Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Well, it's the ultimate in boom-or-bust, and that's ok in the 7th round.

Of course, he's crazy, so...
True, which is why I really don't mind the pick at all. It really is about as WTF as it gets though.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's wrong with Bryce Brown? I don't know anything about him, but I'm curious why you guys are talking about him so much
Old 04-28-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What's wrong with Bryce Brown? I don't know anything about him, but I'm curious why you guys are talking about him so much
I'm wondering too. Somethin bout being crazy

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I'm wondering too. Somethin bout being crazy
Bryce Brown is not crazy. His dad is a dumbass, and he got controlled by his parent. He was the #1 runningback in the country above Trent Richardson, went to Tennessee. Lane Kiffin left after his freshman year, and his dad pretty much forced him to transfer. He tried playing for K-state and couldnt even be 3rd string.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
He is a workout warrior who picked up a ton of coverage sacks and got tagged with the "productive" label. He's a fifth-round prospect and developmental backup in my opinion. Given Belichick's track record of drafting pass rushers (Cunningham, Crable, McKenzie, various other mid-round busts), you'll have to forgive me for being skeptical of a guy I wasn't a big fan of before the draft.
Bequette is going to be a passing downs 5-tech for them.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's just one of those names that I thought I'd never hear again, and all of a sudden the eagles take him in the 7th round in the draft. Hence the WTF. I don't dislike it at all, in fact I kinda like it, could be a steal.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only WTF pick for the Eagles was Foles, I wouldn't have expected them to target him that early if at all, and over Cousins.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
dawhizz
Rookie

dawhizz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the Bears, pretty much everyone but Jeffery
dawhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Ravens it was more "WTF" for the players we didnīt take. Would have loved for us to pick Jared Crick in the 4th and Audie Cole in the 6th (Cant be to mad at the 6th round pick tho. Really high on Tommy Streeter.)
In Ozzie we trust, I guess.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I've thought the Raiders have had a solid draft so far, Bergstrom seems like a reach in the 3rd, but Burris, Crawford and Criner all make me happy in the 4th and 5th rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Yea Bergstrom was a bit wtf for me. Ta'Amu or Crick were the ones I wanted.
I like Bergstrom a lot more than Crawford, who was the first real WTF pick. Christo Bilukidi takes the WTF cake, though.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My WTF moment is the fact the Raiders didn't get address the need for a plugger in the middle AT ALL. Tommy Kelly can take on blockers and he has in the past, but he has the ability to penetrate and get in the backfield, so why mis-use him like that?

"WTF" is the Raiders passing on Josh Chapman and Alameda Ta'amu so many times.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
"WTF" is the Raiders passing on Josh Chapman and Alameda Ta'amu so many times.
I wept like a newly deflowered freshman girl who just realized he's not going to call me again.

Chapman's knee better be shot all to hell. If he's a starting NT in the next 2-3 years, me and Reggie have issues.

God damn it.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of them except for Nick Toon in the 4th.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
FrankGore
Rookie

FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For my own team, I think the picks of AJ Jenkins and LaMichael James were equally shocking, but not bad at all considering what we really needed. The rest of the picks on the 2nd day were pretty ho-hum, not home runs but not bad either.

I have to give the "WTF" award to the Redskins for the Kirk Cousins move. You can give me any reach, bad pick, etc. made by anyone else...this move was worse. You take RGIII and expect them to line him up with help and weapons and instead they use a FOURTH round pick to take a backup who will surely put pressure on him as soon as RGIII starts struggling. That's just insane. Any feeling that the Skins were getting things together was shot to death right there for me.
FrankGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

lol@ Cousins putting pressure on RGIII.

There will be no chants for Kirk freaking Cousins when RGIII has a bad game. Get a grip.

It's insurance against they start QB getting dinged. Dude does run a lot, ya know. And he's not exactly stout. He gets hurt, and it's back to Grossman. Taking a QB there was a great move, especially if he develops and can get them a 2nd round pick in trade down the road.

God damn it.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Broyles for sure, that was a head scratcher.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

There will be no chants for Kirk freaking Cousins when RGIII has a bad game. Get a grip.

It's insurance against they start QB getting dinged. Dude does run a lot, ya know. And he's not exactly stout. He gets hurt, and it's back to Grossman. Taking a QB there was a great move, especially if he develops and can get them a 2nd round pick in trade down the road.
Not this year. If RGIII takes a few years to develop and Cousins has a few big preseason games, then the dynamic changes. The Redskins have been here before, with Heath Shuler and Gus Frerotte. That turned into a big QB controversy before everybody figured out that neither one of them were very good.

Last edited by WCH : 04-28-2012 at 11:30 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Olivier Vernon in the third was a wtf moment.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeVier Posey. Enough said.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
He tried playing for K-state and couldnt even be 3rd string.
Hence the WTF part of the pick.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Ryan Broyles for sure, that was a head scratcher.
Probably the highest rated player at that point. I'm a big fan of his, so I liked the pick.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Not this year. If RGIII takes a few years to develop and Cousins has a few big preseason games, then the dynamic changes. The Redskins have been here before, with Heath Shuler and Gus Frerotte. That turned into a big QB controversy before everybody figured out that neither one of them were very good.
You bolded the wrong part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

There ya go.

God damn it.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been all over the Vikes board saying I wanted Marvin Jones. Greg Childs was my WTF pick. I don't like it at all. Could be in the minority but he has done nothing since the injury and I don't expect that to change. Jones would've been a much better pick IMO.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Probably the highest rated player at that point. I'm a big fan of his, so I liked the pick.
That's how most look at it. The thing is, I've never been a fan of the guy, especially coming off injury. The one thing I can give the guy, he's consistent.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Kellen Moore signing with the Lions count? People talk about not mixing QBs with different styles, and here you might be talking about having both the strongest and weakest-armed QBs in the league on the same roster.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote