Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
It's hard not to make mistakes and to get a game balanced. Especially a large one. Hell, I completely ****** up the Firefly game and it was a relatively small one, and maybe the 10th one I've modded (not all were here). Props to BB for making a game that, while it had some flaws, was still very enjoyable. I had fun.
The huge demand for night roles on this board make the balance a much bigger issue then if you went for a more traditional set of roles.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For one, I don't have a problem with Jensen or TH's participation, or others that weren't as mentionned but posted about the same. They both read the thread, they both posted when they could, they both posted enough to tell what they had to tell and have us thinking. For example, TH in particular didn't post very much, but, as opposed to some players posting 100 times a bunch of useless one-liners, TH's posts were actually quite well-thought, very informing and quite enjoyable to read, much more than about any other post in the game. I'd rather have everyone post less but post something with some content in it. Then I wouldn't have 15 pages of mostly semi-to-non-interesting stuff to read when I come back. And I'm kind of guilty of that too.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<333

I psyched myself out more than a few times. I'd write up 4-5 paragraphs, preview it a half dozen times, and then decide not to post it. I'd panic cause I didn't want to screw up somehow. And that was stupid since it was harder for me to get caught, so forcing the others to handle the talking was just selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm not sure why you think i was getting 'riled up'.
Sorry buddy. I was speaking generally, and I didn't mean to imply it had been you. I think that was the first time I've seen you even mention it. I have a bad habit of starting a post with a quote, and by the end of the post, the initial quote doesn't concern what I'm talking about anymore. Heh...

All things aside, I do want to thank BB again for modding this. A 30 player theme game on your first try? Kid's ceiling is through the roof.

And as far as the roles go, BB himself told us how he regretted more than one thing, and that's good enough for me even if no one else will sympathize. In fact, some roles gave other roles away by apparent accident, some roles seemed like they were used without strategy, and some weren't even used at all (lookin' at you SP!), so they kinda backfired at times, lol. So yeah, I'm over it.

Oh, and any FF fans really missed out in the mafia chat. BB and R4L were goin' nonstop one night. I tried to keep up, but I only ended confusing myself. (STILL CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY ADVENT CHILDREN, BB!)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't play Advent Children, you watch it! Fool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow well done Town. BB you did a great job on this and games from you should only get better from here. My first game sucked monkey balls so I understand how hard it is to make these things.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You don't play Advent Children, you watch it! Fool!
Haha that's an inside joke between TH BB and I...good times good times

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
It's tricky because while you have guys who may not post enough, you have guys like Bulldogs who posted 246 times in this thread. That's 35 posts a day!

There's a really bad aspect of making the roles random. If you get a bunch of inexperienced or quiet guys on one team, then things get skewed even if the roles are balanced. I really don't think the mafia was that inactive. Like I said, only Jensen and I were bad. The rest were either up to par (Renji, Scotty, Rob, R4L) or died super early (Todd and McGee). It's just that the town had guys like Bulldogs, JBond, Vidae, Dr. Gonzo, and yourself who are heavy posters. It's hard to compete with that, let alone dominate it, especially when with so much info, it only fuels the conversation fires. Not to mention the deterrence that a Lie Detector creates. That was a big reward for Renji's activity. He was our most active poster, and it got him honed in on by Ngata.
Hey I was bored ok! Once I start my job next week I won't be around as much.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I don't expect everybody to have 35 posts a day. Hell, I don't expect most people to have more than 10 posts a day. But I think between 5-10 posts should be expected. If not, you're really not adding much to the game anyway. If you miss one day or only get in a post or two, make up for it the next day with 10 posts. Leave your thoughts on that day and say who you think is suspicious. Plenty of people wet the bed with that this game: GallopingGhost, TitanHope, Jensen, Jvig, Goosemahn. I'm not singling out one guy with this.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
i'm not sure why you think i was getting 'riled up'. as i said, i get that real life takes priority over a football board (let alone a game *on* a football board).

what's being suggested is: don't be shocked if the mafia loses when it doesn't have a ton of activity. frankly, i couldn't care less if you never post in the game. but then don't act like (and i'm not meaning YOU jensen, so much as a generic you) the game is unbalanced or you were at a disadvantage and that's why you* lost.

like TH showed, it's not like i was here every three minutes to post either. but i also wouldn't have expected to win if i was evil as a result. *shrug*
This is a good point. The mafia won for the first time in forever in the DBZ game because Caddy and I dominated the discussion. Even Gonzo when he was still alive talked alot which resulted in a standstill and eventual no lynch that hurt the town. We decided during own night talk that dominating the discussion is the best way to win. If you choose not to speak, that's your prerogative, but don't be surprised when your team loses.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either side that lost probably would have claimed that the other side was overpowered. I think in the future, i should spread that power out so, for instance, if what happened to Renji on day 2 happens again, it wouldn't cripple that side completely.

I'll do better next time around.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Either side that lost probably would have claimed that the other side was overpowered. I think in the future, i should spread that power out so, for instance, if what happened to Renji on day 2 happens again, it wouldn't cripple that side completely.

You did fine for a first time imo BB. Game was fun and I loved letting out my inner nerd talking about FF the whole time haha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yup, that NEEDS to be taken into consideration. If ANY role dies Day 1, it can't be a killing blow. That happened to bad guys in Star Wars (surprisingly with Renji's death). Don't have grand plans for a role, they can die Day 1. Keep it simple.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
You did fine for a first time imo BB. Game was fun and I loved letting out my inner nerd talking about FF the whole time haha
Ya, it was a good game, and entertaining. That's the goal!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you did great. if i had to implement that many roles id fail miserably. just trying to give you pointers

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
For the record, I don't expect everybody to have 35 posts a day. Hell, I don't expect most people to have more than 10 posts a day. But I think between 5-10 posts should be expected. If not, you're really not adding much to the game anyway. If you miss one day or only get in a post or two, make up for it the next day with 10 posts. Leave your thoughts on that day and say who you think is suspicious. Plenty of people wet the bed with that this game: GallopingGhost, TitanHope, Jensen, Jvig, Goosemahn. I'm not singling out one guy with this.
I don't know. Most of the time I see someone posting 10 times in one day, 7 of those posts are just a bunch of repeating what's already been said. What's the point? It's not like those 7 posts are really contributing in any way either. + TH posted like 10 times max in the game and I feel every single one of his posts were more contributing than 10 posts combined from anybody else.

Last edited by Job Reborn : 05-05-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
I don't know. Most of the time I see someone posting 10 times in one day, 7 of those posts are just a bunch of repeating what's already been said. What's the point?
Another thing that kills me is, some of the ppl who post a lot, also seem to miss a lot and ask **** that's already been covered.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Another thing that kills me is, some of the ppl who post a lot, also seem to miss a lot and ask **** that's already been covered.
It does move pretty quick, bound to happen. It happens in any Mafia game, live or otherwise.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
It does move pretty quick, bound to happen. It happens in any Mafia game, live or otherwise.
I understand those, but I mean, I seen a few ppl do it on the same page

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really like you njx :)

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand those, but I mean, I seen a few ppl do it on the same page
We all know you are talking about SP. He is an anomaly.
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
lmao....i said nothing!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I guessed that as well haha.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I've never done this. Usually I'm the one explaining.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not throwing names out or burning ppl or w.e. but I have seen it a few times.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You do repost and claim you were page trapped every other page. Guess what, nobody cares. Post once and be done with that thought.