Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-01-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Jamal Charles was unreal for half of 2009 and all of 2010. He is a special back that made our line metrics look better. This wasn't a good line and hasn't been for quite some time.
There is some validity in that, but only some. The line started to come together the second half of 2009. Granted, it was part of the process of the whole offense jelling, but the line played well for a about 1 1/3 seasons, and elite at points.

Then it came apart. Last year was not actively bad, except at the very beginning of the season. But mediocre was its upside for the first 2/3. Improvement was needed, and we lacked personnel.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Why? Why does he have high end starting QB potential? What has he done SINCE HE JOINED THE LEAGUE points to that at all? Nothing. There is nothing about his time as a pro to PROVE THAT.

You're usually a pretty bad homer, but this kind of stuff is just stupid.
Has anyone really heard anything about his development? It seems like the Chiefs like him and think he is developing well. It seems a little early to write off a guy with one year of experience. He joined the league a year ago during the lockout shortened season.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Well, you tried to call me out on something, then you were wrong.

The guy spent 2 years bringing coffee to his dad after finishing Van Wilder Bachelor's program, then he started getting into coaching. I'm not trying to say Haley is dumb by using the infant analogy, he just doesn't have close to the level of experience in evaluating players that Pioli and Crennel do. And his first year as head coach was his first year evaluating a draft class.

Haley did a great job taking advantage of the lot he was given in life. He became a solid coach working under some of the very best offensive coaches of the last 2-3 decades.
Show me one place, one reference where this is anything other than your imagination. I didn't call you out, you corrected me. You do this all the time, to everyone, acting like you are some expert.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Has anyone really heard anything about his development? It seems like the Chiefs like him and think he is developing well. It seems a little early to write off a guy with one year of experience. He joined the league a year ago during the lockout shortened season.
No one really knows anything outside of Arrowhead and that's the way the Chiefs like it. He was drafted as a developmental QB and didn't take a snap during the regular season. Does that make him good or bad? If the Chiefs had drafted a QB in the first few rounds this year it would probably mean that Stanzi would be gone since they aren't going to keep 4 QBs on the roster. As it is, he probably has another year to develop.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I don't know if he's developing well or not, but when nepg spouts of ******** like "Stanzi has high end starting QB potential" when we don't know and there is no proof at all of that since he has joined the league, it's annoying. Nepg still refused to answer the question because it's another example of him trying to seem like he knows what he's talking about when he really doesn't.

I don't know if Stanzi is bad, but I'm not going to put the hopes of my franchise in the hands of a fifth rounder. Stanzi is not Tom Brady. I'd love it if he were, but Brady is the exception, not the rule.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all, I don't consider myself a Stanzi-guy, I didn't think he was much at Iowa, however he does have some physical tools. To knock the guy for not showing anything in his first year is a little ridiculous, especially factoring in he is a 5th rounder, and his first off season was very hampered by the lockout. That said, we shouldn't be banking on Stanzi as the future either. And don't worry about not getting a QB in the draft, after Luck and RG3, there weren't any decent QB prospects. And don't talk to me about Tannehill, we will see him flame out in 3 years.

As far as the draft goes, I can live with Poe because of the phenomenal athleticism and hope in Romeos coaching. I would have taken Mike Adams in round 2. He is a better tackle now than both Allen and Stephenson and will be a better tackle in the future. I would have taken Brandon Thompson in the 3rd, and as much as I like Wylie I would have gone Keshawn Martin in the 4th. I would've been shocked to see George Iloka still in the 5th and taken him. Seeing Brandon Washington still available in the 6th would have made him a Chief. I actually like the Chiefs 7th round, but if it were me, I would've taken Markus Kuhn and B.J. Coleman.

I like that draft better than what we got, would've provided immediate help and still been looking to the future, and upgraded the both lines substantially.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanzi was a 5th round pick for a reason. He could have gone higher, but he did not have the "it" factor that turns bench QBs into starting QBs. In many ways, he is like Cousins: The Prequal.

Until we hear otherwise I will consider Quinn the backup. Cleaveland may have overpaid on draft day, but someone would have taken him by round 2

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote