Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-30-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Player(s) You're Most Excited About On Your Team....

Pretty self explanatory. Name one player on each side of the ball that you can't wait to see this year and give your reasoning. Here's mine:

University of Illinois Fightin' Illini

Offense: Juice Williams/Regis Benn -- I couldn't choose just one so I just took both. From what I've heard Juice has improved a lot from last year, especially with his reads and accuracy. He's got one of the strongest arms in the nation, he's very mobile, and if he can improve in the two areas I mentioned above I think he will do pretty damn good this season. He's just a fun guy to watch play and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this season.

Regis has all the hype, and from what I've heard of him in Spring Practice so far, he's as good as advertised. Great hands, strong, fast, tough, and physical. I believe he can come in right away, start, and make an immediate impact of us. He's got the body already and the skill set to have a very good year and I can't wait to see him put on the pads this season.

Defense: Vontae Davis -- Came out of nowhere last season and took the Big 10 by storm at CB. I had no idea he was going to be this good, but my god. Great size, fast, physical, great in pass coverage, makes great reads, strong against the run, and a very good blitzer. The only thing he lacks is a little consistency but that's going to improve this season. Just a beast on the field. I think I saw maybe one or two games where his play kinda leveled off, but the rest of the time he was all over the place. A potential top 10 pick IMO and a lock down CB in the NFL. Dude's a stud and I can't wait to see him next year. But from what I've heard, he's gotten even better which is flat out scary to even think about. Must run in the family (his brother is Vernon Davis).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas:

Offense: Jamaal Charles- Had a great freshman year but had to split carries with Selvin Young last season. Bulked up this summer and spent all offseason on football rather than track. He has great speed and balance, can't wait to see what he can do with a full load.

Defense: Sergio Kindle/Drew Kelson- Both were ranked #1 in the Nation at their positions (LB/S). Kindle has the talent to be better than Derrick Johnson. Kelson moves back to S after playing OLB, should be interesting to see what he can bring to our secondary.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rico McCoy-lb
Eric Berry-db
Lamarcus Coker-rb
Would have been demetrice morley-was a soph last year, best player on the team but got kicked off for academics.db

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:58 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Erin Henderson LB Maryland

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:02 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense
EB, one of the best WR in the last few seasons, and at the rate he is going he could re write the record books for a SEC WR this season.

Defense
Jonathan Goff, Vandy has been one of the better schools at producing NFL LB's, Goff is the best that we have seen so far.

Back Up
Jared Hawkins, he really fits the spread offense very wells and has break away speed.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

offense

CJ Gable - seems like a hard worker and im excited to see how hes improved.
John David Booty - had a tremendous bowl game and cant wait to see how he progress as a QB next year

sorry, i had to name at least 2 on offense. i am also very excited to see joe mcknight but he probably will have limited playing time being a true freshman.

defense

rey mauluga - i expect him to come away with the butkus award and have a great season. brian cushing will also do great

gamertag: uscfan06

Last edited by RWFender1 : 03-30-2007 at 10:42 AM.
RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Hart on offense

Terrence Taylor on defense
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Note
Rookie

Note hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas Tech:
O - QB Graham Harrell. He didn't have the season he was expected to in his 1st season. He must get consistent for the full 60 minutes next season.

D - A couple of FR DT.
Colby Whitlock from Noble, OK who was all district & double or triple teamed the last 2 seasons but for some reason, OU wasn't interested. I can't see a reason not to think he won't be a solid Big 12 DT, but apparantly OU does.

Bobby Agoucha who transferred from Houston to Putnam City, OK. He only played 5 games last year due to eligiblity issues from the transfer. He did have 18 tackles & 5 sacks. He has the possibility of being the kind of DT we don't normally get at TX Tech.
Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LSU

Richard Murphey - Keiland Williams finished out his true freshman season on a strong note and is primed to be LSU's starter in the backfield. But I've been hearing nothing but praise for redshirt freshman Richard Murphey a slasher who can get to the corner and turn it upfield.

Tyson Jackson - Glenn Dorsey gets all the pub on the Tigers defensive line but junior defensive end Tyson Jackson is primed to explode. I expect to see him play his way into the 1st round.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

On offense:
Kellen Lewis, QB, Sophmore
Kellen was one of the best freshmen in the NCAA last year and his dual threat style is always exciting to watch. He was the team's MVP and I think he could have a great career in the Big Ten.

James Hardy, WR, Junior
Second best Wide Receiver in the Big Ten and he's always a threat to score with his imposing size. I think he'll finally break into the national spotlight this year since there's finally stability at QB and the entire team maturing as a whole.

On defense:
Tracy Porter, CB, Senior
One of the most underrated players in the Big Ten. He's a top 5 corner and if he gets any kind of passrush help this season, I think he could be very good.

Josh Bailey, BUCK, Sophmore
A great athlete who played running back in high school but now is the BUCK in our 4-2-5. He was a freshman all-american last year and is the leader of this very young defense.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan

Offense-I have to go with Hart. I just love that little guy

Defense-I love Shawn Crable, have to go with him. Also Jamar Adams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Michigan
Offense - Chad Henne. I think this is gonna be a GREAT year for him. I think 3 guys will have close to or above 60 receptions (MM, AA, GMat). Henne is gonna be big time this year. They are gonna need to score alot and I think he will toss the ball around like we haven't seen before.

Defense - John Thompson and Donovan Warren or Stevie Brown. Johnny is gonna keep the middle strong for our young D. I think he will ease the pain of all the studs leaving this year. I expect close to 100 tackles for him this year. The secondary is gonna be young and I think these 2 young guys are gonna seperate themselves as the 2 best back there. Don will start by the Big 11 opener. He has too much talent to keep him off the field. Steveie will be an All Big 11 S. He makes plays. He is physically ready (was last year too). He is a ball hawk and will put some much needed strength in our defensive backfield. I am interested to see how all the young guys end up on D. I think there will be alot of 3 year starters that come from this defense.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Matthew Stafford
Old 03-30-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

OSU

Offense: Sean Canfield, Yvenson Bernard, Sammie Stroughter, and Gabe Miller

Defense: Al Afalava, Derrick Doggett

Special Teams: Alexis Serna

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Tigers60

Texas Tech

Offense

Shannon Woods RB

He is a very explosive runner who reminds me a lot of Taurean Henderson but has a more runners approach. He came a few yards short of getting 1,000 last year but he should get it this year. A real threat for opposing teams and should have a great and exciting year.

Defense

Joe Garcia SS

Last year he had to prove himself to everybody because he was filling a big gap left from Dwayne Slay. He came up big in some games making some big hits and playing a huge part of our secondary. I see this year the year he really shows why Texas Tech is known to have hard hitting safetys.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Graig Cooper. Came into spring ball and took the #2 spot already, and is tearing up practice. Gonna be a big time playmaker on both offense and in the return game.

Defense: This is hard, but it's Kenny Phillips. Outstanding all around player and can do everything. Might be the #1 CB next season or could be the SS. Gonna be fun to watch. Campbell is a close #2.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU

-Matt Flynn
-Early Doucet
-Keiland Williams
-Glenn Dorsey

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense:

Kenny Britt-WR

With a full year under his belt, I am now eager to see why Britt was a 4-star recruit heading to Rutgers. He's got the size to be at the least, a great redzone player who should emerge as a top WR this year for the Scarlet Knights.

Defense:
Courtney Greene-S

A playmaker who is getting much better with more playing time, as a junior I expect him to be an NFL prospect relatively soon.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PSU:

Offense: Austin Scott - finally, this once highly touted recruit, gets a shot to start. I think he will put up good, maybe even great, numbers.

Defense: Maurice Evans - this guy has a shot to be a star DE.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too many to name. I'm excited about pretty much everybody, but these are probably the top 4.

RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Jeremiah Johnson

RV Patrick Chung
DE Dexter Manley II
Old 03-30-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
FutureScout
Veteran

FutureScout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
QB Matthew Stafford

I know him.

Stephen McGee, Michael Goodson, Danny Gorrer
FutureScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im excited to see Henne. I honestly think he has the skillset to leave as the GOAT at Michigan.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Offense: Early Doucet

Even though we are primed to be a running team(at least in the beginning of the season), Early will no doubt get his. He's really fast, he's really strong, he can cut on a dime. He absolutely dominated spring practice and spring game(accounted for 9 of the 11 receptions made for his team for 110 or so with a TD. Even had a 40 or so yard punt return when punt returners were down after being touched).

Defense: Tyson Jackson/Darry Beckwith

All I can say is, they're monsters. Our front 7 will be insane.

rainbeaukid
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense

Sam Shields, WR - If he gets stronger and improves his overall game, he will be a terrific target. He is already a deep threat and playmaker, so I expect big things.

Defense

Calais Campbell - A lot of guys could go here, as always for Miami. I had to go with Campbell though, because he just keeps getting stronger and more dominant. He could absolutely explode with production.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keith Payne best Running back in the country, also Chris Long is a pimp.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote