Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-30-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
snuff

Offense: Carson Butler.... I mean uh Mario Manningham.

Defense: Brandon Graham. I really wish he wasn't playing DT though... He would of made a studly LB or DE.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D- Carlos Brown, kinda curious
O- Henne, could have a Heisman type year
Old 03-30-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reading the praise he just received, I'd say DE Xavier Mitchell for Tennessee. I thought he would have a semi-breakout year, and be our best DE. But our DC said that he has had the best spring of any DE that we've had in a long while. Maybe it's just fluff, but I'm actually used to hearing more negative things than positive out of spring ball. We're gonna need him to step his game up in a big way, too, so hopefully he can.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU

Offense: Xavier Lee
He's never had a fair shake on getting a starting job at QB. He was a very highly touted 5* recruit 3 years ago, and I've had to watch a fatass, slowass, pussyass armed QB start over him. The last few years have been painful! The coaches the past few years were obviously favoring drew, even if he didn't get the job done. Now we have QB guru Jimbo Fisher running our offense, and we all know what he did with another big, mobile, strong-armed QB at LSU. Xavier Lee is even more talented than the aformentioned JaMarcus Russell, and god knows how well he will turn out after Fisher coaches this kid.

Defense: Geno Hayes
I haven't been excited for an FSU season in a long time. Partly, that has to do with the offense, but I'm also excited about this revamped defense. After losing many of our starters to the NFL last season, and due to injury, everyone seems injury free, and much more experienced from last season. Geno Hayes will be the leader of this defense. He's better than Lawrence Timmons, who I was very high on. He was injured much of last season, but this year, he expects to be injury free. Runs a 4.5, 40, and is a sure tackler. Was all over the field for us when he was there. Will be a top 15 pick the year he comes out.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona St.

Offense - Rudy Carpenter

Colorado

Offense - Bernard Jackson (QB), Dusty Sprague (WR), Hugh Charles (RB)

Defense - Jordon Dizon (LB), Ryan Walters (S)

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

O: RoJo,Ausbery,Gable
D:Rey Maualuga,Sed Ellis,Taylor Mays
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Offense: Carson Butler.... I mean uh Mario Manningham.

Defense: Brandon Graham. I really wish he wasn't playing DT though... He would of made a studly LB or DE.
I have to say, the Brandon Graham thing irritates me as well. One of the top rated LB's out of high school. Showed extremely well at the Army All American game. Get's to Michigan and he's a DE and now a DT? I guess we just have to trust Coach English on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to trust English. He's the man. Though Graham could see some snaps at LB, which would be sweet
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Oh I forgot to add Marcus Thigpen to my list. The best return man in the NCAA is always exciting to watch.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

USC:
offense:travon patterson/WR
vidal hazleton/WR
marc tyler/RB
Defense:Rey Maualuga/LB
Josh pinkard/DB
Everson griffin/DE

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona State:

Dennis Erickson...Yeah he is not a player, but he is coming in to finally bring this program over the hump so good luck to him.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:44 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Virginia

Offense

The one player I'm most excited about on offense? Tough call ... but as of now, the Cavaliers will likely only go as far as our QB can take us, and in particular, that means with Jameel Sewell at the helm, as breaking in Peter Lalich would make things difficult. Sewell showed good flashes last year, and if he can improve in the passing game, he could be a force. Losing Ogletree hurts, though. Keith Payne is a close 2nd, because the offense may end up leaning on him.

Defense

The easy nod would be to Chris Long, but everyone knows he's good. The nod here is to Jeffrey Fitzgerald. Can he continue to get better, because if so, Fitzgerald/Long could be a nasty tandem, and we potentially have our best NT depth in awhile. The back 7 has enough talent on it to be solid-good if the front 3 play well. A close 2nd would be a NT, perhaps Nate Collins or Nick Jenkins, as we need strong NT play.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:46 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Oh I forgot to add Marcus Thigpen to my list. The best return man in the NCAA is always exciting to watch.
No, that would be Desean Jackson.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Note
Rookie

Note hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
FSU

Offense: Xavier Lee
He's never had a fair shake on getting a starting job at QB. He was a very highly touted 5* recruit 3 years ago, and I've had to watch a fatass, slowass, pussyass armed QB start over him. The last few years have been painful! The coaches the past few years were obviously favoring drew, even if he didn't get the job done. Now we have QB guru Jimbo Fisher running our offense, and we all know what he did with another big, mobile, strong-armed QB at LSU. Xavier Lee is even more talented than the aformentioned JaMarcus Russell, and god knows how well he will turn out after Fisher coaches this kid.
I'd be interested in seeing him at QB too. He gave TX Tech about 5 minutes of attention during the recruiting process so he peaked my interest. He sure has a lot of physical abilities to offer. Sometimes it is who makes the mental adjustment to college ball the fastest.

I'd be interested in seeing what Xavier Lee can do as a starting QB at FSU.
Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
No, that would be Desean Jackson.
Desean is the best punt returner, Marcus is the best kickoff returnman.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Last edited by cardsalltheway : 03-31-2007 at 02:27 PM.
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

For the Buckeyes I'll pick a couple guys the rest of the nation might not know about but we sure hear about in Columbus.

Ray Small- The kid Ted Ginn Sr. called the most explosive player he's ever coached. More than Teddy? Hard to believe but that's high praise, he could quickly step into Ginn's role from last year and flourish as our deep threat.

Kyle Mitchum- I loved this guy coming out of Pennsylvania as a senior. With Rehring supposedly out of shape and favor, I think he could be in a very active rotation on our interior line. We definitely need someone to step up in there.

On defense I'm excited for Dexter Larimore, the DT, and Robert Rose, the freak DE out of Glenville. I think both will be asked to play this year. They're both young (FR and SO) and I'm willing to bet they are staples on the line for years to come.

And finally Ross Homan. Out of Coldwater everyone was calling him the next A.J. Hawk. If he's even in the ballpark I'll take it. I think it's time he gets thrown into a very deep linebacking corps.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas A&M:

Offense: Martellus Bennett/Mike Goodson
Defense: Chris Harrington/Jordan Peterson

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Travis Beckum!!!!! :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i fully agree with Phillez but i'll add two more for Rutgers
O- (rice is a given so i wont use him!)- mike teel QB, it helps i'm good friends with his cousin, but this will be his 2nd year starting and he developed well with young WRs like Britt and the very speedy Brown. (also a more boring pick is Anthony Davis, he'll love opening up holes for Rice!)

D- Eric Foster. With Meekins gone, he will really have to step up this year. This being his senior season, i think he will have an outstanding year(phillez took my original guy with greene!)

also watch if Freshman LB manny abreu gets some time, he will be something special!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

two words:

CHRIS WELLS.

That is all.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I have to say, the Brandon Graham thing irritates me as well. One of the top rated LB's out of high school. Showed extremely well at the Army All American game. Get's to Michigan and he's a DE and now a DT? I guess we just have to trust Coach English on this one.

I think he is having trouble keeping his weight down.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
two words:

CHRIS WELLS.

That is all.
O man I know what you're talking about. Beanie is an absolute monster. I can't wait to see him get the full load. I just hope the coaches realize all we wanna see is give the ball to Beanie watch him run some people over. He's got the burst too.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
I think he is having trouble keeping his weight down.
Yea, I heard that. I thought I saw a quote by Carr that he had come into camp as a freshman at like 280 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan-
Offense- Mike Hart. He is a great running back and I believe he is primed for a huge season.

Defense- Shawn Crable- My favorite player of the defense. He is so athletic and versatile.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll also throw in an offensive player since I did only 1 defensive player earlier. A guy who was pretty disappointing last year because of injury problems that I think is gonna regain his form for us is Arian Foster. I expect him to be the starting tailback come fall. He's been the most impressive back for us this spring, and showed up bigger, stronger, and faster than he's been in all his previous years.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote