Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-01-2007, 04:58 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Percy Harvin. 'Nuff said.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense-Kenny Britt/Mike Teel/Shamar Graves
Defense-Eric Foster/Manny Abreu/George johnson/Courtney Greene
Old 04-01-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maryland:

Defense: Erin Henderson, no doubt, he bulked up another 15 or so pounds since the end of the year, he is so athletic and can really pop

Offense: Josh Portis, hopefully he gets the starting role this year and we run a lot of option with him and run more spread formations

Darrius Hayword-Bay, dude can fly and was really comming on at the end of the year as a RS Fresh.
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin Scott

Maurice Evans

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default yessss

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Percy Harvin. 'Nuff said.

I can't wait to see Harvin become an even bigger part of the offense this year, but I'm also looking forward to seeing how they use Deonte Thompson, who has speed, speed, speed and more speed.

I'm excited to see how all the defensive line recruits shape up as well. With the Gators nailing down 4 D-linemen in the top 50 overall prospects [and with the amount of turnover on the DL] there should be a couple of them that will push for playing time right away.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ohio State:
Offense-
Chris Wells is about to become the man. Maurice Clarrett but faster and stronger. Theis man will be a beast and will dominate the Big Ten and the NCAA next season.

Defense-
James Laurinaitis is someone i am really excited for. Many people were hating on him at the end of the season and calling him so overrated. He was only a sophomore!! He will improve with experience and will become as dominant as any LB in the nation next year.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cal

offense-desean jackson
-should improve even more than last year with longshore coming along

defense-worrell williams
-has great size and instincts, has more experience now and could take over games now that desmond bishop is gone
Old 04-01-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I'll go with Brandon LaFell and Chad Jones, I suppose.

LaFell should be the #2 guy at LSU this year unless Terrance Toliver plays out of his mind in the fall, and Chad Jones reminds me of LaRon Landry.

Joseph Barksdale really excites me, too. Hes a mountain.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wells and lauranitis. no explanation needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense: Golden Tate
It really hasn't been decided where this dynamic freshman will play. He will most likely be out wide and can be featured as a Reggie Bush type of player being able to move around and be used anywhere. I want to see how Charlie will use him. Small chance he is a corner.

Defense: Maurice Crum Jr.
This senior linebacker has been said to be making great strides in practice in the 3-4 and will be a leader on a defense that needs an Identity. Zbikowski is overrated, and with the 3-4 the action and tone needs to be set in the box.

Last edited by dabears10 : 04-02-2007 at 11:47 AM.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense:
Albert Young- he will obviously be the center of our offense and hopefully he can repeat and improve his 2005 season after a unlucky 2006 season...I'm predicting 1600 yards and 11 td's...which might be kinda tough when splitting carries like 60/40 with sims

Defense:
Adam Shada- I'm excited to see how fast he can get water bottles to the good defensive players...

seriously though...Kenny Iwebema/Adriam Claybourn(sp?)...just like Young, Iwebema had a really bad/unlucky 2006 season after coming in with All-American promise...hopefully our whole DL dominates this season after a very underachieving 2006 season...also if Iwebema or Mattison can't get the job done, Claybourn is a beast and could be very exciting to watch on an every down basis, not just passing downs

Wildcard:
Cedric Everson- kick/punt returner? maybe not yet but if so...I'm excited to see what he can do

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
snuff

I cant wait to see RoJo hold down the secondary at Michigan also.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

For the Wisconsin Badgers:

Offense: Travis Beckum TE- He was the best receiving TE in the nation last year and I'll be interested to see him develop into a more balanced TE.

John Clay RB- The true frosh that I watched numerous times these last few years is finally on my team...I can't wait to see him in the cardinal and white.

Defense: Elijah Hodge MLB- The new MLB for what should be one of the better defenses in the nation. He used what few time he played last year to produce some solid numbers. He will be an all conference guy soon.

Jack Ikegwuonu CB- My homer pick as a top 3 CB in the nation. I'm looking for him to move up into the 1st round discussions by seasons end. Rumor has it he is being tried as a PR also...I doubt he will be by seasons start.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
what? (10)
Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Safety by the name of Myron Rolle at Florida State! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

University of MD is getting a freshman named Zach Brown, he won the MD state tournament in dominant fashion at the 215 pound weight class, plus won states for 100 and 200 meter sprints at 200+ pounds. Plus a 4.4 40 tim at a high school combine. He is athletic as they come.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
what? (10)
Sarcasm? Check the sig.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Ha, UM got Warren though. Plus RoJo is playing WR.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im also excited to see malcom jenkins. and ray small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:49 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL
Default LSU

Offense:

Early Doucet. He came on very strong last year, In my opinon surpassing Craig Davis for the second spot at WR. This year the new offensive coordinator Crowton has installed short/quick passes to the flats which get the balls in the hands of playmakers.

He has the ability to break one with very nice moves, plus he is a vertical threat as always.

Richard Murphy. After red-shirting last year he was able to bulk up a bit, now he is a RB in the mode of Dickerson but much faster. He is a load, 6'2" 220+ with great speed and even better moves out of the backfield. In the spring game he broke 2 very long runs.

Honorable Mention is Trindon Holliday. Honestly how can you leave off a guy who runs a 4.2 forty? Especially now since Crowton actually designs plays to utilize his speed and get the ball in his hands anywhere on the field.

Defense:

Tyson Jackson. I dont think any tackle will be able to stop him, only hope to slow him down, and that will never last an entire game. He will be good for a ton of sacks this year.

Darry Beckwith. This guy has finally been moved to MLB, and can show his true talent. Last year as a sophomore he displayed his knack for finding the football, now he will be in better positons to run sideline to sideline. He is a big and fast hungry man.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida State:

Offense:

Xavier Lee- It's time for Lee to solidify his role as the team's starting quarterback. He gives the team a better chance to win than Drew Weatherford.

Antone Smith- He's had an amazing spring practice so far. Now that he will be the lead back, we will have a chance to see what Duece can really do.

Offensive line- Coach Trickett has brought some fire with him from WVU. The offenseive line is kickin ass right now. The running game is far ahead of the passing game. It's time to see this offensive line get nasty and consistant.

Defense:

Paul Griffen- This man is an absolute bull. He and Andre Fluellen will be the anchors of the defensive line.

Marcus Ball- Had a short season last year due to injury. Should come back 100% and continue the tradition of linebackers at FSU.

Myron Rolle- Finished the season last year with an interception, and looking to continue where he left off.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without a doubt, on offense it's Graig Cooper. The kid is absolutely electric and will only get better. Combined with Javarris James, the Canes may have another Portis-McGahee combo.

Defense was easier then offense. Calais Campbell is going to be absolutely nutty next year. 6'8'' with a 4.5 40 is unheard of in college ball, and he has become the leader of the defense. A close second was Colin McCarthy, simply because I have been hearing such good things about him. KP never came to mind, I was already excited for him last year, I don't think he can get much better than he is already. I just hope he makes the right decision on whether to go pro after this year.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Florida State:

Offense:

Xavier Lee- It's time for Lee to solidify his role as the team's starting quarterback. He gives the team a better chance to win than Drew Weatherford.

Antone Smith- He's had an amazing spring practice so far. Now that he will be the lead back, we will have a chance to see what Duece can really do.

Offensive line- Coach Trickett has brought some fire with him from WVU. The offenseive line is kickin ass right now. The running game is far ahead of the passing game. It's time to see this offensive line get nasty and consistant.

Defense:

Paul Griffen- This man is an absolute bull. He and Andre Fluellen will be the anchors of the defensive line.

Marcus Ball- Had a short season last year due to injury. Should come back 100% and continue the tradition of linebackers at FSU.

Myron Rolle- Finished the season last year with an interception, and looking to continue where he left off.
Florida State does not have a 10-win quarterback on their roster right now. I can't see how anyone can get excited over X-Man when he has had one good game in his college career.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarthy looked great in the spring game. I really think he will be the starting MLB next year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Living in SoCal the last two years I've become more interested in UCLA/USC football and I have to say Al Verner is one of the most intriguing players I've seen. I'm interested to see how he does this year now that he's no longer a well kept secret.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote