Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC South Division Forum

AFC South Division Forum Discuss the AFC South

Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default AFC South Draft Discussion/Grade Thread

Some big happenings already in the AFC South. Two teams have chosen QBotF in the Top 10, and both the Texans and Colts make solid choices that fit what they need. So discuss the division in this thread, grade how you think your favorite teams and your rivals did, and anything else ya want!

Houston Texans
1st Round (11): J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
2nd Round (42): Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
2nd Round (60/Trade): Brandon Harris, CB, Miami(FL)
4th Round (105): Rashad Carmichael, CB, VaTech
5th Round (144/Trade): Shiloh Keo, S, Idaho
5th Round (152/Trade): T.J. Yates, QB, North Carolina
7th Round (214): Derek Newton, OL, Arkansas St.
7th Round (254/Comp.): Cheta Ozougwu, OLB, Rice

Indianapolis Colts
1st Round (22): Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
2nd Round (49/Trade): Ben Ijalana, OT/OG, Villanova
3rd Round (87): Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
4th Round (119): Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
6th Round (188): Chris Rucker, CB, Michigan St.

Jacksonville Jaguars
1st Round (10/Trade): Blaine Gabbert, QB, Mizzou
3rd Round (76/Trade): William Rackley, OG, Lehigh
4th Round (114): Cecil Shorts, WR, Mt. Union
4th Round (121/Trade): Christopher Prosinski, S, Wyoming
5th Round (147): Roderick Isaac, CB, MTSU

Tennessee Titans
1st Round (8): Jake Locker, QB, Washington
2nd Round (39): Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
3rd Round (77): Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
4th Round (109): Colin McCarthy, OLB, Miami(FL)
4th Round (130/Comp.): Jamie Harper, RB, Clemson
5th Round (142): Karl Klug, DE, Iowa
6th Round (175): Byron Stingily, OT,Louisville
7th Round (212): Zach Clayton, DT, Auburn
7th Round (251/Comp.): Tommie Campbell, DB, California(PA)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-30-2011 at 11:56 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:59 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans: C
Not happy with the Texans pick, I think he will be solid but we have much bigger needs and with Quinn and Prince right there i cant believe we took Watt.

Titans:B+
I like Locker better than the other QBs in the draft. He didnt have anything around him to block or pass to. Not sure what the Britt situation is but that could be a great duo. Plus he seems to be just a great guy, something you guys arent use to having at QB haha VY.

Colts:B-
I was so scared that the Colts were going to take Ingram, luckly they didnt. I really didnt want to see that guy twice a year, we already have to deal with CJ and MoJo Drew. But LT is a good pick up for them.

Jax:C+
Im not a Gabbert fan, but i do like the fact they took a QB. Really kinda shocked though.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st post updated.

Houston did work today! Titans got some good value with Akeem Ayers and Jurrell Casey, and can't argue with Indy and J'Ville for solidifying the trenches. Looking forward to actually being able to watch it tommorrow!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans had the best draft.

Indy drafted very well also. It was smart to protect Manning, and they always need DT's.

For a team that seems on the cusp from time to time of being a good team, they got a QB of the future? Gabbert is a good prospect, but they weren't able to get any help now. I don't know...but doesn't look like they got any better immediately.

Titans-well I guess they got a QB. There 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks were nice. After that, I don't see anyone that I am expecting to see regularly on highlight films

1st place-Texans
2nd place-Indy (but a very close second.)
3rd place-Titans
Last-Jaguars

Just my 2 pennies.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm starting to think J.J. Watt is a pretty overrated pick. At first, I loved it. Allowed the Texans to not be forced to play Williams at 5-tech, and added a talented, versatile player that fit their new scheme under Wade perfectly. Plus, anything that helps that defense is big. But then I started looking back at 5-techs and how valuable they are. When Phillips was in Dallas, he drafted Luis Castillo in the 1st Round and Igor Olshansky in the 2nd Round. Castillo had one good year, and Olshansky was...there. So solid players, but only Castillo ever showed to be an impact player. In Dallas, Marcus Spears was a high pick and he's been average. The OLB's were the gears that kept those defenses turning. Shawne Merriman and DeMarcus Ware were the pinnacle players on those defenses, yet they pass on Robert Quinn. Plus, Watt may not have even been the best 3-4 DE on the board with Cam Jordan available, and towards the end of the season his weaknesses were shown, especially the TCU game where they ran right at him.

Albeit, Brooks Reed in the 2nd is awesome. But his hype seems like it's mostly because he's similar to Clay Matthews, not because of his own production. He didn't even lead his team in sacks - Ricky Elmore did. Either way, ya'll still got an OLB to pair with Williams and Barwin, although Quinn is the more talented player at this most impactful position.

But yeah, I still like what the Texans did and would grade them highest. Although, they should have had the best draft with 3 picks in the first two rounds. Brandon Harris was a great pick too. I don't think any team had a bad draft either. Titans and Jags did what they had to by drafting a QB. Colts loaded up on the lines which is always good.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 05-19-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:19 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm starting to think J.J. Watt is a pretty overrated pick.
Say Watt? You still think it was an overrated pick?
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote