Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on drafting a tackle high? If a situation where an Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson was rated highest on the board swing away or go elsewhere?
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I would love to see Ed Reed finish his career in dallas. Best case scenario right there.
the thing about ed reed is he likes to freelance outside of the scheme, so i'm not sure how he would fit in tampa-2 scheme
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Any thoughts on drafting a tackle high? If a situation where an Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson was rated highest on the board swing away or go elsewhere?
if cooper and warmack are off the board, i would consider lane johnson, maybe fluker but im concerned about his ability to pass block at the nfl level, i think fisher pretty much locked himself into the top 10 @ the senior bowl
Old 01-26-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed the Senior Bowl. Who showed up well today?

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
i watched about 5 mins but i recorded to watch later. anybody in particular you were looking foward to see?
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Ansah
Datone Jones - Intriguing 4-3 DE prospect potentially.
Will Davis (Utah State) - Side note HOLY HELL can he hit from the CB position
E.J. Manuel
Brandon Williams
Sylvester Williams
Kawann Short

Side note: Wow did T.J. McDonald look bad. Was reading he was not playing well during practices and it certainly translated to the field. He got lit up by Alabama TE Michael Williams on a seam route.

That being said if he's going to free-fall in the draft he still has 1st round type physical tools just have to wonder how Kiffin views him after working with him up close and personal.

It is also NOT the year of the QB. Horrible QB play during the game aside from the aforementioned E.J. Manuel.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm in love with Lane Johnson. Not sure how he'll hold up against the power ends in his first year because he is so thin...but his feet are sexy. Hell I'd put him at LT...makes everything look easy. Not sure if we'll go OT over DL though.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i watched about 5 mins but i recorded to watch later. anybody in particular you were looking foward to see?
I didn't have anyone in particular in mind. I was going to look at safeties and OL though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Ansah
Datone Jones - Intriguing 4-3 DE prospect potentially.
Will Davis (Utah State) - Side note HOLY HELL can he hit from the CB position
E.J. Manuel
Brandon Williams
Sylvester Williams
Kawann Short

Side note: Wow did T.J. McDonald look bad. Was reading he was not playing well during practices and it certainly translated to the field. He got lit up by Alabama TE Michael Williams on a seam route.

That being said if he's going to free-fall in the draft he still has 1st round type physical tools just have to wonder how Kiffin views him after working with him up close and personal.

It is also NOT the year of the QB. Horrible QB play during the game aside from the aforementioned E.J. Manuel.
Thanks for the response. I heard how bad QBs are this year. I would like it if they saw a guy they could draft in the 3rd or 4th to start grooming for Romo, but if they're all bad this year then it would just end up being Stephen McGee all over again.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Today I was looking through walterfootball.com's new mock draft that he put up and came across an interesting situation. He has Jarvis Jones falling all the way to 17 to the Steelers, one pick before Dallas. I'm interested to see what you guys think of about possibly trading up to get Jones if he falls. Personally I wouldn't trade up too far, maybe to the 14 spot.

He could be used in Dallas similar to how Von Miller is used in Denver. He could play the Sam OLB in the base defense, and then put his hand on the ground and rush the passer in the nickel. Then Hatcher could be used as the LDE in the base and kick inside for the nickel.

There hasn't been much discussion in this thread lately and it's starting to bore me haha. So I had to throw out a scenario to discuss.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post
Today I was looking through walterfootball.com's new mock draft that he put up and came across an interesting situation. He has Jarvis Jones falling all the way to 17 to the Steelers, one pick before Dallas. I'm interested to see what you guys think of about possibly trading up to get Jones if he falls. Personally I wouldn't trade up too far, maybe to the 14 spot.

He could be used in Dallas similar to how Von Miller is used in Denver. He could play the Sam OLB in the base defense, and then put his hand on the ground and rush the passer in the nickel. Then Hatcher could be used as the LDE in the base and kick inside for the nickel.

There hasn't been much discussion in this thread lately and it's starting to bore me haha. So I had to throw out a scenario to discuss.
I had a mock a while back that had Jarvis slipping to shake up the same draft Warmack/Cooper over and over. The odds are slim unless his medical report gets a huge red flag because of his spinal condition and in that case we might take a pass as well. His ability to find the ball is his best asset and he is actually decent dropping into zone coverage. It would be an interesting selection. We have gone to a BPA approach and have had success.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jarvis and Warmack are both there, I still take Warmack. We can't keep ignoring the OL. That's the whole reason why we keep sucking, imo.

That said... I do love me some Jarvis Jones. I don't care if we could only squeeze 5 years out of him. He plays like an animal!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I'm in love with Lane Johnson. Not sure how he'll hold up against the power ends in his first year because he is so thin...but his feet are sexy. Hell I'd put him at LT...makes everything look easy. Not sure if we'll go OT over DL though.
Me too. The upside is through the roof. His feet blew me away (No Rex Ryan). And I think he has a pretty good frame. Give him a year of NFL training to work on that core and he could potentially be the best OT in this draft class.

When he runs a 4.8 at the combine he's gonna shoot up boards though. I think he should be a top 10 pick.

And even with his frame as is, he looked damn good at the Senior Bowl. Loved how he gets to the 2nd level in the run game too. He's so damn fast for an OT.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been watching a lot of film on guards and I keep coming back to Warmack and Cooper. The gap after those two is very noticeable unlike the drop at DE, DT, and S.

It would be extremely hard to pass on either of them if they are available at 18 barring a trade-down.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Been watching a lot of film on guards and I keep coming back to Warmack and Cooper. The gap after those two is very noticeable unlike the drop at DE, DT, and S.

It would be extremely hard to pass on either of them if they are available at 18 barring a trade-down.
I agree, that there is plenty of talent in the top three rounds when it comes to DE, S, and 1 tech NT. I think there is a shortage of true three tech DT and after Floyd/Richardson the value goes way down. I'm not really a fan of Richardson, I have read reports that he might have some IQ issues, granted that was said about Dez too. I'm intrigued with Broddus's infatuation with Floyd, he clearly is a high motor guy but i really don't see a refined pass rusher but with RM as the line coach anything could happen.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree, that there is plenty of talent in the top three rounds when it comes to DE, S, and 1 tech NT. I think there is a shortage of true three tech DT and after Floyd/Richardson the value goes way down. I'm not really a fan of Richardson, I have read reports that he might have some IQ issues, granted that was said about Dez too. I'm intrigued with Broddus's infatuation with Floyd, he clearly is a high motor guy but i really don't see a refined pass rusher but with RM as the line coach anything could happen.
I actually like some of the second tier 3-tech guys more than the top tier. While Floyd/Richardson/Short are getting a ton of press plenty of solid options will be available after them. Sylvester Williams, Akeem Spencer, Jordan Hill (played both 1-tech and 3-tech at Penn State) would all be better "value" selections. Bit of a homer with Jordan Hill as a fellow PSU alum but the guy has a motor that does not quit.

If mocks are correct and Short does fall around our second round pick that would be a no brainer.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I actually like some of the second tier 3-tech guys more than the top tier. While Floyd/Richardson/Short are getting a ton of press plenty of solid options will be available after them. Sylvester Williams, Akeem Spencer, Jordan Hill (played both 1-tech and 3-tech at Penn State) would all be better "value" selections. Bit of a homer with Jordan Hill as a fellow PSU alum but the guy has a motor that does not quit.

If mocks are correct and Short does fall around our second round pick that would be a no brainer.
sylvester williams will go ahead of most of those guys you listed as the top tier dt's he had a great year after he lost all of that weight.

on the other hand i'm not in love with spence at all, i think he too small, i have no idea why he came out
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The only OGs that really interest me are the top 4. I don't think there is that much that separates a Cooper from a Warford or a Bailey. If we go OL it's going to have to be round 1 or 2. Be interesting to see how we handle it. Safety class also doesn't look very deep outside of the 2nd round. To me OG and S are 2 needs we have going into the draft where 30-50 is going to be prime picking for those positions. Might have to do some moving around this year.

I foresee us having a few guys on the board that make sense for us at 18 and trading down should be a reasonable option as long as the OL/DL isn't diminished by pick 18. Warmack/Cooper/Lane Johnson could all be on the board still. Not to mention the DL we should be targeting looks deep at 18...all the following names could be potential targets and potentially be available. Montgomery, Jordan, Ansah, Okafor could all be there at DE and at DT Hankins, Richardson, Floyd, Short, Williams.

That is 12 players who fit a need that could be potential targets at 18. A few of these guys may be gone..but surely not all of them. If even 5 of these guys are still on the board when we are selected at 18 we might worth risking moving down into the 2nd round.

That brings up the next question of who would want to move up and why? NYG are picking at 19 and it seems like the names that are circulating around them would be a Ansah or a Lane Johnson.

Now both of these guys have elite potential and if one or the other is on the board still at 18 I'd take them...but that said we have needs and moving up last year for Claiborne hurt our depth. So to me this would be the ideal situation.

Lastly I want to look at trade targets for us that would net us the value we need to address our needs in the top 50.

Miami has two 2nd round picks per the Vonte Davis trade last year. Value wise according the the chart it works out about perfect.

#18 = 900
#42 = 480
#54 = 360

Why would Miami look to move up? I'd have to think it'd be for a WR but I'm not sure that'd have interest. From a value standpoint thats about the best return we could get. That would give us pick #42, #50, and #54. Thats 3 starters to me.

42- Matt Elam, S Florida
50- Barrett Jones, C/OG Alabama
54- Jordan Hill, DT Penn State

I ran out of time finishing my thoughts. But basically would a trade down scenario like I brought up...would that draft be better then getting a more premier 3-tech and only one of the need positions. I don't think we'll find a upgrade on the interior OL unless we touch it in round 2. Same is said for Safety. And even more so DL...finding a starter on the DL outside of the top 2 rounds is also a crapshoot.

I have a few safeties I really covet in this class...but none of them are on pace to be drafted outside of the top 2 rounds at this point and I'm not sure we'll take one that high.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice words thule. I'm a little indifferent in that I really like the depth of this safety class.

I would love to seek out a trade down. I think that's hard to do this year cause of the strength of that range.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nice words thule. I'm a little indifferent in that I really like the depth of this safety class.

I would love to seek out a trade down. I think that's hard to do this year cause of the strength of that range.
Agreed. Awesome write-up thule. I love way too many safety prospects to peg myself down. Admittedly Elam is probably one of my least favorites in this crop too :(

I think it's going to be rough trying to trade down this year although you never know when someone will start trying to trade up from the second to get their "franchise" QB. We are about where we were with Steven Jackson on the board and we traded out to let the Bills take J.P. Losman. If we can work a future first+2nd or multiple seconds out of the 18 slot it would probably be for the best.

I am A LOT higher on Cooper than most here I think. To me it's a coin flip between him and Warmack. His violent punch and agile feet just seem to fit the athletic line mold we've been promoting.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

I can't imagine not drafting a safety in the first or second round. I know we have other needs on both sides of the trenches, but safety has to be right up there in priorities. Rob Ryan got fired for lack of turnovers, so why not go get a guy that could help you in that category. I think we can all agree that neither Sensy or Church are any sort of ballhawks. I just don't see how we can preach turnovers, but not make adress it in the first two rounds.

I'm really liking what I've been seeing from Vaccaro. I think he is exactly what we need in Dallas. He's a solid in coverage, can come up and attack the line of scrimmage, and can even man up on wide receivers in the slot. He also would bring an attitude to the defense that we don't see very often.

Sensy's contract is very easily cuttable, so I think if we do get Vacarro then we could potentially cut Sensy for cap relief. The duo of Church and Vacarro would look pretty nice in the back end with Johnson and Framton as backups. Of course, this is all of moot point if Vacarro isn't available at 18 anyway.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post
I can't imagine not drafting a safety in the first or second round.
i can
Quote:
I know we have other needs on both sides of the trenches, but safety has to be right up there in priorities. Rob Ryan got fired for lack of turnovers, so why not go get a guy that could help you in that category. I think we can all agree that neither Sensy or Church are any sort of ballhawks. I just don't see how we can preach turnovers, but not make adress it in the first two rounds.

I'm really liking what I've been seeing from Vaccaro. I think he is exactly what we need in Dallas. He's a solid in coverage, can come up and attack the line of scrimmage, and can even man up on wide receivers in the slot. He also would bring an attitude to the defense that we don't see very often.

Sensy's contract is very easily cuttable, so I think if we do get Vacarro then we could potentially cut Sensy for cap relief. The duo of Church and Vacarro would look pretty nice in the back end with Johnson and Framton as backups. Of course, this is all of moot point if Vacarro isn't available at 18 anyway.
just because you draft a safety doesn't necessarily mean your defense is gonna get a bunch of interception, if you look at the stats of the last 5 years of top 5 players in ints they are mostly corners, and only once in those 5 years have the top 5 had more more safeties than corners and that was 2008.

cutting sensabaugh would not be a wise move b/c he'll cost almost $4 million in dead money against the cap

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 02-01-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
cutting sensabaugh would not be a wise move b/c he'll cost almost $4 million in dead money against the cap
Sensy has $2.25 million left in bonuses which are the dead money when cut. His remaining salaries per year are $3m next year, $4 million in 2014 and 2015, and $6.5m in 2016.

Even cutting him prior to June 1st would save the team $0.75 million if they absorb the cap hit all this year. If he doesn't fit the system or play well enough to guarantee a rookie, Matt Johnson, or any other competition doesn't pass him on the depth chart he will be on the street.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my draft thoughts right now for the the first 2 rounds.

If Anthony Spencer is signed.

Round 1- Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper- if neither are available take the best available DT or Kenny Vaccarro

Round2- if Guard is choose in Round 1- take best available Safety- Matt Elam, Tony Jefferson or Phillip Thomas. If guard isn't chosen and we go DT- select Larry Warford. If Safety is take in Round 1, select Larry Warford.

If Anthony Spencer isn't signed and no DE is picked up in FA.

Round 1- Ezekial Ansah- DE- BYU
Round 2- Larry Warford- G- Kentucky

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep your hands off of Warmack and Ansah please. Thnx.

Both of our teams have similar needs: OL, DL (DE and/or DT). So it'll be interesting to see if either team tries to move up/down in an effort of getting "their guy"

We also need LBs which you guys don't (and possibly DB as well), but I don't think either team invests a 1st into DB or in our case LB.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the chose Guards are gone, Spencer is resigned and Vaccarro is starring at us, I find it hard to believe we don't go after him if we cannot trade back for value.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote