Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Bolyard View Post
On a happier note:

There's a few late round tackles that would make perfect zone blocking guards (or centers) in the future:

Virginia OT Oday Aboushi
Colorado OT David Bakhtiari
I'm down with Bakhtiari but I think he'll go higher than where I'd want to take him. My guess, 3rd/4th round.

Stay away from Aboushi... stay FAAAAAARRRR away.

Late round... gimme Vincent Painter or Jordan Mills.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm down with Bakhtiari but I think he'll go higher than where I'd want to take him. My guess, 3rd/4th round.

Stay away from Aboushi... stay FAAAAAARRRR away.

Late round... gimme Vincent Painter or Jordan Mills.
I like me some Mills, but as a tackle.

Why the dislike for Aboushi?

I heard a while back teams might try Bakhtiari at center, and that would be a heck of an idea.
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I heard a while back teams might try Bakhtiari at center, and that would be a heck of an idea.
Oops sorry. I thought you were talking about late round Tackles.

Any thoughts on Lamar Mady? I like him as a late round C. Bakhtiari at C is intriguing but I'd like a guy with experience since that position is so cerebral.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Oops sorry. I thought you were talking about late round Tackles.

Any thoughts on Lamar Mady? I like him as a late round C. Bakhtiari at C is intriguing but I'd like a guy with experience since that position is so cerebral.
I don't know anything about Mady. I mean, I've read things about him from about a dozen sources, but when I watch video of a small school guy, I just don't know how to value them sometimes. Especially if they aren't a skill positions player. I'd be willing to give him a late round look since I prefer his size to the players we have on our roster (aside from Cook) and let Costa/Cook/Kowalski play this year and try to get Mady up to speed as it pertains to complex stunts and some other facets of the NFL game.

By the way, Mayock just had Star Lotulelei falling to Dallas. Would L-O-V-E that if it happened.
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't know anything about Mady. I mean, I've read things about him from about a dozen sources, but when I watch video of a small school guy, I just don't know how to value them sometimes. Especially if they aren't a skill positions player. I'd be willing to give him a late round look since I prefer his size to the players we have on our roster (aside from Cook) and let Costa/Cook/Kowalski play this year and try to get Mady up to speed as it pertains to complex stunts and some other facets of the NFL game.

By the way, Mayock just had Star Lotulelei falling to Dallas. Would L-O-V-E that if it happened.
Mayock's mocks are terrible, but ... Oh Happy Day!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Sullivan ‏@SullyBaldHead 38m
Just spent a few hours at Valley Ranch, taping this week's edition of "On Air," and the chatter has the Cowboys looking to move up tomorrow.

Prepare yourself guys. This could get ugly

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Just spent a few hours at Valley Ranch, taping this week's edition of "On Air," and the chatter has the Cowboys looking to move up tomorrow.

Keep it in your pants Jarrah

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Cooper is the only guy worth trading up for.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bakhtiari & Quessenberry both being looked at as G/C. I like them both, but think Quessenberry is substantially better.

Jones, Schwenke, Quessenberry can all play G/C in ZBS.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Asked Sully about that -- told him I would think trade up targets would be Richardson or Vacarro. He said definitely not Vacarro.

In fact, he said he believe team would pass on Vacarro if he was around at 18 due to depth.

Sully thinks trade up target is Cooper or Warmack, which I think is stupid, but he's as plugged in as anybody so..
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Asked Sully about that -- told him I would think trade up targets would be Richardson or Vacarro. He said definitely not Vacarro.

In fact, he said he believe team would pass on Vacarro if he was around at 18 due to depth.

Sully thinks trade up target is Cooper or Warmack, which I think is stupid, but he's as plugged in as anybody so..
Yeah I dont want to trade up unless Cooper is sitting there at 14 or so and it doesnt cost much to make the move. If we have to give up a 2nd again Ill be pissed

I also dont want to stay at 18 if it means we take Williams or Reid either though. Small trade up, hope somebody falls, or trade down.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 04-24-2013 at 09:54 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everything is smokescreens right now.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Bakhtiari & Quessenberry both being looked at as G/C. I like them both, but think Quessenberry is substantially better.

Jones, Schwenke, Quessenberry can all play G/C in ZBS.
Add Pugh to that list. In fact the Cowboys might be the one team to actually draft him to do that.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I dont want to trade up unless Cooper is sitting there at 14 or so and it doesnt cost much to make the move. If we have to give up a 2nd again Ill be pissed

I also dont want to stay at 18 if it means we take Williams or Reid either though. Small trade up, hope somebody falls, or trade down.
Who runs the draft?

Jason Garrett.

Who's ass is on the line?

Jason Garrett.

Who doesn't care about future picks if he's gone after this year?

Jason Garrett.

I've had the thought for a while that Garrett might not be gun shy about moving up in the draft to draft Warmack/Cooper using a future pick. I've mocked that scenario and discussed it off and on. As well as trying to say that I think this will be an offensive heavy draft.

I really think Garrett is darn right determined to load up on offense this year.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I wouldn't guess Richardson. He might easily be there at 18.

Maybe Mayock is onto his mock of giving us Star. If we trade up for him, that would make some sense.

I'm really hoping for Cooper/Warmack though.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't guess Richardson. He might easily be there at 18.

Maybe Mayock is onto his mock of giving us Star. If we trade up for him, that would make some sense.

I'm really hoping for Cooper/Warmack though.
I hope Richardson is there, but doubt it. Think Sly is the best DT avail at 18. I actually think Warmack has a better chance of being available at 18 than Richardson.

Late buzz tonight from Broaddus, Mosley, Watkins is that the team is heavily interested in Eifert.

A few day ago I mentioned him as a dark horse, but was just guessing. Looks like it has some legs to it now.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:44 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry and Co. just need to sit tight until they are on the clock at #18. I don't see a player that we just have to trade draft picks to move up & select.

That trade up last year has me on edge for this year. Giving up any picks for any player is too much. We have holes and we are tight against the cap, we need our picks (and then some).

I have no problem IF we end up taking Eifert. I do think it's a smokescreen to generate trade down possibilities.

Trade Down: As long as they Draft to their board after the trade down and not reach for need.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone on the main board posted the wonderlic scores. I kept the ones I thought were noteworthy.

Quote:
7 Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
9 Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
9 Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

11 Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
12 Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

19 Matt Elam, S, Florida
20 Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
22 Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
22 Shawn Williams, S, Georgia

25 Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
25 Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

27 David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State
27 Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
28 D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina
29 Eric Reid, S, LSU
29 Kyle Long, OG, Oregon State

31 Brian Schwenke, C,
34 Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
34 Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
35 Barrett Jones, C, Alabama
35 Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
41 Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
First off holy hell did Warmack score poorly. Couple that with the rumors about him "struggling" to learn the playbook and you may have a red flag. Cooper on the other hand scored very high as did Schwenke, Frederick, Jones, and Williams.

Safeties all scored together aside from Swearinger, whom I would of sworn would of scored a 10 from interviews, and Eric Reid who scored almost ten points higher than the competition.

In the notable, and funny, portion of the conversation Austin (7), Warmack (9), and Richardson (9) all scored under 10 points.

Ryan Nassib scored a 41.

All in all though it's the wonderlic so take it with a grain of salt.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An LSU player scored a 29, can't be accurate...
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope Richardson is there, but doubt it. Think Sly is the best DT avail at 18. I actually think Warmack has a better chance of being available at 18 than Richardson.

Late buzz tonight from Broaddus, Mosley, Watkins is that the team is heavily interested in Eifert.

A few day ago I mentioned him as a dark horse, but was just guessing. Looks like it has some legs to it now.
What are your thoughts on taking Eifert @ 18? I personally have been warming to the idea. Especially if Cooper, Warmack and Richardson are already gone.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Schwenke. Having a good smart Center would do wonders for our OL.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Scott's last mock has us taking: Fluker, Short and Bell. While I wouldn't be stoked about Fluker I could grow to like it. Short and Bell I'd be fairly happy with. Especially getting Short in round 2.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to hear that our GM has his priorities set this morning. I wonder what other GM's are doing hours before the draft.

smh
Old 04-25-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
Glad to hear that our GM has his priorities set this morning. I wonder what other GM's are doing hours before the draft.

smh
What's your GM doing?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

Jerry's attending the George W. Bush Library Ceremony today.........priorities.

Owner, go ahead, attend the ceremony. As our GM, I think priorities should be the Draft. Drop a line to the former President.

Jones says he has the ultimate final decision on every pick. Then I want my GM at the team facility going over everything this morning and afternoon.