Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
Jerry's attending the George W. Bush Library Ceremony today.........priorities.

Owner, go ahead, attend the ceremony. As our GM, I think priorities should be the Draft. Drop a line to the former President.

Jones says he has the ultimate final decision on every pick. Then I want my GM at the team facility going over everything this morning and afternoon.
RELAX, I see nothing wrong with this. At this point, our board is set and we've talked to many other teams about trade scenarios.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Owner, go ahead, attend the ceremony. As our GM, I think priorities should be the Draft. Drop a line to the former President.

Jones says he has the ultimate final decision on every pick. Then I want my GM at the team facility going over everything this morning and afternoon.
I wouldn't overreact. If teams are scrambling in preparation for today then they haven't been doing their job for the last three or four months.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Relax. He is the mouthpiece of the organization. Stephen handles the cap. Scouts are in charge of 1/2 the draft input and the coaching staff handles the other half. Jerry's role is to sign the checks and add additional weight to the scouts opinions in the war-room.

Jerry wants the spotlight and to be the media's focus on the team which is fine since Garrett seems more than happy to work behind closed doors. Even when Jerry gets interviewed now-a-days it reeks of parroting.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look, there's been a ton of mileage on this on twitter and the radio and I think, frankly, it's silly.

2 things:

1. This is a very important event in Dallas. Not only is the opening of the library a big deal, the fact that every living president will be there is huge. I have no problem with JJ being there for a couple of hours.

2. If there are teams scrambling around on things this morning, then they have done a really poor job of preperation up to this point.

This is just another opportunity for folks to pile on JJ.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad there's many of us on here that agree this is a non story.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 04-25-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you guys want Eifert so much? To trade him? Witten is 30 years old, I see no logical way he isn't a starter here another 4-5 years at minimum, and Tony G is 37 still playing at a high level. Witten will be a starter here for as long as he can play and wants to. I'd throw up if we took a TE in the top 20 picks to be a back-up his entire career here. We aren't going to mold him to take Witten's job, and we know how much we use a 2nd TE(it's not like he's a big mauling blocker).

I just don't get it. Maybe we think Witten is already 35 years old, but you don't take a 2nd TE in the top 20 picks under any circumstances. I'd just rather draft a WR which we don't need, but at least we would find more opportunities for somebody like Deandre Hopkins then Eifert. Austin may be gone next year, Witten isn't going anywhere.

For as bad of a team we are in a number of positions it's surprising so many people would be fine to take a luxury pick in a TE in the top 20 who will have minimal impact on this team every single week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more Jerry stays away from the draft the better. It's Jason's show anyways.

Funny thing about Eifert... I mentioned his name a several days ago before all this Eifert hoopla began, when the question was asked who would we take if all of our targets were gone. I still don't think all of our targets will be gone by 18, and I don't think we draft him, but it is nice to see my thoughts were in line with what the Cowboys rumors are.

LL, Tony G is a freak. Witten won't last that long. He might be 30, but he sure seems like an old 30. You gotta be able to keep up in this league. When we're talking about offensive weapons that will be available to us. Eifert is one of the most conceivable BPAs. I really do think that he has the best ball skills of any receiver in this draft. He really knows how to attack the ball in the air and he's super reliable to haul it down. He's also one of the safest players in the draft.

Dez, Murray, Eifert... that sounds like a bright future.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what the market will be for someone like Spencer, but don't be surprised if he gets traded this weekend. Just a hunch!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 18th Pick

About 10 hours before we make our pick wondering what many of us want that pick to be. I know we have already stated our pick and who are favorites are, but realistically which 3 players would u want?

Richardson
Cooper
Womack
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Cooper
Richardson
Warmack

Old 04-25-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I'm not sure what the market will be for someone like Spencer, but don't be surprised if he gets traded this weekend. Just a hunch!
Ooh nice call if that happens!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Spencer

I don't think he will be traded. 9 million contract is not going to fit in some teams salary cap.

Let him play out the year and next year we will have those 10 million for salary cap relief and to sign some people.

about 8 hrs to go....
Old 04-25-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
I don't think he will be traded. 9 million contract is not going to fit in some teams salary cap.

Let him play out the year and next year we will have those 10 million for salary cap relief and to sign some people.

about 8 hrs to go....
Some team will work out a long term deal with him.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

I am sure people would have known if we allowed for this to happen. Teams would have to ask the Cowboys for permission to seek out a trade and I don't think it would be something a team would want to do during the draft. Could I see it happening during the season before the deadline.......yes! But i don't think it would happen. Just my guess.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only seen a little on YouTube of a few guys that I think the team was targeting, so I'm just spectating. My wishlist is:

Cooper
Warmack
Vaccaro

I think one of the guards will be there becaue guard is one of those spots that a lot of teams don't go after early, and 18 should be a sweet spot. We'll see later tonight though. I think the Sylvester Williams thing is a huge smokescreen and/or reporters trying to call shots in the dark, but if they got him I can't be mad since I haven't seen him play. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
About 10 hours before we make our pick wondering what many of us want that pick to be. I know we have already stated our pick and who are favorites are, but realistically which 3 players would u want?

Richardson
Cooper
Womack
Here's what I'm looking at with the top 32... whether we trade up or down.

My Top 32 for the Dallas Cowboys

1. Jonathan Cooper, UNC
2. Chance Warmack, Alabama
3. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
4. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
5. Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
6. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
7. Jarvis Jones, Georgia
8. Star Lotulelei, Utah
9. Xavier Rhodes, Florida St
10. Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
11. Barkevious Mingo, LSU
12. Dion Jordan, Oregon
13. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
14. Johnathan Cyprien, FIU
15. Sharrif Floyd, Florida
16. Datone Jones, UCLA
17. Bjoern Werner, FSU
18. Eric Reid, LSU
19. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
20. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
21. Tank Carradine, FSU
22. Keenan Allen, California
23. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
24. DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
25. Ziggy Ansah, BYU
26. Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
27. Sylvester Williams, UNC
28. Kevin Minter, LSU
29. Alec Ogletree, Georgia
30. Justin Pugh, Syracuse
31. Kyle Long, Oregon
32. DJ Fluker, Alabama
Old 04-25-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The more Jerry stays away from the draft the better. It's Jason's show anyways.

Funny thing about Eifert... I mentioned his name a several days ago before all this Eifert hoopla began, when the question was asked who would we take if all of our targets were gone. I still don't think all of our targets will be gone by 18, and I don't think we draft him, but it is nice to see my thoughts were in line with what the Cowboys rumors are.

LL, Tony G is a freak. Witten won't last that long. He might be 30, but he sure seems like an old 30. You gotta be able to keep up in this league. When we're talking about offensive weapons that will be available to us. Eifert is one of the most conceivable BPAs. I really do think that he has the best ball skills of any receiver in this draft. He really knows how to attack the ball in the air and he's super reliable to haul it down. He's also one of the safest players in the draft.

Dez, Murray, Eifert... that sounds like a bright future.
I'm with LL on this one, as long as Romo is QB and Witten stays healthy he is going to be a guy that will catch 80+ balls a season. I think their time at the ranch will be tied closely and have about 3-4 years left as an efficient duo.

Also, I have been paying very close attention to the development of James Hannah. Although, he really didn't have a break out rookie campaign he has reportedly come a long way in terms of route running and blocking. Broaddus made a couple nice comments throughout the season that Hannah was burning the second team defense with some good consistency in practice. While I don't think he is a finished product yet he is a guy that has proved enough to the staff to get promoted to the #2 TE and the team looking for a blocking specialist for #3. He has the athleticism to be a matchup nightmare and can create separation underneath with his sub 4.5 speed.

Personally if we were looking to pair young guys at skill positions I'd start developing a WR before selecting a TE. Harris has slowly proven himself worthy of being a #3 WR with the ability to play out of every variation of the position and coming on strong toward the end of the season but he isn't a dynamic threat. Austin hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy the last couple of seasons and always seems to tweek his hammy when he shifts to top gear and may eventually be a cap casualty. Speaking of the cap, if Dez continues to trend toward a top 5 WR in the league the team might not be able to afford him once his contract is up.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's what I'm looking at with the top 32... whether we trade up or down.

My Top 32 for the Dallas Cowboys

1. Jonathan Cooper, UNC
2. Chance Warmack, Alabama
3. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
4. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
5. Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
6. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
7. Jarvis Jones, Georgia
8. Star Lotulelei, Utah
9. Xavier Rhodes, Florida St
10. Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
11. Barkevious Mingo, LSU
12. Dion Jordan, Oregon
13. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
14. Johnathan Cyprien, FIU
15. Sharrif Floyd, Florida
16. Datone Jones, UCLA
17. Bjoern Werner, FSU
18. Eric Reid, LSU
19. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
20. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
21. Tank Carradine, FSU
22. Keenan Allen, California
23. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
24. DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson
25. Ziggy Ansah, BYU
26. Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
27. Sylvester Williams, UNC
28. Kevin Minter, LSU
29. Alec Ogletree, Georgia
30. Justin Pugh, Syracuse
31. Kyle Long, Oregon
32. DJ Fluker, Alabama
That is a very good list, Xavier Rhodes might be an excellent option at FS, I also mentioned I had a feeling the team might take a look at the weakside pass rushers and transition Ware to the strongside next season, and hopefully O-line is a priority.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I'm with LL on this one, as long as Romo is QB and Witten stays healthy he is going to be a guy that will catch 80+ balls a season. I think their time at the ranch will be tied closely and have about 3-4 years left as an efficient duo.

Also, I have been paying very close attention to the development of James Hannah. Although, he really didn't have a break out rookie campaign he has reportedly come a long way in terms of route running and blocking. Broaddus made a couple nice comments throughout the season that Hannah was burning the second team defense with some good consistency in practice. While I don't think he is a finished product yet he is a guy that has proved enough to the staff to get promoted to the #2 TE and the team looking for a blocking specialist for #3. He has the athleticism to be a matchup nightmare and can create separation underneath with his sub 4.5 speed.

Personally if we were looking to pair young guys at skill positions I'd start developing a WR before selecting a TE. Harris has slowly proven himself worthy of being a #3 WR with the ability to play out of every variation of the position and coming on strong toward the end of the season but he isn't a dynamic threat. Austin hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy the last couple of seasons and always seems to tweek his hammy when he shifts to top gear and may eventually be a cap casualty. Speaking of the cap, if Dez continues to trend toward a top 5 WR in the league the team might not be able to afford him once his contract is up.
As for Dez, I'm sure JJ will figure out a way to afford him. I don't see us letting a top talent like that go if he continues to grow into a premier WR.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Another thought I have is if Eifert is there, the Cowboys could end up pulling off a trade with Atlanta. The Falcons supposedly have a huge yearning sensation for him. We saw what they gave up for Julio. If something like that is offered. Sign me the hell up.

...unless Cooper/Warmack are there then no way do you trade down.

As for Eifert in Dallas... sure, there's a part of me that understands that it's not the biggest need. But when you're talking about putting weapons on the field, he would make the Cowboys a match up nightmare for our NFC East foes.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That is a very good list, Xavier Rhodes might be an excellent option at FS, I also mentioned I had a feeling the team might take a look at the weakside pass rushers and transition Ware to the strongside next season, and hopefully O-line is a priority.
Thanks. How scary would it be if we didn't draft anyone off that list today?

I'm scared. lol
Old 04-25-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks. How scary would it be if we didn't draft anyone off that list today?

I'm scared. lol
I think it's a scary draft for all teams. There's so much uncertainty

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
What are your thoughts on taking Eifert @ 18? I personally have been warming to the idea. Especially if Cooper, Warmack and Richardson are already gone.
Eifert is projected to go in the early teens and I think Dallas really only has 3 choices in this year's draft. The OL, especially if one of the OG's slips although RT shouldn't be totally out of the equation, a DT or a Safety. Picking another skill player would be ridiculous IMO. However, I wouldn't want to be a scout trying to convince Jerry to stick to the script.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 04-25-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think it's a scary draft for all teams. There's so much uncertainty
...and that's why we love it so much! :D

On another note regarding the trade up rumors...

I can see it now...

"The NY Jets have made a trade. With the 9th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Tavon Austin, Wide Receiver - West Virginia University."

Old 04-25-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Another thought I have is if Eifert is there, the Cowboys could end up pulling off a trade with Atlanta. The Falcons supposedly have a huge yearning sensation for him. We saw what they gave up for Julio. If something like that is offered. Sign me the hell up.

...unless Cooper/Warmack are there then no way do you trade down.

As for Eifert in Dallas... sure, there's a part of me that understands that it's not the biggest need. But when you're talking about putting weapons on the field, he would make the Cowboys a match up nightmare for our NFC East foes.
Atlanta is an interesting thought. They have the 30th pick and the 60th in the 2nd.

Would moving out of 18 and going to 30 be worth getting the 60th pick?

-Douglas MacArthur