Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-25-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
At first I was against it just because of the idea of needs, but the more I thought about it, the more I like it.

Eifert has potential to turn into an all around TE. He isn't just a pass catcher. I could argue the types of mismatches you can get with him on the field are superior to what you would get with Tavon Austin, and I'm sure everyone who be fine if he was the pick.

Having Witten & Eifert wouldn't just help in the run game and mismatches either -- pairing him with Dez would give the team an insane red zone combination.

So when you think about the combination of things you can do with Eifert, and the potential of having him, Witten, Austin, Dez and Murray on the field at the same time, I believe you have the potential for something real special.

Defenses can go into the nickel, and face a mismatch vs the run, or they can stay in base, and face a mismatch vs the pass.

Get a G/C in the 2/3 and sign a FA tackle and you've got a hell of a team on paper.

Slide a safety in somewhere and the team has done reasonably well considering where they were pre-draft.
i would rather see a get a lineman rather than another skill player, and i love guys like patterson and hunter, but i think we need to get better in the trenches. our d-lineman depth is pathetic and ratliff is 32 but hatcher is 31 too, and our primary backup crawford, as of now, is backing up both dt and de

as much as i would love to have skill player in the first who could be a mismatch, i feel like we need to give d-ware some help on the inside if that guy is available at 18 hopefully richardson
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Cooper
Richardson
TRADE DOWN
Warmack

In that order for me. Should be an interesting draft :)
I heard any of the three or trade down.

Tell ya what, ATL first next year plus late 2 and late 3/4 is not a bad deal.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

f* ck the cowboys!

you guys are pathetic...."america's team" my balls!

suck on the basement of the nfc east, tools

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jerry jones is getting bent over by tony romo right now

romo aint got no rings fools!!!

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
I heard any of the three or trade down.

Tell ya what, ATL first next year plus late 2 and late 3/4 is not a bad deal.
atl gm has said they looking to move up but their not willing to part with their second rounder or next years first rounder, unless thats a smoke screen
Old 04-25-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
atl gm has said they looking to move up but their not willing to part with their second rounder or next years first rounder, unless thats a smoke screen
Imagine it's a bargaining ploy. If they volunteer the high pick right away they'll end up surrendering more. If you start off saying 1st and third and they say 1st and 2nd you still make a value compared to starting at 1+2 and ending up 1+2+4.

Everything pre-draft is smokescreens anyhow :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's not smart to use a future first with this draft bc there's no "special" players worth that type of risk.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
ATL and San Francisco should use their picks to get high quality.

What San Fran is going to do with 13 picks is beyond me. Same for ATL.

If I am San Fran and I can get my top WR or top TE, I trade 1 and then some to move up.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
it's not smart to use a future first with this draft bc there's no "special" players worth that type of risk.
Teams like ATL and SF have windows. They are stacked and don't need tons of players. They need 3-4 high quality rookies. Future 1 for them still is a post-20 pick.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Teams like ATL and SF have windows. They are stacked and don't need tons of players. They need 3-4 high quality rookies. Future 1 for them still is a post-20 pick.
Their windows are large since they have young, franchise QBs.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
You never know the Bills once parted with a future 1st round pick to get JP Losman. Worked out ok for us though
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
ATL and San Francisco should use their picks to get high quality.

What San Fran is going to do with 13 picks is beyond me. Same for ATL.

If I am San Fran and I can get my top WR or top TE, I trade 1 and then some to move up.
i agree with sf trading up to draft an impact player since they have picks tk burn, but atl gave up a ton of picks in the last 2 drafts, there no 1 in this draft as good as julio jones so i find it highly unlikely they give up premium picks to move up in a weak first round
Old 04-25-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
You never know the Bills once parted with a future 1st round pick to get JP Losman. Worked out ok for us though
did you forget who we got with that pick marcus spears and julius jones, and who we passed steven jackson, i think both us & buffalo lost on that deal
Old 04-25-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well here we go. I'm gonna give up the hope we get any of the Guards but I'm going to predict we trade up to get Vaccaro. Maybe at 13. Don't agree with it but think it could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well here we go. I'm gonna give up the hope we get any of the Guards but I'm going to predict we trade up to get Vaccaro. Maybe at 13. Don't agree with it but think it could happen.
Let's all chat somewhere...

Go to IRC. www.gamesurge.net/chat

Type in your name in the box in the middle and then type:

/join #swdc

A bunch of guys are there already.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the Dallascowboys.com war room cam working for you guys?
Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
man if we got dallas thomas in the 4th that would humongous dteal
Old 04-25-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
man if we got dallas thomas in the 4th that would humongous dteal
Old 04-25-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is the Dallascowboys.com war room cam working for you guys?
Yes.............

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it!!!!!!!!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stings a bit
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleh. Get on #swdc gentlemen!
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This looks like it might get ugly
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Cowboys war room deflated when Cooper was taken... when Austin was taken with the next pick, Garrett pounded the table and walked out of the room.

Interesting, eh?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cowboys war room deflated when Cooper was taken... when Austin was taken with the next pick, Garrett pounded the table and walked out of the room.

Interesting, eh?
Stephen working the phones. Hope they dont trade up