Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-27-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, a possible 4th TE (blocker)

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...e-and-maybe-rb
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Bolyard View Post
Well looking at current roster holes:
We need a d-lineman. Right now we have 7 linemen that are assured of a spot next season:Ware, Spencer, Ratliff, Hatcher, Wilber (was moved to DE), Lissemore, Crawford.
I'd love Okafor here, and slide Crawford to fulltime DT.

We need a linebacker (or 2). Starters have been identified with Carter, Lee, and Durant. Lee is always nicked up. You have a decent reserve in Sims. A guy in Alex Albright. And Caleb McSurdy.
Dallas showed a lot of interest in Shawn Porter... where there's smoke...

We need a runningback. Murray has fought injuries dating back to highschool and Tanner provides nothing. Dunbar is an okay #3.
After Alfred Morris I don't have a preference. Some runningback we haven't even thought of will probably end up being the best one in this draft. On the list I suppose Franklin.

Offensive Tackle. Eh, we're all over Doug Free. Parnell doesn't look impressive. This is down the list because there are still some quality guys left in free agency.
I like Fragel who's still learning the position.

Defensive Playmaker. This will probably include double dipping at the safety position, but no one on the roster causes turnovers consistantly. Time to add one.
Rambo (better name than player), Wolff, or Thomas. That would give us Church, Johnson, Allen, Wilcox, and McCray plus another guy... but I'm not sold that Allen HAS to make the roster and McCray is a special teams guy. Those kinds get released and replaced all the time.
I agree on Crawford. I don't think he'll ever have the ability to be a constant speed pressure at DE. But he surprised coaches last year when he showed to be an effective run stuffer. He got up to what.. 285 pounds last year? Further molding him into a 3 tech sounds like it has potential. I'd like to see how Monte ends up using him. He's probably a big reason why the team felt ok bypassing DTs to favor offense. Remember, we're looking for "Rush men" up there in the front 4. heh.

The Okafor suggestion is a good one. Right now I see better talent available at DE than DT. But I really don't think Garrett is interested at all in using any of our picks on the DL until maybe our last pick.

I see a run on RBs about to start. The value is strong there. QB is strong too, but with only 3 picks, it's hard to imagine that we'll go with one. Bray, Nassib, Wilson, Barkley, Dysert... today would seem to be a great opportunity to nab one. Gotta imagine we're done at WR. I liked some other guys more than Terrance Williams, but what's done is done. If we really are done on the OL, then the team must have something up their sleeve planned in FA. I'm still crossing my fingers that we cut Free and sign Winston, but Fragel, Bahktiari, and another personal favorite, Vinston Painter are out there. I'm unsure on Quessenberry. Seems like he has some tools to work with but requires a lot of development ahead.

Love your idea of adding a defensive playmaker. Slim pickings ahead though. I agree that that is the biggest thing our defense needs. The idea is that hopefully the scheme change will bring us more turnovers. Kiffin got his hard hitting Safety which is what he looks for... jaw crushing hitter who can help knock balls lose. But our CB depth is weak and there is a lot there still available too.

I hope we take some familiar names... and not this tom foolery business of taking guys nobody has heard of.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
We love TE's. We didn't even need Marty B in the 2nd when we got him. It's just so important to us for some reason. I like multiple TE's but it's more of a luxury if you need multiple starters still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jerry could be puffing smoke, but watch out for Demetrius Harris. UW-Milwaukee PF. Yeah, Power Forward as in basketball. I wouldn't call him a one dimensional blocker... but he's an impressive specimen. The Cowboys held a private workout with him.

Shows a little bit about him.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley to the Iggles. Is that a fit?m

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
We love TE's. We didn't even need Marty B in the 2nd when we got him. It's just so important to us for some reason. I like multiple TE's but it's more of a luxury if you need multiple starters still.
Garrett idolizes Belichick. Always talks about the Patriots. Our problem is our #2 TE never was a real receiving threat. Now we got that. Excited about the possibilities.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be very unhappy if we grab a blocking TE.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Barkley to the Iggles. Is that a fit?m
I wish that didn't happen. I've been a fan of Barkley and now he's in the NFC East? Ugh. I wanted to cheer for him... now I can't. hah. Won't surprise me if Barkley is a great NFL QB.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Jerry could be puffing smoke, but watch out for Demetrius Harris. UW-Milwaukee PF. Yeah, Power Forward as in basketball. I wouldn't call him a one dimensional blocker... but he's an impressive specimen. The Cowboys held a private workout with him.

Shows a little bit about him.
Wouldn't Harris be a priority UDFA?
Old 04-27-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Wouldn't Harris be a priority UDFA?
Yeah, but we're talking about the Cowboys... lol
Old 04-27-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, but we're talking about the Cowboys... lol
So Harris is in play with our 4th rd. pick..... lol
Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wish that didn't happen. I've been a fan of Barkley and now he's in the NFC East? Ugh. I wanted to cheer for him... now I can't. hah. Won't surprise me if Barkley is a great NFL QB.
Yeah. I was rooting for him and now I have to hope the Eagles ruin him. Same with Damontre Moore :/
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll take Randle RB, OSU. Hes the only RB left that we brought in for a visit I believe.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-27-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I think we'll take Randle RB, OSU. Hes the only RB left that we brought in for a visit I believe.
I hope for Lattimore or Franklin.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ROFL Nassib.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I hope for Lattimore or Franklin.
Lattimore is off our board if you believe Broaddus

Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Curious to see how far Jesse Williams slides too. Personally I think Randle will be the selection. Although if I were picking it would be Franklin.

I am happy about that run on QBs I didn't want any part of one. We have Romo long-term and Orton for the next few years as a dependable backup. This year should be hoping to win the "Romo-lottery" and turn a UDFA into a player.

Boooo Barrett Jones went the pick before ours. I wouldn't of been shocked to nab him there.

Last edited by Trogdor : 04-27-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Love BW. Nickel + returner. Scandrick should be worried about his job.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

acceptable needed another corner
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
jbsg02
Rookie

jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.jbsg02 is a cocksman.

Always need cornerbacks, and he played a lot of games in 4 years
jbsg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

HELL YES. BW Webb is a STUD. Relief!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great value, can replace Scandrick by mid season, can't have enough CBs...
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

B-dubs! It's a highlight tape but he's a player. Extremely happy about that pick.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

Can never have enough CB's
Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With how pass happy offenses are I can't be mad at getting another corner. I think the top three of Carr, Claiborne, and Scandrick are solid with more potential, but Webb can add something to things. I just hope they don't cut him after training camp like a few mid round corners in the past. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote