Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I don't have a pic but apparently Titus Young sucker punched Louis Delmas at practice today and is no barred from the facilities. Thought this would be the best place to post this little tid bit
Old 05-21-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
So I don't have a pic but apparently Titus Young sucker punched Louis Delmas at practice today and is no barred from the facilities. Thought this would be the best place to post this little tid bit
Is it wrong that I assume Delmas deserved it simply because of who he is?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delmas probably deserved something but a sucker punch is crossing the line.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I said soft physique. So, yes. A gut is absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt a soft physique.
Wow. So having a gut means you have a soft physique. Just wow. Believe it or not there is more to not having a soft physique than six pack abs.

Quote:
No way to answer. He could be good. He could be bad. But if he had a gut, I'd say he has a soft physique and would be the exception.

If you asked "could" he be successful the answer is yes. "Would" is an impossible to predict concept.
If he has a gut he'd have a soft physique to you...yet how many guys come into the NFL with non "soft" physiques (by your interpretation which is having a six pack) and fail miserably.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Wow. So having a gut means you have a soft physique. Just wow. Believe it or not there is more to not having a soft physique than six pack abs.

If he has a gut he'd have a soft physique to you...yet how many guys come into the NFL with non "soft" physiques (by your interpretation which is having a six pack) and fail miserably.
No Ness. You maintain to make an assumption that I never made. I NEVER made the interpretation that not having a 6-pack = soft physique. You made that interpretation.

Not having a 6-pack is NOT... I repeat NOT a sign of a soft-physique. Actually having a gestating midsection, a GUT, is a soft physique. How can you possibly believe other wise?

When a person lacks a protruding 6-pack, does NOT mean they have a gut. To me, a gut is excess fat in the midsection. I'm not talking flat stomachs without definition. I'm talking having a fat gut.

Using the Jared Allen picture from earlier. He doesn't have protruding 6-pack abs. He doesn't have a gut. He doesn't have a soft physique.

A player like Mike Singletary falls into that category. not chiseled, but DEFINITELY NOT exhibiting FAT in their midsections. When you have a FAT midsection (GUT), you have a soft physique.

Last edited by phlysac : 05-21-2012 at 06:43 PM.
phlysac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
List the LBs that succeed.

List those that have guts.

Make a percentage.

Would those that have guts not be the exception?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

LaMarr Woodley is the OLB that most closely resembles the physique of Courtney Upshaw. Upshaw often appears to carry even more weight, especially in the hips and butt. They both have similar "guts."

Woodley is most definitely an exception based on his body-type.

Continue to name extremely lean and muscular "workout warriors" whom have failed. That doesn't argue my point. My point was that, although it doesn't prevent success, having a gut at the LB position rare, and succeeding with said gut makes you an exception.

I can only assume you have a different definition of "gut" than I do.

Last edited by phlysac : 05-21-2012 at 06:54 PM.
phlysac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole argument is ******** because Upshaw said his intent was to lose 10-15lbs over the summer.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When you have a FAT midsection (GUT), you have a soft physique.
This is all I needed. So your entire physique is based upon your midsection. When you have a fat midsection, you have a soft physique. Forget every other part of the body. Different strokes for different folks though.

Quote:
List the LBs that succeed.

List those that have guts.

Make a percentage.

Would those that have guts not be the exception?
Sorry I don't have the specs on every single player in the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-21-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

core >>>>>>>>>>

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real question is why are two Niner fans arguing over a Raven? Seriously though Upshaw, gut or no, is still a baller and will make plays whether he's 270 lbs or 260 lbs. It depends on Ravens defensive staff and what they feel will make him more effective in their scheme.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Good luck replacing Suggs with him. He looks soft as hell.
You have no idea the disappoint I felt when I saw the picture being referred to the whole time. That's a gut?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upshaw isn't fat, he's built like a ******* wall. I'm so excited to see him play this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

It got outta hand. And alot of that was my fault. It started so innocently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
I want my LBs cut or built like a brick **** house.
Quote:
Being "built like a brick house" doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be a good player.

The NFL isn't a bodybuilding competition.
Quote:
Very, very true. But soft-bodies LBs whom excel are the exception.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garcon #88

New Indoor Facility

RG3 Stretching with First Team

RG3 In Action

Cooley slimmed down to 237

Niles Paul bulked up for TE

Rex looking like his normal dumb self
Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
The cameraman must be holding a doobie!

:D
Old 05-22-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The cameraman must be holding a doobie!

:D
LOL, that was good.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMFAO!

Trent if def giving him that ,'when you gonna pass that bone, dude?' look.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What am I missing in the pic that suggests the camera guy has a blunt?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
What am I missing in the pic that suggests the camera guy has a blunt?
Trent Williams.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niles Paul playing TE? really?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Trent Williams.
So it's just him looking at the camera. Ok. I thought there was something more.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
That's the plan. Supposedly bulked up to the low 230s right now and hopes to get into the mid 230s by preseason. He is a very good fundamental blocker and has a ton of speed for his size. Probably be the #3 TE behind Davis and Cooley and if he adjusts well and shows promise he could end up getting Cooley cut...way too early to say one way or the other.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

polamalu making his first (ever?) OTA appearance to support his boy taamu lol

Old 05-22-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Yup. Remember Shanahan took a former WR around the exact same size, moved him to TE, and he was enshrined into the Hall of Fame last year.

Now I'm obviously not saying Paul will be that caliber of player, but Shanahan has made this move before and it worked out extremely well.