Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
A guy from Yahoo's equivalent of Bleacher Report and Michael Irvin. Those are some great, credible sources you've got there. Totally trumps a well reasoned argument made by a former pro scout.
I think you missed the point...
Old 05-22-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
a former pro scout? nice. apparently he was really good at it. certainly makes a crappy op-ed FAR more credible. i *almost* care now.
Haha, okay then.

[NOTE: That is not me trying to change the tone of this interaction, that is me actually laughing at you.]

You're brushing the link I provided off as a random op-ed and you're wrong for it. It's not as if I'm linking you to some dumbass Matt Miller article on Bleacher Report that says Vontaze Burfict is better than Patrick Willis as a prospect. That would be stupid if I was presenting you with something of that nature, but I'm not. Perhaps instead of being a know-it-all dickhead you might actually be a little more open minded and consider that you may be wrong.

The article was published on NFL.com (a perfectly reputable publisher) and it was written by Bucky Brooks, a five year NFL veteran with eight years of scouting experience for NFL teams. He's a writer with credibility.

And it's not as if he said anything that is completely off the wall. Is Tom Brady not one of the best quarterbacks in recent history? Does Wes Welker not have a great supporting cast? Have other Patriots receivers not had a drop off in production after they left New England? Is Wes Welker not a slot receiver "who excels on short crossers and option routes"? Is it not true that Wes Welker is not explosive?

Meanwhile, your [failed] satirical response that tried to use sarcasm to show the flaws in my thinking linked to an article based around the opinion of Michael Irvin and the other was something written by a former baseball player for Yahoo's "fan network". Congratulations, you proved nothing. All you did was provide a nice little contrast to the article I brought to the table which only makes it look better.

And of course now you're going to run with the whole "Oh, he's a former scout so he must not be very good" argument because it suits what you're going for. But it's completely ignorant. How do you know he was no good as a scout? How do you know he didn't just grow tired of constantly travelling and never seeing his family and then when his contract expired he pursued a media opportunity? You don't and to pretend that you do is stupid.

Why must you always be so belligerent? Have a drink. Get laid. Pull the stick out of your ass. I don't care what you do but it might serve you well to not be such an uptight, arrogant prick.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, we're all agreed that this is thumper, right?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'd be interested to hear specifically who should NOT be ranked ahead of Welker on my list.

The way I do it is "if I could have any receiver, who would it be?" Then go down the line. "Who would I rather have, _____ or ______?" That's how I do "better." In a vacuum. Forgetting scheme, who else you have, etc. If I had Tom Brady as my QB and we were running the Pats exact offense, I'd probably pick Welker much higher to play the slot. But with unknowns in terms of scheme and teammates, as if I'm drafting to an expansion team, these are my rankings...

WR
01. Calvin Johnson
02. Larry Fitzgerald
03. Andre Johnson
04. Greg Jennings
05. Steve Smith
06. Hakeem Nicks
07. Mike Wallace
08. Brandon Marshall
09. A.J. Green
10. Dwayne Bowe
11. Julio Jones
12. Jordy Nelson
13. Percy Harvin
14. Roddy White
15. Reggie Wayne
16. DeSean Jackson
17. Kenny Britt
18. Marques Colston
19. Santonio Holmes
20. Dez Bryant
21. Vincent Jackson
22. Jeremy Maclin
23. Wes Welker
24. Victor Cruz
25. Antonio Brown
26. Steve Johnson
27. Miles Austin
28. Sidney Rice
29. Brandon Lloyd
30. Laurent Robinson
31. Eric Decker
32. Nate Washington
33. Demariyus Thomas
34. Pierre Garcon
35. Denarius Moore
36. Anquan Boldin
37. Michael Crabtree
38. Darrius Heyward-Bey
39. Torrey Smith
40. Mike Williams TB
41. Robert Meachem
Id rather have Welker than Harvin. And
Jordy below Julio still has me smh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Wait, we're all agreed that this is thumper, right?
As long as thumper is jbcx, yes.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
As long as thumper is jbcx, yes.
and that he is. sig now edited with proper citation.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Eli Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Matthew Stafford

RB.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. LeSean McCoy
3. Maurice Jones-Drew
4. Arian Foster
5. Ray Rice

WR

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Andre Johnson
4. Brandon Marshall
5. Steve Smith

TE

1. Jimmy Graham
2. Rob Gronkowski
3. Vernon Davis
4. Antonio Gates
5. Jason Witten
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Props on the jimmy K love but unfortunately he retired.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote