Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Well then where is Alshon Jeffery??
My guess would be Golden Corral.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
My guess would be Golden Corral.
really? because I was gonna say fat camp
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT called, it wants it snarky comment back!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PFT called, it wants it snarky comment back!
fine, he's still stuck at the line of scrimmage because he couldn't get separation. better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to admit I think I saw the Golden Corral comment at PFT first. I should've said KFC. But then again that would make me racist.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-02-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
fine, he's still stuck at the line of scrimmage because he couldn't get separation. better?
Ehhh it's relevant, yes, but cliche at this point. There was someone else on the Bears board that tried to be clever and say he couldn't separate from a glue trap, a hilarious fail of a metaphor. So I took it further while staying in the same vein: he can't separate from a dead horse.

You can use that one.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why isn't from on this list? Ridiculous!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^Love it when people say "this" league. As if they're in it in any form themselves. :P

Anywhozers, I haven't seen Brandon Marshall on any ones list. Wussupwitdat?
WR is a very tough list to make and Marshall is like Terrell Owens, terrifically talented but do you want him in your dressing room???
Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers - I want to put him #1, but I need more of a track record
3. Drew Brees
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Eli Manning - Rounds out the elite tear. Rivers falls to #6 and no longer elite in my book

RB
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Arian Foster
3. Ray Rice
4. Maurice Jones Drew
5. LeSean McCoy

WR
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Andre Johnson
4. Hakeem Nicks
5. Roddy White

**** it, receivers are so awesome these days, I'm doing 5 more

6. Victor Cruz
7. Mike Wallace
8. Brandon Marshall
9. Greg Jennings
10. Wes Welker

TE
1. Rob Gronkowski
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Vernon Davis
4. Jason Witten
5. Antonio Gates

LT
1. Joe Thomas
2. Jake Long
3. Ryan Clady - Trusting my eyes. He's elite.
4. Jason Peters
5. Duane Brown - Wanted to go Jordan Gross.

LG
1. Carl Nicks
2. Ben Grubbs
3. Logan Mankins - Not letting one season change anything
4. Andy Levitre
5. Mike Iupati - Not buying Evan Mathis just yet. I'll go with the guy that doesn't have a history of sucking.

C
1. Nick Mangold
2. Alex Mack
3. Jeff Saturday
4. Chris Myers
5. Maurkice Pouncey - Underrated because he was overrated. Also would rank Eric Wood over Kalil.

RG
1. Jahri Evans
2. Marshall Yanda
3. Josh Sitton
4. Harvey Dahl
5. Chris Snee

RT
1. David Stewart -Considering Tyron Smith a LT
2. Tyson Clabo
3. Michael Oher
4. Sebastian Vollmer
5. Andre Smith - I don't see much difference in quality between him, healthy Otah, Bulaga, Winston, few other guys

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 05-03-2012 at 03:20 PM.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
WR is a very tough list to make and Marshall is like Terrell Owens, terrifically talented but do you want him in your dressing room???
You're the worst.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
You're the worst.
Dressing rooms are for thespians.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ChiFan, no Eric Winston love at RT?!

(yes, I know the irony of doing exactly what I just made fun of, so sue me!)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ChiFan, this is by far the best list I have seen posted yet. Personally, I feel Michael Roos is at least a top 3 LT anyway I see it, but I respect your opinion and the rest of your list is pretty dead on.

I will say I think CJ2k will once again be on people list after this year, but I understand why people do not have him on their list at this point in time
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I don't understand the fascination on Eric Winston, he's an average RT in this league. How many teams would cut "the best RT in football" because he was making 4m a year? Exactly. How come he only had limited interest in FA?
He had 3 visits set up with in 24 hours of being cut, and ended up having like 5 teams show interest.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
ChiFan, this is by far the best list I have seen posted yet. Personally, I feel Michael Roos is at least a top 3 LT anyway I see it, but I respect your opinion and the rest of your list is pretty dead on.

I will say I think CJ2k will once again be on people list after this year, but I understand why people do not have him on their list at this point in time
Gracias.....actually forgot about Roos. Hard to decide between him, Gross and Brown though. CJ2K is fighting Forte for the #6 RB spot right now and obviously could be #1 or 2 by season's end.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont understand the Roethlisberger love personally...To me, Cutler, Stafford, and Rivers aer better.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I dont understand the Roethlisberger love personally...To me, Cutler, Stafford, and Rivers aer better.
I love me some Cutty, but I have no idea how you can prefer him to Roethlisberger. I think Ben's the better QB, and he has the rings to back it up.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ChiFan needs more track record for Rodgers to be #1, but puts Cruz over Jennings.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so let me ask you something.

If the Titans do indeed have the best RT in football, along with a top 3 LT in football along with one of the best Guards in football, then why the hell did they struggle so much as a unit last year?

All I heard and seen was how the unit struggled so much this year, the run blocking wasn't near what it used to be, the pass protection was decent but not unbelievable, yet you want 3 of your OLmen to be in the top 5?

How does that make any sense?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C
Kalil
Mangold
Mack
Pouncey
Wood
Top 3 are all at right about the same level

OG
Evans
Nicks
Mankins
Grubbs
Yanda/Levitre
Again there's seperation between the top 3 and the other exceptional players at guard

OT
Peters
Thomas
Whitworth
Long
Roos
Clady
Brown
Gross

Tackles pretty tough, a healthy and focused Peters is number one over Joe Thomas for me, but after that I wouldn't argue with any of those guys

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever said there are some utter freaks at TE right now was totally right.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Why isn't from on this list? Ridiculous!
I all ready have my Tamba Hali rant typed out for when the D list starts and he doesn't get the love he deserves.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ok, so let me ask you something.

If the Titans do indeed have the best RT in football, along with a top 3 LT in football along with one of the best Guards in football, then why the hell did they struggle so much as a unit last year?
Who said we had the best guard or guards besides you?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It is splitting hairs. It really is that close, that's why I went with Forte being bigger as the tie breaker. I had to break the tie somehow.

Honestly, it's another 5A and 5B scenario.
Raymell. (10 char)
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quarterback
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Eli Manning
5. Philip Rivers (I know Big Ben has won rings, but he has a better team)

Runningback
1. Chris Johnson
2. Ray Rice
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Maurice Jones-Drew
5. Arian Foster (weird that other people have Forte)

Receiver
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Andre Johnson
4. Brandon Marshall
5. Roddy White

There's a lot of depth past the top #3 so you could make arguments for Welker, Jennings, Bowe, Nicks, Stevie Johnson, and Cruz (and maybe more)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote