Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Andy Levitre needs more love at OG but I forgive all of you since hes on the Bills and no one cares.
He has the ultimate praise - only player in the NFL with a Lake Effect Ice Cream flavor in his honor.

He's probably my favorite player in the league, right now. Hopefully gets a decent contract this year.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Not sure if you got it.
I did. I'm okay with all of your other rankings. The Peterson one is iffy.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I'm getting killed for my list. Even neg repped. It's not easy making a top 5 of every position, I miss some here and there, sue me.

I forgot about Levitre, he's definitely top 5. And I guess my RT list is controversial.

As for Shady, he's a beast. I used to think the same thing BF51 thought, that he just took advantage of 6 man fronts bc of the offense he's in, but after watching him this year, I realized he's legit. The guy sees plenty of 8 man fronts, and even in games where VY was in, he still had great numbers.

He's basically Brian Westbrook reincarnated.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people still neg rep? pffft
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

QB

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Eli Manning
5. Philip Rivers

RB

1. MJD
2. Arian Foster
3. Adrian Peterson
4. LeSean McCoy
5. Fred Jackson

FB

1. Vonta Leach
2. Greg Jones
3. Jim Kleinsasser

WR

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Andre Johnson
4. Wes Welker
5. Hakeem Nicks

TE

1. Rob Gronkowski
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Tony Gonzalez
4. Aaron Hernandez
5. Jason Witten

LT

1. Joe Thomas
2. Jason Peters
3. Duane Brown
4. Jake Long
5. Andrew Whitworth

LG

1. Carl Nicks
2. Evan Mathis
3. Andy Levitre
4. Mike Iupati
5. Logan Mankins

C

1. Nick Mangold
2. Chris Myers
3. Jeff Saturday
4. Ryan Kalil
5. Scott Wells

RG

1. Marshall Yanda
2. Josh Sitton
3. Jahri Evans
4. Jake Scott
5. Brian Waters

RT

1. David Stewart
2. Tyson Clabo
3. Eric Winston
4. Bryan Bulaga
5. Tyron Smith

Don't get the Pouncey love at all.
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post

TE

1. Vernon Davis
2. Rob Gronkowski
3. Jimmy Graham
4. Fred Davis
5. Aaron Hernandez

*Again Brady makes Gronk and Hernandez. Brees makes Graham. Alex Smith?...yeah. And Fred Davis was the Skins passing offense last year.
That's a funny joke
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Darren McFadden is not the 3rd best runningback. He's become so overrated after like 1 1/2 good seasons.
He isn't even the best RB in his Div, that would be Jamaal.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning

RB

Adrian Peterson is still the best
Arian Foster
MJD
Ray Rice
Leseasn Mccoy

WR

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitz
Andre Johnson
Sharod White
Colston? Seriously like a 5 way tie for #5

TE

Rob Gronk
Jimmy Graham
Vernon Davis
Jason Witten
Jermichael Finley

LT

Joe Thomas
Jake Long
Tyron Smith....this is going to be real life
Michael Roos
Duane Brown

LG

Carl Nicks
Mike Iupati
Andy Levitre
Ben Grubbs
Evan Mathis

C

Nick Mangold
Alex Mack
Maurkice Pouncey
Scott Wells
Ryan Kalil

RG

Marshall Yanda
Jhari Evans
David Decastro <3333333 (homer projection, not outlandish though lol)
Josh Sitton
Chad Rinehart maybe?

RT

David Stewart
Tyson Clabo
Bryan Bulaga
Doug Free will be much better on the right again
GABE CARIMI (this was a tough list, i just wanted to cap it at white guys...sorry)

i started making a defense one and saw it was only offense...this was harder than i thought
Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks isn't good because the Saints thought it better to pay less money for Grubbs, who also isn't good because his team let him go so they can sign people like Ngata down the line.

Carl Nicks is the best guard in the league, don't overthink it.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even though he had an off year, I feel Chris Snee is still better than some of the farts you guys are putting at 4 and 5 of your right guards
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i always find these threads hilarious. some folks will go to the end of the earth to defend any and every player from their own team.
You're exaggerating. Also anyone who doesn't have Nick Mangold as their #1 center deserves to be castrated.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I did. I'm okay with all of your other rankings. The Peterson one is iffy.
Fair enough, sir.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm entertained by the idea that a 3 year old is somehow posting on these boards and knows how to work for the rep system.

either way, i always find these threads hilarious. some folks will go to the end of the earth to defend any and every player from their own team. well, except that one that they don't like, because they think it makes them more 'objective' or something.
njx is aloof and superior to all, at all times, in all things.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have put Veldheer some where in there at least over the consideration of D.Penn he gave up like 9 sacks last year.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

somebody gonna make a defensive one? Don't worry, I won't argue any Titans Defenders are top 5 at their position lol
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm working on it. I'm debating though how I'm going to make it. Do I do a separate one for the 4-3 and 3-4? Do I somehow mix and match?

It's a little trickier with defense.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Darren McFadden is not the 3rd best runningback. He's become so overrated after like 1 1/2 good seasons. It should say something that the Raiders don't miss a beat when Michael Bush was in.
Yeah they didn't miss a beat until week 12 when Bush highest rushing yards in a game were 78 yards. McFadden when healthy I would consider in the top 5 but hasn't show the ability to stay healthy and that's the problem staying healthy He was leading the league in rushing before getting hurt.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm working on it. I'm debating though how I'm going to make it. Do I do a separate one for the 4-3 and 3-4? Do I somehow mix and match?

I think you've got to do like: best 3-4 DE's, best 4-3 DE's, best 3-4 ILB, best 4-3 MLB etc.

Obviously DB's can be just one list.

I say this because 3-4 OLB's often would be listed because they produce more, even though they're more like 4-3 DE's than OLB.

Reminds me of the pro bowl when Keith Bulluck would get passed over so often for the 3-4 OLB's
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I'd just go "Pass Rushers" (43 DE, 34 OLB), "Interior Linemen" (34 DE, NT, DT) and "Linebacker" (34 ILB, 43 OLB, 43 MLB). Maybe expand it to ten on those since you've clumped a bunch of positions together.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB

1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
2. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
3. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
4. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

I think Peyton Manning's value only improved in my eyes last year. Everyone saw how depleted on talent they were without him. He is literally the only reason why they won 12 to 14 games on a yearly basis. I think Manning, Brady and Rodgers are the top 3 QBs. You can arrange them any way you want based on preference. Rodgers is simply the best QB I've ever seen, and he's been the best player in the NFL since his Super Bowl run. Roethlisberger won a Super Bowl behind an offensive line that simply boggles my mind. He made it to the Super Bowl with the two worst offensive lines that ever made it to a Super Bowl (against Arizona and Green Bay). His style is atypical, but it's effectiveness has two rings to show for it. And that defense seems to play below expectations come playoff time, especially as of late. I'm not a huge fan of Brees and think he's a little bit more "video game numbers" than meaningful wins. I've always been down on Brees a little more than most, and higher on Roethlisberger than most. Still an elite QB, which should go without saying. The next 5 QBs are also pretty impressive (Eli, Stafford, Rivers and easily Newton, if I'm projecting ahead, round out the next bunch).

RB

1. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
2. Arian Foster, Houton Texans
3. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
4. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
5. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks

Adrian Peterson has been the best pure RB talent in the NFL since his rookie season. He's a scoring machine on an absolutely terrible team. He is the entire offense and the only thing defenses have to worry about. His offensive line has also sucked for years, but his production has always been there. Head and shoulders the best RB in the NFL. Foster is a perfect fit behind that offensive line / scheme. He's a dual threat and a contender every year now for most yards from scrimmage. Forte is one of my favorite runners in the game. He is the Bears offense and has been behind a terrible line for years. Better TD numbers would rank him higher, maybe even #2 behind Peterson. Lynch is the wildcard for me. I was higher on him than most when he entered the draft so I may be biased. I think he may have found a home in Seattle. He's never been behind a good offensive line in his career, but he is a beast (even though I can't stand to hear him talk about beast mode, or simply talk in general). If Jammal Charles was healthy, he'd make this list. Not big on Ray Rice or MJD. Never really have been either. Don't really have a good reason for leaving them off. Just like those five RBs listed the most.

FB

I don't care.

WR

1. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
2. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
3. Andre Johnson, Houton Texans
4. Wes Welker, New England Patriots
5. Brandon Marshall, WR, Chicago Bears

I think the Top 4 are pretty obvious. Fitzgerald is #2 because of his postseason success he's had while Calvin is #1 because he's simply the best WR in football, and a disgustingly dominant player. In his first postseason game of his career his goes for 211 yards and 2 TDs on 12 catches. Marshall lands #5 for me despite my history of bashing him. I thought when he was with Denver, him and Cutler were going to be one of the best QB/WR combos in the NFL. That, for whatever reason, was broken apart by the front office. Now that they are back together, I expect Marshall to put up 100 catch numbers and finally add double digit TDs to a single season, which is something that he's been lacking his entire career. I'm expecting a huge season from Marshall. That's the only reason he makes it this high.

TE

1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
2. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
3. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
4. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
5. Jermichael Finely, Green Bay Packers

Davis' postseason success shows what kind of ability he has. Of the TEs listed, he has the worst QB trying to get him the ball. He's a flat out beast that would probably make this a three horse race for best TE in the NFL if he had Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees throwing him the ball. Finely is a match up nightmare. He ranks high on my list for that reason. And I'm not too keen on anyone else that isn't aging or on the downfall of their career.

LT

1. Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns
2. Jake Long, Miami Dolphins
3. Jason Peters, Philadelphia Eagles
4. Duane Brown, Houston Texans
5. Ryan Clady, Denver Broncos

I hate leaving Whitworth off, but Clady was phenomenal last year in pass protection, especially with a QB that held the ball for 10 seconds on most drop backs. Good run blocker too. He's closer to elite than people think. Brown has developed his pass blocking skills, which are now on par with his great run blocking ability. Did he give up a single sack last season? He looks like Peters with his athleticisim and ability in space (at the second and third levels). Jason Peters had the best season of any LT last year, by far, but the injury drops him. Still not enough to completely drop him off my list though. He was that deserving. Roos, Gross, Ferguson and Jared Veldheer are also worth mentioning.

LG

1. Carl Nicks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Logan Mankins, New England Patriots
3. Mike Iupati, San Francisco 49ers
4. Andy Levitre, Buffalo Bills
5. Stefen Wiesnewski, Oakland Raiders

C

1. Nick Mangold, New York Jets
2. Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Ryan Kalil, Carolina Panthers
4. Chris Meyers, Houston Texans
5. Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns / Eric Wood, Buffalo Bills

RG

1. Jahri Evans, New Orleans Saints
2. Chris Kuper, Denver Broncos
3. Chris Snee, New York Giants
4. Marshal Yanda, Baltimore Ravens
5. Harvey Dahl, St Louis Rams

RT

1. Bryan Bulaga, Green Bay Packers
2. David Stewart, Tennessee Titans
3. Tyron Smith, Dallas Cowboys
4. Eric Winston, Kansas City Chiefs
5. Tyson Clabo, Atlanta Falcons
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 05-07-2012 at 05:57 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

that QB, RB and WR rankings made me want to puke blood
Quote:
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Realizing this: Wes Welker, Tyron Smith, Jake Long and Ryan Clady are very overrated.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
... ryan clady is overrated? um. ok.
Where do you rank him?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Realizing this: Wes Welker, Tyron Smith, Jake Long and Ryan Clady are very overrated.
I used to think Welker was overrated too. Then I realized that a slot WR doing what he does has, well, never been done before. He doesn't have to be 6'5'' and 230 pounds to be an elite player. Does Brady make him better than he might be? Maybe, but can you hold that against him? You look at his production since he's been in New England and its pretty impressive. He also forces opposing defenses to play their best CB in the nickel, and if a defense doesn't have a top CB that can do that, then the Patriots exploit it. He is a game changer. Not the best receiving weapon on his team, but damn good one. And he's coming off a career year.

How is Clady overrated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post

How is Clady overrated?
He's "overrated" because he had one of the greatest rookie years in NFL history, and then struggled a bit during the next 2 years with injuries and holding calls. Last year, Clady re-established himself as the Broncos best o-lineman, far and away.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote