Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-11-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams that will conceivably look at first round QBs next year, in no particular order.

Vikings - Ponder looked terrible for most of last year; another bad year and why wouldn't they look for a switch?
Raiders - All it takes is one more injury or a bad season and Palmer is gone.
Bucs - One of the less likely teams on here but I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in competition if Freeman struggles again.
Jaguars - A bad season from Blaine and this is a lock.
Browns - They drafted an old QB to start now; if he doesn't look polished year 1, they could decide to get in some younger competition.
Rams - One more significant injury to Bradford and suddenly he's David Carr.
49ers - The management isn't all-in on Alex Smith, that's as clear as day. They miss the playoffs, he's the fall guy.
Seahawks - Same as above. Flynn's contract isn't that big, they could always move on.
Texans - Another guy that is an injury away from being replaceable.
Titans - Is Locker the guy? If not, why not move on.
Cowboys - Romo questions always abound.
Eagles - Vick lost favor this year. Will he rebound?
Bills - An obvious one.
Jets - Two of the worst starting QBs in the league.. implosion?
Chiefs - Obvious one.
Cardinals - Obvious.

So yes, there is a market. You need to expand your thought process here and realize teams are very willing to spend a 1st round pick on a guy they won't start that year if they think he has the potential of being a step up.

Unless you have an elite QB, you're ALWAYS willing to look at ways to improve it; moreso than any other position.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't think MIN, JAX or TEN would dare spend a 1st on a QB. No way. MIA (Tannehill), DEN (Oseweiler), SF (Kaepernick) won't either. DAL won't because they'll put it off. ARZ gave up too much for Kolb, and none of these prospects are 100% clear cut upgrades over him anyway.

2 years from now, let's say these teams let their rookie QB sit for a year... what's the cap hit on Buffalo if they cut Fitz in 2014? Cap hit on Seattle if they cut Flynn in 2014?

Not sure about OAK. Are they smart enough to move on from the Palmer/Pryor experiments so soon?

KC will probably look at one for sure.
I agree that it is unlikely that Min, Jax and Ten look to draft a QB again next season but it isn't completely out of the question after they have been on the roster for 2 seasons. If any of them win 4 or less games they may well bite.

Miami, I shouldn't have listed, I forgot for a minute that they just took Tannehill. I fully agree that they are not a possibility.

2nd round drafted QB's NEVER inhibit a team from drafting a QB in round 1, they have very little financial $$$'s tied up in them and generally very little belief in their ability to be a franchise QB.

Romo will be 32 I believe next season so Jones might well bite at taking a top QB as his replacement if they miss the playoffs again.

Kolb might not even be Ariz's starting QB next season, it could easily be Shelton, so depending on how either does, they could be in the market.

Buffalo and Seattle are longshots if the cap hit is too high.

I'm kind of thinking that Pryor just might turnout to be a solid NFL starting QB when Palmer steps down, but only the Oakland coaching staff can answer that question.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before the season, from what I read, Mike Glennon was a 2nd-3rd round prospect. I know he had a rough game against the Vols but can this kid be a 1st rounder?

And what are the odds Bray declares early for the April draft?
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Before the season, from what I read, Mike Glennon was a 2nd-3rd round prospect. I know he had a rough game against the Vols but can this kid be a 1st rounder?

And what are the odds Bray declares early for the April draft?
Glennon is maddeningly inconsistent. I am a fan of his but so far I think his stock has dropped. He has a huge arm but struggles with accuracy - he is a streaky thrower. I would say he is a 3rd-5th round QB at this point.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I see EJ Manuel getting some love out there, but I don't like the thought myself.
Buffalo is enamored with him.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Buffalo was enamored with Fitzgerald too. So you do have a case.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As long as they don't waste a first round pick on him they could roll the dice. He does seem to have somewhat of an injury history for being a big bodied QB.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills, Jaguars, Chiefs, Raiders and Cardinals are definitely taking QB's.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where'd you hear this? I suspect it but nothing substantial out there. Just seems like a guy Nix/Gailey would like but if the Bills fall on their face next year Gailey better not be here.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Yep...the Al Davis days are gone and hopefully McKenzie proves to be the real deal.

Starting my Wilson to Oak campaign now. Hopefully Barkley and Bray get all the nuthuggers and Wilson falls to Oak
Wilson would be at home behind that terrible OL.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Where'd you hear this? I suspect it but nothing substantial out there. Just seems like a guy Nix/Gailey would like but if the Bills fall on their face next year Gailey better not be here.
The feedback their scouts have been giving FSU and the number of times they attend FSU practices.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jags are a long shot. Gabbert will have to repeat last season, which does not seem likely. The Raiders are set for a couple of years, so a mid round QB is more likely. The Cardinals are a mystery. Maybe, but its a dice roll. Bills maybe as well. Fitz is OK but no better. It may depend on where they pick. The Chiefs are the only really likely team in this group, at least in the top 40 picks.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait...we're set for a few years? When did this happen?? Did we just get a QB IDK about???

Because surely you can't possibly mean Red Rocket, Noddle Arm, and Pryor.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Browns draft a QB in the 1st round.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I think the Browns draft a QB in the 1st round.
To go along with the one they drafted in the first round in 2012?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
.....yes. When you draft a quarterback that old, its not really worth the time to keeping waiting multiple seasons for a possible development. Weeden will need to show something this year, more games like his first and he is done as a starter.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cleveland is picking top 3 then they take a qb. I said weeden was a questionable pick as a reliable nfl back up. That's how much I didn't like him. I laughed at that pick in round 1. Cleveland still has no idea how to operate as an nfl franchise. I think they've done a nice job on the defensive side of te ball but continue to miss on franchise qbs. Repeatedly.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sure that few quarterbacks have contracts that are good for one more year after this season. Getting a quarterback in the first round as a future investment may be not out of question.

You people have nasty habits about 1st round being full time starter right away. Time to change that attitude.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
If Cleveland is picking top 3 then they take a qb. I said weeden was a questionable pick as a reliable nfl back up. That's how much I didn't like him. I laughed at that pick in round 1. Cleveland still has no idea how to operate as an nfl franchise. I think they've done a nice job on the defensive side of te ball but continue to miss on franchise qbs. Repeatedly.
What gets me is how people can see how big of a failure Weeden is and every other QB has been from the same system yet think Geno Smith will somehow be different.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
I am sure that few quarterbacks have contracts that are good for one more year after this season. Getting a quarterback in the first round as a future investment may be not out of question.

You people have nasty habits about 1st round being full time starter right away. Time to change that attitude.
Don't tell us Sparky. We're not the ones throwing our 1st round rookie QBs into the fire. Go tell the Seahawks, the Jaguars, the Vikings, the Bengals, the Dolphins, the Colts, and the Redskins. Probably forgot a few too.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Yes. He's going to start all 16 games this year if he doesn't get injured. If he continues to play at a similar level he played against the Eagles then there's no doubt the Browns will finish with the #1 overall pick in the draft and will draft a quarterback.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, if Weeden continues to struggle and the Browns end up with a very high pick, they'll likely clean house. The new GM and HC won't have any reason to pretend that Weeden is their guy.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
quoted for future lulz.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Are you gonna go around to every thread and suck on Gabbert's nuts?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-14-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Are you gonna go around to every thread and suck on Gabbert's nuts?
For as well as he played he still choked in OT.