Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
FS
1.Eric Weddle
2.Ed Reed
3. Reggie Nelson
4. Earl Thomas
5. Dashon Goldson
6 Kenny Phillips
7. Jarius Byrd
8. Malcolm Jenkins
9. Thomas Decoud
10. Oshiomogho Atogwe
I think Weddle is probably one of the most overrated guys in the league. And i'm not a fan of Michael Griffin really, but I do know I'd take him over several guys on the list.

I don't really know how you can have Reggie Nelson that high right now. Personally, I think Earl Thomas is probably the best FS in the NFL right now.

Oh, and you forgot Eric Berry on SS.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So, you want him back is what you're saying? Okay, give the Lions Romeo and it will be settled.
We are about to become mortal enemies.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
could a case be made for Dashon Goldson? played out of this world last season on a stacked defense
Old 05-22-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He gets my vote. Dude is a flying monkey out there.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roughly ranked based on recent play:

Defensive End (4-3):

1. Julius Peppers
2. Mario Williams
3. Jason Pierre-Paul
4. Jared Allen
5. Trent Cole

Defensive End (3-4):

1. Justin Smith
2. Calais Campbell
3. Randy Starks
4. Darnell Dockett
5. J.J. Watt

Defensive Tackle:

1. Haloti Ngata
2. Vince Wilfork
3. Ndamukong Suh
4. Richard Seymour
5. Kevin Williams

Outside Linebacker (4-3):

1. Von Miller
2. Jerod Mayo
3. Kamerion Wimbley
4. Daryl Smith
5. Erin Henderson

Outside Linebacker (3-4):

1. DeMarcus Ware
2. Terrell Suggs
3. Aldon Smith
4. Tamba Hali
5. Clay Matthews

Inside Linebacker:

1. Patrick Willis
2. NaVorro Bowman
3. Karlos Dansby
4. London Fletcher
5. Brian Cushing

Cornerback:

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Nnamdi Asomugha
3. Joe Haden
4. Brandon Flowers
5. Champ Bailey

Safety:

1. Ed Reed
2. Troy Polamalu
3. Eric Berry
4. Eric Weddle
5. Kam Chancellor

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 05-22-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Weddle, Troy Polamalu and Kam Chancellor ahead of Earl Thomas is quite the fail.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Eric Weddle, Troy Polamalu and Kam Chancellor ahead of Earl Thomas is quite the fail.
Polamalu is one of the biggest defensive playmakers in the NFL and Eric Weddle creates a ton of turnovers while also providing excellent deep coverage (was not burned for a pass of 30 yards or more all season.) Chancellor is surprisingly good in coverage as well. Thomas certainly ranks among the top ten safeties but I would like to see him make some more plays in the ball; he seemed like a bigger playmaker last year.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Roughly ranked based on recent play:

Defensive End (4-3):

1. Julius Peppers
2. Mario Williams
3. Jason Pierre-Paul
4. Jared Allen
5. Trent Cole
Really??? I mean I may be one of the biggest Jared Allen fanboy's on the forum but if you look at the last 4 years there is no way that either Williams or Peppers is better then Allen. JPP had a great season last year and has tremendous upside but Really? Here is stat lines for the last 4 years. CT= combined Tackles, ST=Solo Tackles, SK=Sacks, PD= Passes Deflected, FF Forced Fumbles, INT=Interceptions and SFT=Saftey

Williams 135 CT, 114 ST, 34.5 SK, 6 PD, 8 FF, 0 INT, 0 SFT
Peppers 184 CT, 152 ST, 43.5 SK, 23 PD, 16 FF 4 INT 0 SFT
Allen 231 CT, 177 ST, 62 SK, 16 PD, 13 FF 4 INT 4 SFT

I have yet to figure out why people will not give Allen the respect he deserves. I know both Peppers and Williams are better as of athletes but really? I mean Jared Allen nearly broke the sack record with a team that had a horrid secondary and an anemic offense that allowed other teams to run all over them. The ONLY argument I can see is JPP could be better this upcoming year then Allen I hate to admit it being an Eagle's fan but He is going to be great.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Thomas is the best FS in the league.

His range is unbelievable.

And Jared Allen is the best DE in the league. No question about it.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If these lists are for top 5 for 2012, I would quite comfortably put PP as a top 5 CB.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Atkins is the best 3 tech in the league. Yeah, I said it.