Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-13-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Jones arm strength is far superior to Barkley's. It's the rest of Landry Jones game that's the problem.
That's really the biggest thing I've been trying to stress is how good Landry Jones arm is. Basically everybody here is writing the guy off when he still has yet to play his senior season. Matt Ryan went from 15 TD's to 10 INT's as a junior to 3rd overall pick as a senior. Landry's arm is at least on level with Ryan.

I see a lot of similarities in there games. Again, Landry struggled at points last year, yes. But the guy flashes big time talent. People want to rip him for struggling a bit after losing his number one wide receiver and the NCAA's all-time leader in receptions mid-season? A quarterback struggling after his top receiver gets hurt is unheard of? Troy Aikman had 7 touchdowns in the first three games of the 1999 season. Michael Irvin got hurt in the fourth game. Aikman throws two touchdowns in the next four games. The last four games of the season, once Aikman has gotten more time under his belt in game situations with the other receivers, Aikman throws 6 touchdowns.

Landry Jones has things to work on. But the guy has a great arm and can make all the throws. To write him off because he struggled after losing his go-to guy for two and half years is a little ridiculous. All the talent is clearly there and he has this whole season to show whether or not he has improved and worked on his game. Again, to write somebody off with the talent level that he has before he has played a snap of his senior season is absolutely ridiculous.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Jones arm strength is far superior to Barkley's. It's the rest of Landry Jones game that's the problem.

If it was just arm strength that made someone an elite prospect, Jones would have been a top 5 pick this past April.
His arm is a pale shadow of Tannehill's, and far short of RG III and even Weeden. It is a solid arm, but it is not that good.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
His arm is a pale shadow of Tannehill's, and far short of RG III and even Weeden. It is a solid arm, but it is not that good.

J
What?
Seriously, I swear people think Landry has a noodle arm I guess.
Landry has some things to work on, but a lot of QB prospects do. Tannehil for instance?
Landry has a lot to like about his game, and just needs to hone it with coaching at the Pro level before taking over the reigns.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously a touted guy being talked about so negatively based on very little...I think his wagon fills up during the season if he stays healthy. Tools are not an issue.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A popular name that seems to get bashed on. Nevertheless, I think he's a 1st round pick for some team.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
What?
Seriously, I swear people think Landry has a noodle arm I guess.
Landry has some things to work on, but a lot of QB prospects do. Tannehil for instance?
Landry has a lot to like about his game, and just needs to hone it with coaching at the Pro level before taking over the reigns.
Reread what I said. Tannehill had the best arm in the last draft class. Landry has a good arm. And yes, there is a lot to like about his game. At this point he has been dumped on so much he may be under rated.

None of above should be interpreted to mean I consider Landry a top 10 pick, but also not a day 3 pick. Some where in the 20 -100 range is close enough for now.

J
Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He goes in the first round IMO, but it'll be behind Barkley, Tyler Wilson and Bray (if he declares).
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to see how he does feeling pressure in the pocket and making decisions under fire this year.
This is my biggest question mark concerning Landry. Gets happy feet way too much for my liking.

Still think he can be a 1st Rounder but I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop to the 2nd-3rd either.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan :\

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm a fan :\
me too (10 char)
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry Jones is available in every draft. He's not special but he's not a bum either. You all remember Ryan Lindley last year? Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Landry Jones. A guy with his skill set is available every year.

On the surface of things you've got a big guy with a strong arm who can make all of the throws; he passes the eye test. But he's athletically limited. Not very good at sliding around the pocket. Needs functional space to step into throws. Struggles when throwing on the move. Can't establish new throwing platforms and doesn't get the ball off at different arm angles. He's squeaky clean off the field and I'm sure he'll interview just fine so he's got that going for him.

If you're running an offense with lots of vertical routes like the Chargers, Cardinals or the Steelers, Landry Jones is a fit as far as skill set is concerned. Teams like that will place a higher premium on Jones because of his arm.

But my big concerns with him are mental. When Broyles got hurt he looked like a fish out of water, he was holding the ball too long, he looked really bad under pressure and his decision making was far worse. Look at his production when Ryan Broyles got hurt: 1114 yards, 6.4 YPA, 59.7%, 1 TD and 6 INTs. Plus there's the Belldozer. He also had some real stinkers in big games last year, he doesn't appear to be real mentally tough.

Coming out of Oklahoma with great production combined with his squeaky all american background and his arm strength would likely get him picked in the second or third round if the draft was held today. I think he's pretty clearly behind Thomas, Bray, Wilson, Glennon, Smith and Manuel at this point.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Comparing Lindley to Landry is really far off base.

J
Old 05-15-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Comparing Lindley to Landry is really far off base.

J
LOL. Or Derek Anderson. Or John Skelton.

Landry Jones was a stud in 2010. I don't know what happened to him last season.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is much further ahead than EJ Manual/Logan Thomas/Mike Glennon/Tyler Bray. He should be the third QB off the board behind Barkley and Wilson.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Jones is much further ahead than EJ Manual/Logan Thomas/Mike Glennon/Tyler Bray. He should be the third QB off the board behind Barkley and Wilson.
I'd put my money on Bray passing him and I wouldn't be surprised if Logan managed to pass him as well.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
He has talent but he will need an excellent senior season to move back up draft boards. He has a real shot to be the 2nd QB chosen just behind Barkley and still in the top 5 but he needs a good final year.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to make a comment on Landry here, I am no way saying he will be a top pick, I do feel he will be a 1st rounder, but I just think he will come in and become a great QB down the line. Get drafted probably mid to late round 1 to a team that will sit him most likely, have him get adjusted and coach him up, and then he can come in and be a really good QB for some team. No, he won't be passing for 35+ TD's or routinely for over 4500+ yards, I'm thinking I guess stats wise more along the lines of Matt Ryan.
Going to be interesting to see how he performs this year though.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Just wanted to make a comment on Landry here, I am no way saying he will be a top pick, I do feel he will be a 1st rounder, but I just think he will come in and become a great QB down the line. Get drafted probably mid to late round 1 to a team that will sit him most likely, have him get adjusted and coach him up, and then he can come in and be a really good QB for some team. No, he won't be passing for 35+ TD's or routinely for over 4500+ yards, I'm thinking I guess stats wise more along the lines of Matt Ryan.
Going to be interesting to see how he performs this year though.
I agree. Especially playing in the spread offense at Oklahoma - that should help him with all spread used in the NFL. He needs to prove he can be a good QB without Broyles - once he was lost Jones performance faltered. He does have the prototypical size and arm strength, has good production but needs to cut down on INTs. Mid first round is the highest he will go.

I was surprised he did not come out last year since the Belldozer is going to take away redzone snaps from him.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem I have with him isn't so much him per se as it is oklahoma. I just feel like they don't adequately prepare you for the NFL. I was watching the Rams vs. Cowyboys game replay and it was painfully obvious he's still stuck in the Oklahoma spread 5 receiver set offense.

The offense doesn't require you to make too many reads.

The reason Andrew Luck is so good isn't because he's faster, stronger or more accurate than every other qb out there. It's because he makes his reads and makes the right throw, regardless of interceptions.

When you're given a play call from the HC or OC, you don't know where you're going to throw the ball. You only have a set list of options. If the throw isn't there, don't throw it. If you're already predetermined where you're going with the ball before it's even snapped, you're gonna have a bad time.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
The problem I have with him isn't so much him per se as it is oklahoma. I just feel like they don't adequately prepare you for the NFL. I was watching the Rams vs. Cowyboys game replay and it was painfully obvious he's still stuck in the Oklahoma spread 5 receiver set offense.

The offense doesn't require you to make too many reads.

The reason Andrew Luck is so good isn't because he's faster, stronger or more accurate than every other qb out there. It's because he makes his reads and makes the right throw, regardless of interceptions.

When you're given a play call from the HC or OC, you don't know where you're going to throw the ball. You only have a set list of options. If the throw isn't there, don't throw it. If you're already predetermined where you're going with the ball before it's even snapped, you're gonna have a bad time.
Or maybe because it's Bradford's 3rd offense in 3 seasons ans he's not yet comfortable in it.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to see how he does feeling pressure in the pocket and making decisions under fire this year.
I think this is the big thing for him. When Florida State took away Broyles on the quick swing passes he was unable to calmly go through his progressions and looked poor. At times he doesn't reset his feet going when he has to go to his second target - then the accuracy suffers. Also, he doesn't always step into his throws - again accuracy is then a problem.

He doesn't have a great deal of talent returning at WR outside of Kenny Stills - his Center has retired and it will be a new LT. Will be very interested to see how he does this year. He's got some tools - but he's not as good as Bradford at this stage of his career and think he's 2/3 years away from starting in the NFL. Of course I didn't think Weeden or Tannehill were rookie starters and they've both been handed starting gigs on a plate!!
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is a UDFA on my board. I've seen him enough to know he's not going to be a good NFL quarterback and that's all I need to know. Total waste of time to have him on your roster
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

meh I like him. He has the size/arm strength that coaches want at the position.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
I think this is the big thing for him. When Florida State took away Broyles on the quick swing passes he was unable to calmly go through his progressions and looked poor. At times he doesn't reset his feet going when he has to go to his second target - then the accuracy suffers. Also, he doesn't always step into his throws - again accuracy is then a problem.
That's basically how most Oklahoma QBs are.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the haters hate him too much, and the lovers love him too much. My personal take on Jones is a resounding "meh".

Shouldn't be a top pick, but he could do just fine if he lands in a good situation. He should certainly be in the round 1-2 range.

I mean, I like Landry Jones a lot more than I liked Osweiler, and Osweiler went in the second round.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote