Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-16-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Twins, I want either Buxton or Zunino. I go back and forth on them, but generally have been preferring Zunino. He might not have any elite tools, but he should have no problem with staying behind the plate and can hit for power and average. Whereas Buxton may have huge upside, but he also has a lot of risk involved and I've read several reports that are very concerned about his power potential. On top of that, Zunino can be rushed to the majors in an organization that lacks MLB ready prospects on a terrible team, and he fills a huge organizational need at C where Mauer won't be able to stick at C for much longer.

I'd be perfectly fine with either though, I just don't want any of the top pitchers at 2. I'm not a fan of Appel, for the stuff that he has, there is no way hitters should be squaring him up as often and as well as they do, especially when you factor in the lesser bats that they're using in college now over the last two years. I like Zimmer the most out of the three top pitching prospects, but in most drafts he's more of a top 10-15 pick rather than a top 5 pick. Gausman is another guy very similar to Zimmer, he's a fine prospect, but not a top 5 talent in most drafts, but with as weak as this draft is, someone has to go that high. I still like him more than Appel, though.

Personally, I'd like to see the Twins go with either Buxton or Zunino at 2, and then with their compensatory and 2nd round picks, load up on high upside pitchers, break from the mold of the advanced college pitchers as that hasn't been working, and none of the pitchers they have look to be more than a 3 at best, and really only Gibson, if he can come back from Tommy John, looks to be that.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zunino scares me as well. Reminds me of Tony Sanchez another great early Pirates pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Zunino scares me as well. Reminds me of Tony Sanchez another great early Pirates pick.
To be fair with Tony, he's struggled with the injury bug a lot. He's shown great defensive tools, but the bat hasn't come around since his injury.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yuck at Marrero. Have fun with him.
He was going into the season as a top 5 pick, but has been very unimpressive with the bat. I still like his future hitting tools to be a solid guy with great defense.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been terribly disappointed in the recent Rangers drafts. Not confident about what they'll do this year. I would say picking at the bottom of the round is a reason, but even then, the Rangers have been picking players commonly ranked outside of the Top 100 in the 1st round. I hope that ends.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Who do you want for our pick? Curious to see if our names match.
Quote:
Out of players that might bethere? Fried, Hawkins, Eflin, maybe Gallo, and then Heaney is the only college guy I like as of now. I'm a little late on the draft this year so I just started to really get into the players but as of now that's probably my list. Who were you thinking of?
I have a feeling Sandy's first pick will be a college guy.

It's unlikely that they'll spend the first 2 picks on HS players again this year, and Sandy might prefer to take the top rated College guy available and then wait for the HS guys that drop later.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I've been terribly disappointed in the recent Rangers drafts. Not confident about what they'll do this year. I would say picking at the bottom of the round is a reason, but even then, the Rangers have been picking players commonly ranked outside of the Top 100 in the 1st round. I hope that ends.
Plus MLB screwed you guys out of Purke.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keith Law has his 1st Mock of the year out.

Has Astros taking Mark Appel

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I want Albert Almora at number 8.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Appel #1 in new Law mock.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-01-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Law has us taking Max Fried in his latest mock. Sign me up now!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-01-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Law has us taking Max Fried in his latest mock. Sign me up now!
Yes please. I have a feeling it will be Dahl though.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Bowden sez his sources tell him Appel is going #1. Leaves Buxton, Correa, Gausman, or possibly Zunino at #2.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will/should go Buxton.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're going with Appel. I'm going to work on a mock tomorrow before the Draft

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
They're going with Appel. I'm going to work on a mock tomorrow before the Draft
yay

anyone rumored to AZ?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
yay

anyone rumored to AZ?
I've seen several hitters names mentioned there: Addison Russell(SS, Florida HS), Stephen Piscotty(3B, Stanford), Victor Roache(OF, Georgia Southern), and Tanner Rahier(SS, California HS) are some of the names I've seen mentioned as possibilities there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Jim Bowden sez his sources tell him Appel is going #1. Leaves Buxton, Correa, Gausman, or possibly Zunino at #2.
I definitely see Appel going 1, and then the Twins going Buxton at 2, although with all of the reports I've read lately I'd like to see them take Correa, but would rather see Buxton over any of the top pitchers there, but if they did take a pitcher, I still like Zimmer more than Appel or Gausman. Unless someone else takes him before the Twins can, it seems like a lock that if he's there at either 32 or 42 the Twins will take Rochester(Minn.) RHP Mitchell Brown.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Buxton. We need a stud, I'm sick of this safe ****.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a good site out there to that has a large list of prospects and their projected draft positions? I'd like to see if anybody from my university is likely to be drafted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is it beginning ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
When is it beginning ?
7 PM Eastern Tonight is the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I want Buxton. We need a stud, I'm sick of this safe ****.
Twitter is telling me that he's #1 on our draft board, so I think you're going to get your wish.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Uggh I'm so pissed I have to work until 8 tonight. I'm going to miss a lot of good stuff on the drive back home.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Please Zunino drop to the Pirates. Please, please, please.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Is there a good site out there to that has a large list of prospects and their projected draft positions? I'd like to see if anybody from my university is likely to be drafted.
This is the best one I've seen: http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft-preview/ You can search by school or state or position or player name.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: