Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trahan, Brinson, or Piscotty for the DBacks is what I saw on Twitter.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time I hear that guys name I think William Stryker from X-Men lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rangers coming up! Expecting a surprise.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Booooooo Brewers.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to whoever @JPerrotto is

"It would appear Mr. Appel may not be happy. ... He declined to do a conference call with Pittsburgh media."
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Appel is a douche. I don't like him already.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Rangers coming up! Expecting a surprise.
I'd expect a high schooler, either a bat or arm, heard Brinson was a possibility, maybe Hensley or Elfin...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
According to whoever @JPerrotto is

"It would appear Mr. Appel may not be happy. ... He declined to do a conference call with Pittsburgh media."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Appel is a douche. I don't like him already.

I guess he also didn't show up for the Super Regional conference either. He's probably just a little shocked that he fell 1 to 8. But he is not off to a good start.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Appel just issued a statement:

"I’m currently concentrating on winning a national championship and finishing my academic endeavors at Stanford. I will address the possibility of a professional career in due time."
Old 06-04-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brinson has a looooong swing but all the tools in the world. Boom or bust for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I'd expect a high schooler, either a bat or arm, heard Brinson was a possibility, maybe Hensley or Elfin...
Yup, got a good athlete in Brinson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Appel just issued a statement:

"Iím currently concentrating on winning a national championship and finishing my academic endeavors at Stanford. I will address the possibility of a professional career in due time."
Just a douchey comment. I would not be surprised if he didn't sign and went back to Stanford for his Senior season now, unless he gets offered as much as the top 2 picks, which would basically be all of the Pirates budget.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Wow you called it! TOOOOOOLZZZZZZ!!! Happy with this pick!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yeah, at this point, I expect him to go back and the Pirates to get the 9th pick next year. 5 more weeks, though.

Edit: Well, Josh Bell did say he was going to Texas at this time. We'll see. The statement had Boras written all over it.

Last edited by Hines : 06-04-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. For once the Mariners didn't make a weird pick that no one understands. Hopefully we can get rid of Olivo's fat ass this year.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Really good pick from the Yanks there unfortunately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Yeah, at this point, I expect him to go back and the Pirates to get the 9th pick next year. 5 more weeks, though.
Who knows though, maybe after he has some time to think everything over, and take it all in, he'll calm down and sign a bit of an overslot deal(slot is $2.9 mil), maybe something around $4 mil.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Really good pick from the Yanks there unfortunately.
Definitely. I thought he could go as high as 18 to the Dodgers.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If he turned down $6 million from the Astros I don't think he'll settle for $4 million but we'll see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-04-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit, Trahan and Coulter go back-to-back. Really wanted a talented Catcher prospect.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
If he turned down $6 million from the Astros I don't think he'll settle for $4 million but we'll see.
Yea, I doubt it as well, but who knows, maybe he'll realize it was his own fault and that he just takes what he can get and then make his money on a major league contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Damnit, Trahan and Coulter go back-to-back. Really wanted a talented Catcher prospect.
It's questionable if either can stay behind the plate long term. Both have enough bat to play a corner outfield spot though if they can't.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

underwhelming first round round for the red sox... pretty disappointed

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping KC would've drafted Appel....Now I am thrilled we did'nt
Old 06-04-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
underwhelming first round round for the red sox... pretty disappointed
Yea, I thought that they, as a team with several early picks, would take a questionable sign with one and then a safer sign so they can transfer the safe sign money over.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we done for the day? Or is the supplemental round today also?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Joey Gallo.