Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-07-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just as a side note, the sweet potato fries at BK are awesome. They're the best reason to go to BK.

I think they're a "limited time only" item, so get some while they're available.

Last edited by WCH : 07-07-2012 at 12:04 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Just as a side note, the sweet potato fries at BK are awesome. They're the best reason to go to BK.

I think they're a "limited time only" item, so get some while they're available.

On the topic of fries, be sure to get them if you ever do go to Five Guys. You get a shitton of them, and they're awesome.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorites: Five Guys, Chipotle, KFC's Hot Wings
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Five Guys is very good. I would not put it in the Fast Food category because that often implies low quality food which it isn't. Beef is fresh, fries are plentiful and awesome, and all the toppings like different cheeses, jalapenos, whatever, are free. I've never had In 'n Out or Whataburger but I have heard it compared favorably to those.

pro tip: for 2 to maybe 4 people just order one regular fry. The serving is gigantic. Like they fill up a paper bag with fries. It's impossible to go there solo and get a reasonable portion of fries.
I can attest to this...I am a big dude to put it lightly, and I couldn't eat the large fry even with the rest of my family there. Its a gigantic order of fries. I love Five Guys.

Also, someone mentioned Steak N Shake, LOVE that place, forgot about it cuz I only lived near one when I lived in Florida...
Old 07-08-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any Braum's fans? I no longer live in Oklahoma, but I miss the Edmond Braum's.

So people actually eat Taco Bell beef items? I always had Taco John's, and I would try steak gorditas, but I tried the tacos and my mouth just rejected them instantly. Worst taco I've had. Then I heard about all the filler, soy, etc.

Cookout looks amazing. Now I really want pulled pork and hush puppies with a shake for like $5.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cabo Fresh gives me a hard on.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe_101 View Post
Are there any Braum's fans? I no longer live in Oklahoma, but I miss the Edmond Braum's.

So people actually eat Taco Bell beef items? I always had Taco John's, and I would try steak gorditas, but I tried the tacos and my mouth just rejected them instantly. Worst taco I've had. Then I heard about all the filler, soy, etc.

Cookout looks amazing. Now I really want pulled pork and hush puppies with a shake for like $5.
I wouldn't advise pulled pork from a fast food place. Their shakes are amazing. Their burgers aren't in-n-out or 5guys quality, but they're good enough (and better than the large chains). If you're ever in NC, shoot me a PM and I'll get you to some real BBQ places (vinegar based sauce). If you really want BBQ from a fast food place, I'd go with Smithfield's Chicken 'n' Bar-B-Q. http://scnbnc.com/menu.php

Also, a local dig in Raleigh deserves mention. Chargrill burgers and shakes are awesome. I like Cookout's shake variety, but Chargrill nails the classics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I really don't like Five Guys, like, at all. It's just so damn greasy. I felt like my left ventricular was going to seize up at any moment. The fries I had were a little too salty, the burger a little too sloppy, and the grease-induced colonic not worth the 6 trips to the crapper.

I've been once and haven't been back since.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Smashburger just opened up down the road from me. I went there for the first time today. It's pretty darn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Five Guys for the first time yesterday. It was a great fast food burger. Mine wasn't too greasy and it wasn't too dry. It tasted like fresh ground beef, and the cheese was much better than what you typically find on a fast food cheeseburger. They have a great selection of free toppings, but I didn't take advantage of it because it was my first time and there was no line. I panicked a bit when he asked me what I wanted on it, so I just said "Tomato, Lettuce, and Mayo."

The pricing was a bit, erm...much (at least for this area). It was a very solid burger, but at $6.19 for a cheeseburger and $6.99 for a bacon cheeseburger, I could have found better quality at a pub. I'll go there again, but I'll make better use of their topping selection just so that I don't feel like I just paid $7 for a fast food cheeseburger.

It's great if you're in a hurry, but if you have time to go grab a pub burger, I'd go that route 100% of the time.

Last edited by WCH : 07-23-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I had Five Guys for the first time yesterday. It was a great fast food burger. Mine wasn't too greasy and it wasn't too dry. It tasted like fresh ground beef, and the cheese was much better than what you typically find on a fast food cheeseburger. They have a great selection of free toppings, but I didn't take advantage of it because it was my first time and there was no line. I panicked a bit when he asked me what I wanted on it, so I just said "Tomato, Lettuce, and Mayo."

The pricing was a bit, erm...much (at least for this area). It was a very solid burger, but at $6.19 for a cheeseburger and $6.99 for a bacon cheeseburger, I could have found better quality at a pub. I'll go there again, but I'll make better use of their topping selection just so that I don't feel like I just paid $7 for a fast food cheeseburger.
For me, a little cheesburger is enough and it's a couple of bucks cheaper. With how many fries you get, there is no need to get a double cheeseburger.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 07-23-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's great if you're in a hurry, but if you have time to go grab a pub burger, I'd go that route 100% of the time.
Mayo.

MAYO.

MAYO.

You are a heathen. A HEATHEN SAYS I. MAYO DOES NOT BELONG ON A BURGER.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mayo most definitely belongs on a burger.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
For me, a little cheesburger is enough and it's a couple of bucks cheaper. With how many fries you get, there is no need to get a double cheeseburger.
That's what I'll do next time. The price wasn't that outrageous. It's still got more bang-for-your-buck than Wendy's. I mean, a Baconator combo is about the same price as a Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger, and not nearly as good. But it's more than I like to spend on a fast food burger, personally. I think that a little burger should plenty, given the portion size and quality of the food (the tomatoes actually have some size to them, for example).

And vidae, Mayo definitely belongs on a burger! It's awesome, and you know it!

Last edited by WCH : 07-23-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you dine in and you decide to go the "combo" route, (+fries, drink), it does get pricey. Too pricey for a fast food joint, but i wouldn't necessarily consider it that either. It's fast casual, but even then $11-13/person is a lot.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't consider Five Guys fast food. It is, but I don't think of it as being within the same grouping as McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc. Its a tier above.

Also, its never been $11-13 a person there for me. An order of fries can easily be split by two people. It comes out to about $7-8 a person for me.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 07-23-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

What if you just go on your own? (5.99+2.99+1.99)*1.0825 = $11.87
Old 07-23-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Mayo.

MAYO.

MAYO.

Next you'll be saying ketchup doesn't belong on a hotdog...
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Mayo.

MAYO.

MAYO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I always use ketchup on my hotdogs.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayo is amazing on burgers.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Ketchup belongs nowhere near a hotdog. The only acceptable toppings on a hotdog are mustard and relish, if you're feeling frisky.

And MAYO ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT BELONG ON A BURGER.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayo is good on burgers. Ketchup belongs nowhere near a hot dog.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

The only time you should put anything other than mustard on a hot dog is if it's chili and cheese.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The only time you should put anything other than mustard on a hot dog is if it's chili and cheese.
Kraut and Relish are both acceptable.