Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's really more Joe Flacco than anything else. The bottom line is if you want to be a SB team, you need a stud qb. Look at the past 12 years. Literally 10 out of those 12 years the SB winning qb was a stud.

Flacco isn't that guy. And he might not ever be that guy.

As awful as Pees is, the Ravens defense is great no matter who calls the plays. The defense won't be as good, but will still be fine. But offensively, it really depends on Flacco. Time to step up. I know Cameron is not the best, but he needs to make plays. The talent is there. Flacco has to step it up.
Well the last two years, the Ravens exit from the playoffs shouldn't fall on his shoulders more than anyone else. Remember in the Steelers game two years ago? The one were Ray Rice fumbled in the third quarter and then in the 4th quarter Houshmandzadeh and Boldin dropped a few crucial passes.

This past season Lee Evans had a chance to win the game but dropped a ball that seemed like he should have caught. Then there was the Cundiff miss. Flacco shouldn't be held accountable for that kind of thing. He's not Peyton Manning and he's not going to put up Aaron Rodgers numbers, but if Flacco were to retire tomorrow I personally wouldn't say that he was the guy that held Baltimore back these last four years in their quest to get to a Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Who does the AFC have that has a legit shot at getting into the elite tier in the next two years? Brady, Ben and Manning if he's recovered. It's really kind of mind boggling.
Houston. Assuming Schaub is healthy. Maybe the Chargers bounce back also.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 06-01-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:17 AM    (permalink
rodgers 4 mvp
Rookie

rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kansas City can make a run for the super bowl, if they stay healthy. They have a good defence and alot of weapons on offence.
rodgers 4 mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City is a decent choice. Their defense was playing great at the end of last year, they have good receivers (if Charles can return to form a good running back), but they go as far as Cassel takes them.
I don't think Denver is there yet, especially in their secondary and D-Line.
I also think Houston could have won the whole thing last year if Schaub didn't get hurt. If the defense plays as well as it did last year, they can go far.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for Chiefs fans because the D (even without Carr) is still very good, and they have a ton of offensive weapons, but have Matt Cassel. I just can't see Cassel as a guy who can make a playoff run.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
I feel bad for Chiefs fans because the D (even without Carr) is still very good, and they have a ton of offensive weapons, but have Matt Cassel. I just can't see Cassel as a guy who can make a playoff run.

When you say "the D (even without Carr) is still very good: I think you sell them short. Routt is not as good as Carr, but he is not a chump. The real story in the secondary is Eric Berry and Kendrick Lewis, both coming off injuries. Those two could make waves this season. The front 7 is stacked two deep except one ILB. Justin Houston had a fine rookie year and he could develop into a monster. Issues at NT have been addressed. This is Romeo Crennel's second season, and anything less than top 10 will be a big disappointment. They could take a run at Baltimore, Houston and Pittsburgh for the best in the AFC.

On offense, attention is focused on Cassel, but I think the real story will be the OL. If they integrate two (or three) new starters smoothly, everything should work. Peyton Hillis and Jamaal Charles will be as good as any pair in the league. Cassel can play the play action game very well, with a ton of weapons. Baldwin and Bowe are a very good pair of WR, with Moeaki at TE, while JC, Hillis and Dexter McCluster are all outstanding out of the backfield.

The schedule is a bear. The first five weeks:
Week 1: (pick) vs. Atlanta
Week 2: (+2.5) at Buffalo
Week 3: (+7) at New Orleans
Week 4: (+1) vs. San Diego
Week 5: (+3) vs. Baltimore

However, they could win 8 of the remaining 11.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:40 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man if KC puts it together and gets a QB, they are gonna rape the AFC for a long time. So much talent on the team and the oldest starter is 30 (only 3 starters are 30).

Broncos still can't stop the run and their OL is very suspect, Chargers aren't what they used to be, Ravens have a shot because their running game and defense is top notch and Flacco is good enough to at least give them a shot at the SB, Texans could be good but I don't think they're ready yet, Bengals aren't ready either.

I like the Pats and Steelers. Pats defense will be improved along with their weapons. Steelers OL should be much better and getting Todd Haley will pay dividends. As a Chiefs fan I know he sucks as a coach, but the guy knows offense. He will make the WR's even better.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love KC's team and I love the fans here, but I can't buy them as super bowl contenders with Cassel. Honestly, look at the most recent super bowl champs:
giants
packers
saints
steelers
giants
colts
steelers
patriots
patriots

Notice a trend? Elite QB's. All of them. I just don't buy them as legit contenders with Cassel. It's not even like they've got a good or great QB ala Rivers or Schaub. It's Matt Cassel.

The rest of the team is great, but when you get to the playoffs, the QB needs to be able to step it up and lead and make the big plays, and I just don't believe Cassel is that guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I love KC's team and I love the fans here, but I can't buy them as super bowl contenders with Cassel. Honestly, look at the most recent super bowl champs:
giants
packers
saints
steelers
giants
colts
steelers
patriots
patriots

Notice a trend? Elite QB's. All of them. I just don't buy them as legit contenders with Cassel. It's not even like they've got a good or great QB ala Rivers or Schaub. It's Matt Cassel.

The rest of the team is great, but when you get to the playoffs, the QB needs to be able to step it up and lead and make the big plays, and I just don't believe Cassel is that guy
That's not even a recent trend, or a product of the pass-first era. Except for a few years in the 80s and the Trent Dilfer fluke, it's holds true going back at least as far as the 60's. Even during the run-oriented 70's: elite quarterbacks. All of them.

Last edited by WCH : 06-03-2012 at 09:12 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
That's not even a recent trend, or a product of the pass-first era. Except for a few years in the 80s and the Trent Dilfer fluke, it's holds true going back at least as far as the 60's. Even during the run-oriented 70's: elite quarterbacks. All of them.
Also, how many of the teams had good coaching and good defenses? Elite Qbs is one element of it, but there are others such as good defense or at worst opportunistic defenses that cause turnovers, and then their respective offenses make you pay. Also, good coaching is very important element too.

Coughlin, Payton, GB's coach, Tomlin, Cowher ( Dick L. DC) , Dungy, and a HOF in Bill B.

Those are some great HCs right there. Yeah elite QBs are a must, but there are other highly valued components there too.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The "problem" with the Chiefs is they're talented enough to win games, even with average QB's like Cassel (but they'll likely never go deep in the playoffs with him either). They also play in a weak division. So even with Cassel they can go 7-9 or 8-8, which is usually top 11-16 range. That's just outside of range for the top QB's (and we saw what WAS paid to STL for RG3). So they're going to have to take a chance on 2nd tier QB prospects and coach them up, while likely missing on top QB prospects in the immediate near future.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC is going to be running the same plan that the 2006 Bears and 2011 49ers ran....very good defense and running game to hide the game manager at QB.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
KC is going to be running the same plan that the 2006 Bears and 2011 49ers ran....very good defense and running game to hide the game manager at QB.
yet neither of those teams won the super bowl and I don't think KC's D is quite up to the levels of those 2 teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC is gonna have to suck it up and trade the farm to move up in the 1st round and draft a qb this year. They can't continue looking for bargain qbs. They rarely work. Can't waste this upcoming roster with a mediocre qb at the helm.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
KC is gonna have to suck it up and trade the farm to move up in the 1st round and draft a qb this year. They can't continue looking for bargain qbs. They rarely work. Can't waste this upcoming roster with a mediocre qb at the helm.
Believe me when I say KC is emphasizing this daily. We did this **** in the 90's and have ever since. It's time to freaking draft a highly touted QB!!!

The staff is very high on Stanzi though, for what that's worth.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
You need a complete team though. Good quarterbacks just seem a little more difficult to find than putting together the rest of the roster.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City Chiefs...ALL MISSOURI SUPER BOWL BITCHES!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going to say the Bengals. They have talent literally everywhere on that roster. Not sure how the RB situation will play out but they made steps last year. If Dalton can take the next step in his development and Zimmer does what I think he will with that defense, they may be on the verge of something. Honorable mention goes to the Texans.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 06-29-2012 at 06:49 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I hear about Manning looking good throwing the ball, the more on board I get with the Broncos. Granted, you don't want to listen too much to these OTA reports but just the fact that he's throwing it is enough to up the Broncos stock for me.

That defense is legit and surely a top 10, 15 at the worst unit in the NFL.

The running game will be effective. The question is mainly how good the offensive weapons will be for Manning, to which I'd say they're somewhat mediocre but not bad. And if Manning is even 80% of his old self, he'll make them all better.

They got embarrassed by the Pats in the playoffs but they also beat the Steelers with Tebow at QB. I'm starting to put them in the top 4 contenders in the AFC.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm telling you man the Broncos are going to be legit. Give Peyton a defense that is somewhat good and he will do great things.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote