Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** about the books, go else where

it's actually quite surprising that you could even read them since you can't read "(TV Only)"

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If that was what happened I'd be fine with it. But what usually happens ********.
This is true. I think Broth has said some stuff that was fine. Maybe vidae as well. But yea, the majority of it sucks/belongs in the other thread.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So is theon being tortured by the Greyjoys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Just wait until the show reveals it. It certainly seems that way but I hope no one answers that.
I think they said who it was in one of the episodes briefly but I'm not sure so I won't say.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I think they said who it was in one of the episodes briefly but I'm not sure so I won't say.
When they first showed the torture scene, I wasn't sure if they revealed who they were (and I had forgotten) so I looked back on some episode summaries from season 2 and I didn't find anything. Could be wrong though. Either way, I'm betting the identity of these people will become clearer in the next episode or two.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's really not that hard...
Who are you?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They never explained exactly what happened at winterfell. But I think it was Roose Bolton's bastard son that had them surrounded.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
They never explained exactly what happened at winterfell. But I think it was Roose Bolton's bastard son that had them surrounded.
Thats what I assumed as well, with no knowledge of books beyond the first. I see no way the Iron Islanders could have burned it given that they were getting the **** out and there were like 5 dudes. I don't even think we need Occam's razor to wittle down to the most obvious solution. There really is only one. If it turns out to be something else, then the show did a bad job. Let's be honest, when does Game of Thrones do a bad job?
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah my running theory is that Roose Bolton's bastard is up to no good. They sent back word to Robb saying that by the time they got there, the city was burned, everyone was massacred and there was no sign of Theon and his men. But we know that the city was surrounded before all that and that Theon was captured. The way Theon is tied up and being tortured on a giant X resembles the flayed man sigil of House Bolton, so I think Roose's bastard has him and lied about it.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah they were surrounded by the Bastard of Bolton and the ironmen knocked Theon out so it seems like that is the only choice.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I read the books and I think they do a fantastic job with the show. Some stuff gets left out but that's going to happen with any adaptation.

*shrug*
I agree.

And my apologies about the spoiler post.

Last edited by TimD : 04-10-2013 at 09:35 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If something hasn't specifically been said in the show, just don't ******* say it here. Don't "speculate" if you've read the books, and don't let something out of the bag if someone guessed it.

It really isn't that hard. Just shut up.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, I shouldn't have responded to his question with a post in this thread. I won't post anything like that in this thread again.

Last edited by TimD : 04-10-2013 at 11:09 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't talking about you specifically, I didn't even see what you said, I was just talking in general. Didn't want you to think I was attacking you or anythin. :)

I've read the books too, but I'd be pissed if I hadn't and someone spoiled somethin. This show is fantastic and stuff being spoiled is poo town.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Sorry for stirring up some controversy here about book readers. I agree that nothing should be spoiled so its just easiest if nothing at all is shared from the books in order to protect that.

I've only read the first book so my speculation on whats currently happening in the show is as good as anyone else in this thread. I literally have no clue as to what is coming next.

I love this show so its great to have people to discuss it with.

Also who were the Bolton people (bastard/Roose)? I know I should have rewatched the series before this season started, but I never got around to it.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-10-2013 at 02:14 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Sorry for stirring up some controversy here about book readers. I agree that nothing should be spoiled so its just easiest if nothing at all is shared from the books in order to protect that.

I've only read the first book so my speculation on whats currently happening in the show is as good as anyone else in this thread. I literally have no clue as to what is coming next.

I love this show so its great to have people to discuss it with.

Also who were the Bolton people (bastard/Roose)? I know I should have rewatched the series before this season started, but I never got around to it.
The dude who got Robb to send his bastard to retake winterfell when they got word of what Theon had done. Also I think he's the guy who wanted to flay those dudes that Robb stopped.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The dude who got Robb to send his bastard to retake winterfell when they got word of what Theon had done. Also I think he's the guy who wanted to flay those dudes that Robb stopped.
Ahh gotcha I do vaguely remember that scene. So they are one of the Northern clans that join in with Robb's cause. I want to see Robb and Theon come face to face.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
So from this season in the episode where they arrive at Harrenhal (the ruins where all the guys are dead), there's 2 older guys with Rob. The bald one is Roose Bolton, who is the same guy that asked Rob to let his bastard go reclaim Winterfell from Theon.

The bearded/big guy that is complaining about how Cat is still free is Rickard Karstark, who is mad that Cat freed Jaime after Jaime killed his sons in battle.

The Bolton's sigil is the "flayed man" or the big red X, who I think we just saw last episode.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So from this season in the episode where they arrive at Harrenhal (the ruins where all the guys are dead), there's 2 older guys with Rob. The bald one is Roose Bolton, who is the same guy that asked Rob to let his bastard go reclaim Winterfell from Theon.

The bearded/big guy that is complaining about how Cat is still free is Rickard Karstark, who is mad that Cat freed Jaime after Jaime killed his sons in battle.

The Bolton's sigil is the "flayed man" or the big red X, who I think we just saw last episode.
Cool that makes a lot of sense now, thanks for the clarification. And yea we did see the red X flags in the last episode with Robb's army. I was wondering who those belonged to.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

The guys that the Jaimie and Brienne ran into on the bridge were carrying those banners also.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great to see the Hound reappear. I was afraid that character was lost.

Last edited by MaxV : 04-11-2013 at 02:28 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me the "N" for nudity tonight, dammit.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hold on to your butts.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how but it continues to be the fastest tv show ever
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HBO and a handful of other channels randomly stopped working today. Called Verizon, on the phone for about 45 minutes, couldn't figure it out so I have a technician coming tomorrow to fix it. They clearly don't understand the urgency that Winter is coming and I need my ******* TV right NOW. Can't even setup the damn DVR. So mad I'm missing this right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Ouch....poor Jaime.

This show needs to be on every night for 2 hours....