Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so... is anyone done with the show? i know a lot of people had a hard time caring about the books after this. curious if there's a difference.
Heck no. Don't get attached.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well shiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeet...

When I heard Rains of Castamere, I knew **** was going down. Goddamn. Not much else to add at this point.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad I didn't see the title of this episode before watching it. That would have been a huge spoiler.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm glad I didn't see the title of this episode before watching it. That would have been a huge spoiler.
what was it?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so... is anyone done with the show? i know a lot of people had a hard time caring about the books after this. curious if there's a difference.
Wtf? This was the game of thronesiest moment of the season. Seeing the Starks naivety continually **** them over is one of the best parts of the show. Now I had this spoiled to me earlier today, at least enough for me to figure out what was gunna go down, but once it was spoiled I wasn't shocked at all, as it just made too much sense.

Anyway I loved Bran this episode, him sending his little brother away while he goes and becomes professor X is the type of cynical and clever decision that only Arya makes in that family. Speaking of, can Arya now go and learn from that faceless man how to be the ultimately killer? Or does she need to go on a murdering spree with the hound first?

Loved Khaleesi's boys kicking ass, wonder how long that lasts before Jorah kills the new guy, which I was pretty sure he did when she asked about him and Jorah was just quiet.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It does seem to be raining **** on Arya Stark.

Her with The Hound should be fun for a little while longer. She just keeps getting darker.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I love/hate thinking about all the decisions Robb made that put them in that situation.
You mean almost all of them?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
what was it?
Rains of Castamere
Old 06-02-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You mean almost all of them?
Yep. That's how things happen when you Robb.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It does seem to be raining **** on Arya Stark.

Her with The Hound should be fun for a little while longer. She just keeps getting darker.
Well the Lady Melisandra did say she saw her taking the life out of the eyes of many boys. And she has that coin from the facelessman that I'm assuming will be what makes her deadly enough to make Melisandra's visions true.

The only characters who survive their naivety are those who go through horrible things until they learn better, like the Khaleesi, like Arya, like Bran, or they just stay completely useless and oblivious like Sansa and just get lucky.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yep. That's how things happen when you Robb.
Well Robb was just Starking it up. The only ones who aren't total Starks are Arya and Bran and both of those two have been separated from their parents at very young ages and seen other horrifying and traumatizing things.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
if i remember right, it was a lot of "every single character i start to care about dies as soon as i start to care about them. **** this book/series/author."

that said, i think the tv show has done a really good job... improving some of the other characters. for instance, i remember liking tyrion, but not nearly as much as i like him as peter dinklage.
lol well **** those assholes. If you're enough of a bookfag to read that many pages and you haven't picked up on that trend, you're an idiot and deserve to be disappointed and angered.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is that Arya better kill everyone.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Starks get screwed over every time it looks like they're about to pull something off. I definitely did not see that coming until the doors closed and Rains of Castermere started playing. That was crazy...I love this show so so much. Arya is gonna **** **** up now.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

So who dies next, Sansa or Jon?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Thrones. If you don't go into every episode/chapter expecting all of your favorite characters to die, you're as naive as the Starks. That's one of the things I love about it, not many shows/books/etc have the balls to continually kill off popular characters when it makes sense to do so. And in the case of Thrones, all it does it lead to them being replaced by even more quality characters. No problem with this in the slightest. It was ep 9, I expected a massacre of some sort.

Last edited by comahan : 06-02-2013 at 11:02 PM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Jon is the likable one, so obviously him. And it will upset me so much more than anything else to this point. I suppose my Jon/Davos/Hodor triumvirate was a longshot from the start.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Btw Bran's friends better not open up one of those castles for the white walkers or Mance to walk right through. That would be some Sam level stupidity.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Jon is the likable one, so obviously him. And it will upset me so much more than anything else to this point. I suppose my Jon/Davos/Hodor triumvirate was a longshot from the start.
Dude I love Davos. He's been awesome this year, and that moment where he figures out how to read that sentence might be my favorite shot of the year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if i remember right, it was a lot of "every single character i start to care about dies as soon as i start to care about them. **** this book/series/author."

that said, i think the tv show has done a really good job... improving some of the other characters. for instance, i remember liking tyrion, but not nearly as much as i like him as peter dinklage.
Who the hell had Robb Stark as their favorite character?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Ygritte. Jon deserves to have his pretty little **** cut off for running off from her.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Robb, he was by no means my favorite, probably top 10. Hated his mom. His wife was hot but other than that I didn't care. This just opens the door for Arya to turn completely dark from here on out which is awesome.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well goddamn. That happened
Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That may be my favorite episode of the show. The last shot was haunting.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that's the penultimate episode of the season, how will they finish it?