Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The last of us looked completely awesome. It looked like one of the few games that looked "new".
Yep, really wish I had a PS3 right now.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Naughty Dog...

Old 06-04-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for the Sony Wonderbook

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Star Wars 1313 is obviously a next-gen title, with the only platform it's announced for being PC. I'm not really into the game so much, it looks a bit like a re-skinned Uncharted...but it's kind of cool to see what level of graphical fidelity we'll be seeing at E3 next year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last Of Us
God Of War
Assassin's Creed 3
Beyond

Do want.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Last Of Us
God Of War
Assassin's Creed 3
Beyond
Watch Dogs
Halo 4

Do want.
Fixed for accuracy.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I haven't played a soccer game sine this gem but I think I'm getting FIFA 13

Yeaaa boy. Still got this game and it still works great. Could play now if ya want

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Fixed for accuracy.
add DMC and RE6 and that's my list too

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed the Beyond trailer early, it does look pretty impressive.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
So Star Wars 1313 is obviously a next-gen title, with the only platform it's announced for being PC. I'm not really into the game so much, it looks a bit like a re-skinned Uncharted...but it's kind of cool to see what level of graphical fidelity we'll be seeing at E3 next year.
Has there been a video for this game?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Star Wars would make Battlefront 3...

:(
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we're on the subject, I wish Rare started making god damn games again. I believe they did Kameo and Banjo: Nuts & Bolts but Microsoft is completely wasting their potential.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Fixed for accuracy.
Forgot about Watch Dog. That looks like a must-play. Add RE6 to that again. Zombieezzzzz
Don't care for Halo. (PS3)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Has there been a video for this game?
Game Trailers did an exclusive. It's broken up into a few parts on their website.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

PS3 exclusives keep racking up. Makes me question which console I will go with come next fall. Should be an exciting decision to make, I always love to feeling of fresh next-gen consoles.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think Sony emphasizes the games more at this point. That much is for certain. I really loved the 360 for multiplats, but it's been some time since it's had any kind of fresh exclusive title. Microsoft has transitioned it's energy completely into Kinect titles, which clearly isn't for most of us. I actually don't mind the effort they put into an overall entertainment platform; those features work great and really add value to the package. I just wish it didn't come at the expense of what I buy consoles for.

It will be really interesting to see if the business model they're going with is sustainable. Just like with the Wii(although it seems that Nintendo is basically just always going to do well at this point), it will be awfully hard to convince the type of customer who bought the Xbox for the Kinect/entertainment features that they need the next thing right away. Especially with the relative short life of the push they've got from expanding their demographic.

But yeah, moving forward, I'm hoping for more news from the show floor. It's picked up a bit, but it just feels like a really stale year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Yeaaa boy. Still got this game and it still works great. Could play now if ya want
I'd bicycle kick your ass all over the field!
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Gears of war trailer come up yet?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, in an ideal world I would buy both next-gen Sony/Microsoft consoles on or near release but obviously money doesn't allow that. Part of me wants to roll with the next-gen Xbox because as a college student I don't necessarily always have access to the entertainment things I want and the 360 provides a lot of that.

A lot of it depends on the pricing, too. I outright refused to pay $600 for a PS3. That was the most idiotic thing I'd ever seen in my life. If they plan on doing that again they can go **** themselves.

I really want both consoles, though. They both have their perks, downsides, and great exclusive content. The only thing I've never been a huge fan of with the PS3 is the controller. I do not like it at all for any type of shooter.

I miss MLB The Show though. :(
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Sony's press conf had alot of cool things as I wasnt expecting anything ground breaking. I knew the Last of Us was gonna be a homerun so it was good to see more of that. I signed up for PS3 plus and that looks like it will be a smart move. The big thing was seeing Beyond for me.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to stay Sony come new gen, I went through about 3-4 xboxs because of hardware and their shitastic mistakes. My ps3? Only had one problem and they fixed it for free without any hesitation. I called them they sent me a box the next day I sent it in and the following day they sent me a replacement one so I didn't have to wait.

Plus I grew tired of Xbox's exclusives, Halo, gears, and I don't know what else wasn't all that fun to me.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

It's impossible to say until I see the hardware at this point but it will be close for me. Sony's exclusives are definitely interesting. I've owned all three Playstations so far, but as of now I'd consider myself an XBox guy.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Meh, in an ideal world I would buy both next-gen Sony/Microsoft consoles on or near release but obviously money doesn't allow that. Part of me wants to roll with the next-gen Xbox because as a college student I don't necessarily always have access to the entertainment things I want and the 360 provides a lot of that.

A lot of it depends on the pricing, too. I outright refused to pay $600 for a PS3. That was the most idiotic thing I'd ever seen in my life. If they plan on doing that again they can go **** themselves.

I really want both consoles, though. They both have their perks, downsides, and great exclusive content. The only thing I've never been a huge fan of with the PS3 is the controller. I do not like it at all for any type of shooter.

I miss MLB The Show though. :(
I'll likely end up buying both as well. My preference would be to look to the Xbox first since that's where my comfort level is at(quite literally, with the controller, I agree on that front wholeheartedly)...but yeah, it all depends on pricing and hardware specifications. As well as the interface. I just never grew to like Sony's XMB.

I just hope Microsoft finds a way to start putting out core games again. They're pretty even in terms of downloadable titles(although PSN is starting to take a slight lead. Journey was an absolutely monumental title) and that stuff is going to be so important in going into the future(Like it or not. I'm not sure I do). But as far as retail games go, there's really not much there for me on the Xbox in terms of exclusives. I still enjoy Gears and Halo, but I feel like those titles have already shown me everything they have to show, although Halo 4 looked like it could be a bit of a fresher take(I just wish they had distanced themselves even further from the previous games in terms of characters/factions, ect) on the franchise. These titles come only come every few years as well, while Sony consistently puts out games worth playing that you can't play anywhere else. Exclusives really don't make much sense as a business model anymore. Why should a commercial product push away a large portion of it's potential market? I get that. Still though, it looks bad for Microsoft when Sony has a stable of developers under it's wing putting out quality core titles.

Anywho, turning the page a bit. I'm interested to see the Wii U. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we still don't have anything concrete on the hardware specs, right? If it's just going to be a portbox as some have speculated, I'm really not interested. Especially if they plan on continuing to just put out the same type of games. I really like the some of the Nintendo franchises(Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 were fantastic), but maybe it's time for something new? A new IP would be really interesting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-05-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is The Last of Us not a zombie game?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So is The Last of Us not a zombie game?
I'm pretty sure that the setup involves zombie-like things...but they've went out of their way to say the game isn't about Zombies.

Thank god too. I'm so sick of zombies.

R.I.P. Junior Seau