Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-18-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Advice needed. I'm doing all 3 movies starting at 6:30. What time should my boy and I get there to get a good seat?
2 hours early, at the minimum. 6:30 though? Sure it's not 6?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
2 hours early, at the minimum. 6:30 though? Sure it's not 6?

This is the email I got.

Quote:
Thank you for your purchase. Your purchase from Grand 16 - Lafayette has been confirmed and is available
for pick up at the theater box office. Please be sure to bring the card ending in 6787 that was used to purchase your tickets.
Please remember these tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.

Confirmation Number: 540486787
Movie:     THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY (2012)
ShowDate:  7/19/2012
Showtime:  6:30 PM

Tickets:
1 - Marathon ($20.00)  

SURCHARGE: $ 1.00
TOTAL:     $21.00
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess it is. Just seems awkward to have it at 6:30 instead of 6, but ah well. Only 24 hours until it begins though, I'm watching Inception (since I don't have Mask of the Phantasm and I watched Under the Red Hood last week) to celebrate.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-18-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guess it is. Just seems awkward to have it at 6:30 instead of 6, but ah well. Only 24 hours until it begins though, I'm watching Inception (since I don't have Mask of the Phantasm and I watched Under the Red Hood last week) to celebrate.
I have Mystery of the Batwoman, Batman and Mr Freeze, Batman vs Dracula and the 1966 movie to watch.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I have Mystery of the Batwoman, Batman and Mr Freeze, Batman vs Dracula and the 1966 movie to watch.
Batman and Mr Freeze I like, the other three do nothing for me. Especially the '66 movie, I ******* hate campy Batman.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-18-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so you guys really think you need to be 2 hours early for a midnight showing? I was planning on getting there like an hour early. keep in mind, I'll be in Deleware, but it's a pretty popular theater. I went to see Ted on the first friday night and it was almost full - should I get there earlier than I think
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Batman and Mr Freeze I like, the other three do nothing for me. Especially the '66 movie, I ******* hate campy Batman.
The '66 Batman is awesome. I have seen it at least 500 times and it never get's old. I'm going to watch it tonight in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
I have a soft spot for it. Everytime I'd sleep at my paw paws I'd watch it.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
so you guys really think you need to be 2 hours early for a midnight showing? I was planning on getting there like an hour early. keep in mind, I'll be in Deleware, but it's a pretty popular theater. I went to see Ted on the first friday night and it was almost full - should I get there earlier than I think
A normal midnight showing no. This? **** yeah.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A normal midnight showing no. This? **** yeah.
I guess I'd rather be bored for 2 hours than sit through this masterpiece with my neck at some ******** angle
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Hell I showed up like 90 minutes early to a ******* Watchmen showing and barely got good seats. This is a whole new level here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-18-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going two and a half hours early just to be safe.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
First and foremost, I cannot decide at the moment if The Dark Knight Rises is a 'better film' than Spider-Man 3, Batman Forever, and/or X-Men: The Last Stand. The fact that I have to outright state as much should tell you what a comparative disappointment this film is.
http://scottalanmendelson.blogspot.c...-is-least.html (don't read this, just pointing out where it came from)

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-18-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is he trolling or what?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
So is he trolling or what?
How I feel about all these reviews

Old 07-18-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Advice needed. I'm doing all 3 movies starting at 6:30. What time should my boy and I get there to get a good seat?
3:30pm. Bring your smartphone. And food. That's what I'm doing.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Why are you people doing this? It is too early you assholes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-18-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Why are you people doing this? It is too early you assholes.
Because the realization of the end is setting in. Like when Return of the King was coming out all my friends could talk about was The Hobbit movie.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

There are just striking similarities from the source material that are included in this film adaption it seems. Notably Knightfall and The Dark Knight Returns.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
UTRH was more violent. ROTJ was a darker film if that makes sense.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
UTRH was more violent. ROTJ was a darker film if that makes sense.
I think UTRH is a lot darker, honestly. Jason Todd is murdered by The Joker but gets revived by Ra's al Ghul, turns into a dark vigilante that cashes in on gangs and murders people who oppose him, and tries to get Batman to murder The Joker. It's pretty damn dark.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-18-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Both are dark and unsettling stories. The degrees to me, are trivial.

Quote: