Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure Bruce really died in the house fire in Batman Begins. The likelihood of Alfred knocking that guy out and saving him then? Forget the cafe, the last 2.2 movies have been in his head.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bruce died with his parents, and Alfred has spent the past couple of decades hiding out in a room in Wayne Manor, surrounded by jars of urine. Nothing ever happened, it was all just the fantasies of a mad man.

Top that one.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any of it's real. I don't think any of us are real. We are all figments of one another's imagination. But we don't exist.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Psychol.../dp/1118167651

definitely going to read this soon. Took some pysch classes in school and loved 'em and obviously I love batman. Got great reviews too. Anyone else here heard of it or maybe even read it?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just want to say I watched Burtons first batman last night. Nicholson's joker I feel is pretty under rated. Yeah its a little too much Nicholson but it still is a pretty damn good interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Psychol.../dp/1118167651

definitely going to read this soon. Took some pysch classes in school and loved 'em and obviously I love batman. Got great reviews too. Anyone else here heard of it or maybe even read it?
I don't think I've heard of that. Looks interesting though. One day I want to read this:

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Couch.../dp/0826415407

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just downloaded this and I'm excited. It's the first on screen adaptation of Batman ever!

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way he would have lived. That was the most boring Batman movie until it picked up and just imploded. Batman Begins was so much better and I'm tired of people justifying the surrealism with "but it's Batman!". Batman can escape a six mile blast radius in five seconds? Yeah, ok. He should have just killed Wayne, it would have been a more noble ending and it would have created a smoother transition to Nightwing or whatever the hell they're doing.

And yes, I'm mad bro.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
There's no way he would have lived. That was the most boring Batman movie until it picked up and just imploded. Batman Begins was so much better and I'm tired of people justifying the surrealism with "but it's Batman!". Batman can escape a six mile blast radius in five seconds? Yeah, ok. He should have just killed Wayne, it would have been a more noble ending and it would have created a smoother transition to Nightwing or whatever the hell they're doing.

And yes, I'm mad bro.
Shut up Boy Wonder.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:02 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're just a fanboy blinded by your longing for a triumphant conclusion. Think about it; what was honestly good about the movie? It wasn't that action packed, the story was entirely unrealistic, and all characters other than Bane, Robin, and Catwoman really weren't allowed room to thrive. The two movies prior contained all of those things and I loved them. This one, bleh.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 08-18-2012, 04:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're just a fanboy blinded by your longing for a triumphant conclusion. Think about it; what was honestly good about the movie? It wasn't that action packed, the story was entirely unrealistic, and all characters other than Bane, Robin, and Catwoman really weren't allowed room to thrive. The two movies prior contained all of those things and I loved them. This one, bleh.
I'm not as harsh on it as you, but I do agree that it is being over-rated because it's Batman.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:43 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Let me say it's ok to have expected a lot, I feel like people are afraid to admit it was the worst of the three.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tend to agree with the notion that it was the worst of the three, but thats like saying it was the worst Beatle, which is still pretty awesome.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Beatles as a whole sucked.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn you people this is golf, not a rock concert, go back to your shanties.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let me say it's ok to have expected a lot, I feel like people are afraid to admit it was the worst of the three.
It was easily the worst of the three. You can also tell that a good amount was cut from the film which I believe ultimately hurt it. I bet Warner Bros. intervened a good amount to reduce the length.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-It brought everything from the first two movies together
-Bale did his best work of the trilogy
-I was always entertained and the story kept me in throughout
-It had a fuckload of action sequences, "it wasn't that action packed" sounds like you want Transformers, which seems right
-It was realistic in the world they had created
-It ended everything I wanted from a Batman trilogy

I didn't like it as much as the second one, but it's on par with Begins and I still love all three on the whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
How can you be so wrong?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Haha I did not want Transformers considering those are the worst box office hits of the decade. I'm saying that the sequences were pointless because no one ever dies in this movie. Think about it, every good guy, with the exception of Alfred, at some period of time should have died and didn't. Now I'm not advising killing off all of your characters. I am however saying that at least have them cheat death in a manner that is logical.

Seriously, how the hell did Gordon not get killed in the hospital?

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha I did not want Transformers considering those are the worst box office hits of the decade. I'm saying that the sequences were pointless because no one ever dies in this movie. Think about it, every good guy, with the exception of Alfred, at some period of time should have died and didn't. Now I'm not advising killing off all of your characters. I am however saying that at least have them cheat death in a manner that is logical.

Don't listen to Brody. That'll get you nowhere.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

Nobody "cheated" death, exactly. Selina had a knack for always getting away from danger and was never in immediate danger after the whole Daggett ordeal. Gordon just anticipated the thugs and got a drop on them, but was able to avoid the people otherwise. Plus, he HAD to survive to transition the city, given that Dent/Mayor/Batman (presumably) were all dead and they were just coming off the city being taken hostage for 5 months. He was basically the sole leader of the city at that point. Alfred had to stay alive for the parallel at the end. Bruce didn't HAVE to stay alive, but it made sense given that his entire point throughout the trilogy was to eradicate Gotham of its biggest threats, and he could live happily ever after.

Focusing on that last point, with the mob gone because of falsified actions and his ability to find what he believes could be a successor, it makes perfect sense. So again, that really only leaves Morgan Freeman. Should he have died? Eh, maybe he could have when they held him at gun point. But, he was also the only thing resembling a head for the biggest company that Gotham had left. I'm not terribly distraught, considering they killed off the entire Mafia/League of Shadows/Rachel/Dent, and Bruce ultimately succeeded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Don't listen to Brody. That'll get you nowhere.
Shut the **** up Caddy, your opinions are so ******* awful that no one even bothers to listen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
is this a joke post or are you just being a caddy?
Old 08-18-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Shut the **** up Caddy, your opinions are so ******* awful that no one even bothers to listen.
My opinions are just as valid as anyones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
is this a joke post or are you just being a caddy?
Even I wouldn't say something so horrible. Vidae is a bad person.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized there wasn't much blood shed in any of these movies. I wonder if it was given an R rating how bad it could have gotten?
Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could have gotten much darker if they had blood. The movies had plenty of violence still. There is just so much more money to be made at PG-13 compared to R. It might be an adult movie but they toy lines are big money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I just realized there wasn't much blood shed in any of these movies. I wonder if it was given an R rating how bad it could have gotten?
That's what I liked about it. These films still were quite dark without the use of blood.

Quote: