Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I always though batman was the most overrated superhero, next to spiderman
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Overrated in what sense?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Old 06-25-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the cartoon batman was definitely the best voice actor.

btw who else was blown away when they found out terry mcginnis (batman beyond) is the same voice and eric matthews?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't agree but I can definitely see that side of the argument. I mean the richest guy in town also some how is some bad ass super hero? cmon give us a little realism here.

same can be said for Iron man. I mean not only is he ridiculously wealthy and good looking but he's also a genius scientist? ok.

btw, i never really cared for superman. some heroes are strong, some are fast, some have projectiles they shoot... well look at this guy, he just so happens to have them all and is stronger than any strong superhero, faster than any fast superhero. oh and get this, he's invincible -_-

his only weakness is a greek meteroite rock? how many regular meteor rocks do we come in contact with every day? -_-
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

btw who else was blown away when they found out terry mcginnis (batman beyond) is the same voice and eric matthews?
Almost as much as when I found out Luke Skywalker was the Joker

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Greenwood also plays a good voice for Batman. The best other than Kevin Conroy I've heard.

Quote:
Old 06-25-2012, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I don't agree but I can definitely see that side of the argument. I mean the richest guy in town also some how is some bad ass super hero? cmon give us a little realism here.

same can be said for Iron man. I mean not only is he ridiculously wealthy and good looking but he's also a genius scientist? ok.

btw, i never really cared for superman. some heroes are strong, some are fast, some have projectiles they shoot... well look at this guy, he just so happens to have them all and is stronger than any strong superhero, faster than any fast superhero. oh and get this, he's invincible -_-

his only weakness is a greek meteroite rock? how many regular meteor rocks do we come in contact with every day? -_-
Well you have to look at it in context. It isn't necessarily Bruce's money that makes him an interesting character. You could argue that some of the circumstances the help him in his quest to become a superhero are contrived. Honestly I see it as a equitable trade. Batman doesn't have any superhuman or cosmic powers, so that factor is made up for in terms of his wealth. But that isn't why folks find Batman intriguing. It's his drive for the most part, and being made into a character that doesn't have to resort to having superpowers in the classic sense to save the world. He's more relatable because he is actually a regular human being using deductive skills and reasoning to solve his problems in a methodical fashion (which is exaggerated of course in some aspects, but not to the point of inventing things out of thin air like say, Reed Richards). And for all the money he has, he can't bring back his parents and never could. But what he can do is make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. His cause is actually noble.

As for Superman, his powers have been scaled way down since the Crisis on Infinite Earths incident. Thank goodness. Regardless, I never thought he was to the point of being Invincible. Kryptonite pretty much nulls him, at this point a lot of folks know about it. It's just a matter of being able to obtain it. Even so, Superman is also vulnerable to magic. A lot of the media that he is portrayed in now and days doesn't depict him as God-like in the sense. Doomsday killed him. Wonder Woman can kick his ass a good amount, and Darkseid is never an easy task and that fight usually ends up in a draw. And the Flash is a lot faster he is. All incarnations of the Flash. Now that I think of it, every main member of the JLA would probably give him trouble. Superman is probably the strongest in terms of physical strength on Earth, but Earth in the DCU is nothing.

Honestly the best stories of Superman are the ones where he doesn't have to duke it out with some other big monstrosity, and use his head. Writing stories for him are probably difficult in that sense because he has his powers which help him out in a lot of scenarios, but at the same time there are a few out there that paint Superman in a different light other than just being "the guy that can do anything". The animated series of the 90's makes good use of this. Superman rarely beats his opponent by physically pounding them to a pulp or uses his powers in a direct manner. He usually has to resort to other means or use his powers to help him with an alternative solution. Stopping a falling plane is even a struggle for him.

I think the issue folks have with Superman, without even realizing it, isn't necessarily his powers, but it's his persona. For years he has been seen as making the right decisions and having a good sense of morality. This is good and bad. It is something that is aspiring to look up to, but at the same time it might not make for great storytelling. He doesn't have a flaw in his character like say, Bruce Banner, who is arguably stronger and more "invincible" than Superman, yet I never hear folks complaining that The Hulk is too strong. The closest thing for a flaw for Superman is that he isn't from this planet and is trying to fit in on a world that may not want to accept him as one of their own. No matter how hard he tries he'll always be seen as someone different because of his powers.

Silver Age Superman was absurd though.

As for Iron Man, I haven't read too much about him so I can't say. Tony Stark, like most Marvel superheroes, has problems of his own too. He is rich because of his intellect, but at the same time he becomes an alcoholic which causes problems in his life. Not to mention he also has the arc reactor issue in his chest caused by his experience after getting kidnapped. He becomes proactive after learning that the weapons his company is making aren't necessarily doing keeping the status quo like he believed. So with his money and resources, he uses that to clean up his own mess.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-25-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I had no idea this was the case until I played the Batman Beyond Mafia game. I was looking up the show and I couldn't believe it. But I was watching some episodes the other day and now that I saw that, I can definitely tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post

Although judging by your penchant for 9gag images, I'm sure it's lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post

Well seeing as how 9gag steals from reddit by that theory it's more likely to be funny than lame. Asshole.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If you knew anything about DBZ you wouldn't need the words

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fusion dance is for pansies.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

He's the hero Gotham needs.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
AMC Theaters has announced that the Dark Knight Rises has sold over 100,000 advance tickets through them already. The chain announced via press release that their marathon showing of Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and then the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises has sold over 23,000 advance tickets, which includes over 11,000 tickets for IMAX. The chain said that it is on pace to beat the 30,000 tickets sold to to The Ultimate Marvel Marathon in May and that over 100,000 advance tickets for The Dark Knight Rises have been sold with three weeks still to go.

AMC is adding additional showtimes for both the Trilogy and the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises on July 20th.
Source: http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/244633/

"When the box office is ashes... you have my permission to die." - Christopher Nolan to James Cameraon

Quote:
Old 06-29-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Well seeing as how 9gag steals from reddit by that theory it's more likely to be funny than lame. Asshole.
>reddit
>funny

Quote:
Old 06-30-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
>reddit
>funny

Dude I just derped so hard.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early word is that the movie is really, really good.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Staring at my tickets makes me sooooo damn happy!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Early word is that the movie is really, really good.
no wai tenchar
Old 07-06-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
no wai tenchar
I WAS JUST STATING A FACT, MEXICAN. I am tired of your attitude.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I bought the $20 deal for all 3 movies.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

The AMC deal sold out already. Whoops.

EDIT: Went to the theaters directly. I have my tickets. Can't wait for July 19th.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-06-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I WAS JUST STATING A FACT, MEXICAN. I am tired of your attitude.

Also, forget going to the midnight premier. I'm thinking first showing on Friday.