Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-10-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And helping you all out is what GOT me nominated. Had I sat back and said nothing, I wouldn't be near death right now.

I said I could investigate and was sharing legit results. That made people call me out and want me dead. Sorry, no more help.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Why should I? What do I get out of it? Fighting the tougher in competitor in Cigaro? Screw that.
I would be fine giving you TBW if you were forthcoming with the investigation. Now, however, it's clear that we can't trust what you would give us anyway.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I would be fine giving you TBW if you were forthcoming with the investigation. Now, however, it's clear that we can't trust what you would give us anyway.
Why not? You guys are gonna win anyway, why should I lie?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Obviously I haven't investigated him, but I think Rufus has a chance at being factioned, just judging by the fact that today he surely wants me in the arena, despite the fact that Shane has voted to fight TBW, and TBW has voted to fight Shane;
I said that on what day 2? When we knew next to nothing. I'm looking at it this way we can get rid strong person in you or shane. I have no problem sending tbw in there either, but like I said, he's an unknown to me
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually don't want TBW to fight ever. He is far too anxious to do so. I'm afraid he could be a trigger.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually don't want TBW to fight ever. He is far too anxious to do so. I'm afraid he could be a trigger.
And how do you expect him to die?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
And how do you expect him to die?
Well, he can fight later on. It is smarter keeping him in limbo for now.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, he can fight later on. It is smarter keeping him in limbo for now.
Your desire to keep a known factioned player alive for as long as possible because of some remote chance that that mans entering the arena may trigger something is quite odd to me. Beware this man, he may be sincere, or he may simply desire to keep someone alive who will receive much of the attention given towards night killing...

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-10-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been swamped with summer classes and having car troubles. I've been keeping up through my phone now since I had to go out and buy one yesterday after mine broke.

What I've gotten so far out of reading back was Cigaro, killswitch are strong fighters. ATL seems attached to Cigaro and it's odd that he wasn't killed after the string of deaths after they fight.

I don't see why Shane was sent in when he was an investigator when that is very useful for us..

TBW seems to be pretty confident in his powers and is eager to test it out.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, TBW really does want to fight and I'm not sure why. I feel like the safer approach is go with Cigaro.

Vote: Cigaro #5
Old 06-10-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Your desire to keep a known factioned player alive for as long as possible because of some remote chance that that mans entering the arena may trigger something is quite odd to me. Beware this man, he may be sincere, or he may simply desire to keep someone alive who will receive much of the attention given towards night killing...
We know of plenty of factioned players. I honestly don't care which one of them dies. I only thought it strange that he has been pushing to fight for some reason.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bantx, you might have missed a few things...
Old 06-10-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VOTE: Cigaro #5

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

Cigaro (9): ATL, Vidae, Todd, Rufus, Caddy, Gonzo, SBH, Forenci, SP
TBW (5): Shane, Gonzo, Cigaro, TBW, Bulldogs
ATL (1): Elvis

With 20 alive, 11 are needed for majority.

----------------------------------------
Number Votes:

One (2): Shane, Gonzo
Two (5): sbh, Todd, Cigaro, Elvis, Bulldogs
Three (2): Vidae, Caddy
Four (2): TBW, Rufus
Five (4): ATL, Gonzo, Forenci, SP
Old 06-10-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have Gonzo voting for both TBW BB

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unvote: atl

vote: cigaro

and queue snicho for the death vote . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Unvote: TBW
Vote: Cigaro #5

I will meet him in the arena.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I clearly have the power to vote for multiple people...
Old 06-10-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

Cigaro (11): ATL, Vidae, Todd, Rufus, Caddy, Gonzo, SBH, Forenci, SP, FE, Cigaro
TBW (4): Shane, Cigaro, TBW, Bulldogs

With 20 alive, 11 are needed for majority.

----------------------------------------
Number Votes:

One (2): Shane, Gonzo
Two (5): sbh, Todd, Cigaro, Elvis, Bulldogs
Three (2): Vidae, Caddy
Four (2): TBW, Rufus
Five (4): ATL, Gonzo, Forenci, SP
Old 06-10-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Hopefully the Imperator does not allow TBW to escape battle again.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-10-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

After the vote was completed, the competitors were led out of the arena. Cheers of excitement came from the crowd as they saw animals being loaded into five different gates. Wolves, Leopards, Lions, Tigers and Bears...all have been starved and beaten for days now to increase their ferocity.

Today was the day of the animal battles. Instead of the competitors battling one another, they would fight the animals.

The first competitor to enter the arena pick was the Imperator's pick: Shanus Maximus.

The gate number votes were counted, and #2 had the most. The animal handlers opened up gate #2 and a gigantic, angry brown bear from eastern mountainous provinces came charging out.

The bear growled and drooled as it swung its massive paws at Shane, rending his shield in multiple places. Shane stabbed at the bear as best he could, but struggled to penetrate the bear's thick fur and muscular frame.

The bear rose onto it's back legs and continued swinging at Shane with it's powerful forelimbs. Shane waited until it swung and then charged it, knocking the beast off balance with a bash from his shield.

As the beast fell backwards, it let out a load roar. Shane used the opportunity to drive his blade into the roof of the bear's mouth and into it's brain, killing it instantly.

Shane defeats the bear!

Final Score:

Shane - 395
Bear - 200

Next into the arena would Cigarus...to be continued...
Old 06-10-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

The people's pick, Cigarus was up next. He looks worn from his previous battle as well as his weapons and armor being tarnished.

Another bear was set free from gate #2 to attack him. Cigaro opted to use his speed and mobility to dodge the bear rather than take it in a straight up fight.

He would wait for the bear to charge him, dodge, and then get a few glancing blows in on the beast's undefended sides.

This worked for a time, but finally, the bear caught one of Cigaro's legs and took him down. Cigaro drew a knife from his boot and drove it into the bear's shoulders and chest as he was pinned down, but he could not get the beast off him him.

The bear tore at his face and finally clamped down his neck, tearing Cigaro's wind pipe from his throat. The bear made a grand feast of Cigaro's remains before the handlers could usher it back into its cage.

The bear defeats Cigaro!

Final Score:

Bear: 200
Cigaro: 123

Cigarus the Flayer - Attila - Hunnic Cavalry Leader - Has been Killed.

Send in your night 5 actions asap to both myself and Cain.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

First, I hate to have to do this, but after careful consideration between myself and Cain, we are going to end this game prematurely due to unforeseen imbalance.

It spiraled out of control rather quickly and I see that some of you pointed it out. We were really taken by surprise by exactly how things went with a slave being named Imperator right away.

We basically expected the factions to take turns running the show while the slaves just attempted to survive until Spartacus rallied them. But ATL being named Imperator and basically pitting faction against faction almost every day blew us away.

Continuing this game would have just been a long slow death for the factions, and us bailing them out wouldn't have been fair. (We discussed some different options, but they all would have offended us as players, so we decided against it.)

Instead, we're going to take what we learned here and implement it in a new game. It will have the same spirit as this game but we've changed the theme of it to the Elder Scrolls universe. Some other changes have been implemented to make it more balanced in our opinion. Anyone who was playing in this one that would like to sign up for that one is more than welcome.

Again, we apologize for having to kill this one in this fashion, but there was basically no hope for the factions.

I don't want to give away the secret battle formula yet, because I plan to use a tweaked version in the Elder Scrolls game we're doing, but I will share the actions sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xZXZlOHBqR 0E
Old 06-11-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are the signups for the new game.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...50#post3029950
Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like the right call. Even if the factions rallied at this point and banded together to oust ATL, the power struggle for Imperator would have been unbalanced and made it 100% clear what each player's alignment was.

Awesome idea, kudos for putting something different on the table.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote