Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Well I don't know about all that but Denarius Moore is going to beast all over the NFL next year.
No, no he won't.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:05 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DHB missed 1 game, and Hue Jackson completely ignored him in two others. He could have had 1300 yards last year.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randall Cobb is going to explode on offense, in my opinion. Not sure how much of a sleeper he is but I think he emerges as the #3 reciever behind Jennings and Nelson.

As for defense, I like Sam Acho to record double digit sacks for Arizona.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I few suprises that I have:

- Carolina will make the playoffs... not as a wild card either. I believe in a division that will beat itself up, in addition to playing the equally matched NFC East. I cannot see an NFC South team getting above 10-6. The Panthers improved their defense, which was a bottom ten defense in almost every aspect, with Kuechly and Alexander in the draft and also the return of Beason and Thomas Davis. Also they added Mike Tolbert. His presence in addition to Newton, Williams, and Stewart will most definitely allow the Panthers to lead the league in rushing, and control games through the clock. I can see a 10-6 season with this team.

- Darren McFadden (if he stays relatively healthy) will lead the NFL in rushing and get over 2,000 yards from scrimmage. I see 1,500 Rushing Yards and over 500 Receiving Yards.

- I really believe that the New York Giants will not make the playoffs this year. I see that division being tough from top to bottom again, with Philadelphia winning and Dallas coming in second. Philadelphia went 5-1 in the division last year, and 5/8 losses came by a touchdown or less.

- And just for the sake of it, I will list my Playoff predictions... This will include my thinking of minor injuries and some good players missing time, but obviously no one can predict an injury that cripples a team's chance...

NFC:
1) San Francisco
2) Philadelphia
3) Green Bay
4) Carolina
5) Chicago
6) Detroit

(I really do believe that three NFC North teams will make the playoffs, they drew the NFC West and the AFC South as the divisions they must play. These two divisions will provide two hard matchups in the 49ers and the Texans. And the Vikings will probably give each of these teams two wins. Whoever wins the Week 16 game with the Falcons will probably be the winner of the last playoff spot.)

AFC:
1) Denver
2) New England
3) Baltimore
4) Houston
5) Buffalo
6) Kansas City
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
RaiderDiehard
Rookie

RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimme some more Cobb love. The heir apparent to Driver in the slot over there in GB. Expecting him to factor in close to Antonio Brown production.

Yeah, I'm setting the bar high.
RaiderDiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I'd say it's more like Cutler, Peppers, Urlacher and Briggs. But yeah, you're mostly right on.
yeah i think the bears could definitely live without forte, people underestimate michael bush and his studliness, he wont offer what forte does in the passing game but he will out class him on the ground
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
RaiderDiehard
Rookie

RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderDiehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
yeah i think the bears could definitely live without forte, people underestimate michael bush and his studliness, he wont offer what forte does in the passing game but he will out class him on the ground
Absolutely not. Bush has seemingly lost his explosion year after year. I've watched enough of the guy over the past couple of seasons to classify him as a slightly above average runner, and not much more.

The Bears would dearly miss Forte. Accounted for nearly half their offense last season (have to double check).
Old 06-13-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think bush will be fine playing in chicago, forte has always been an excellent receiving back and he had a great year running the ball last year for the most part, but he has been known to be a painfully average runner on occasion
Old 06-13-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I look for Chicago to have a Detroit Lions type passing offensive explosion in 2012. Their offense isn't going to based around their ground game, running the ball will be complementary to Jay Cutler throwing deep to Marshall/Hester/Jeffrey.

Bush will be fine in that Bears offense if the passing game takes off.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Bush is actually a really good receiver. If you want a real sleeper for this thread, you might just throw out the possibility of Michael Bush making Chicago forget about Forte. They're actually pretty similar. Forte's quicker, but Bush is bigger. Neither runs real violently for their size, but both are big, strong and deceptively fast and smooth. Don't think the Bears will be losing much in terms of receiving ability at the position going from Forte to Bush.

Bush might've been a first-round pick if he hadn't broken his leg his senior year (He was tearing **** up at the time), and he certainly would've gone second - same as Forte. And you've gotta remember he's been sharing time with Darren MacFadden. Forte's basically been a 4.0 yard per carry guy most of his career anyways - a lot of the press he receives is for how big of a load he carries, not because he does it spectacularly, necessarily.

So in short, count me among those who thinks it's quite plausible that Michael Bush could pretty seamlessly step in for Forte if Forte decides to hold out.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Oh lawd.

The Chiefs DBs hope they throw it that much.
Pass interference # 26 automatic first down. Get use to it. Huge down graded from Carr to Routt.

Far as Sleepers mine would be D.Moore
Old 06-13-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _YL_ View Post
Pass interference # 26 automatic first down. Get use to it. Huge down graded from Carr to Routt.

Far as Sleepers mine would be D.Moore
Romeo Crennel, huge upgrade from whoever you had as a DC with Routt there.

Routt was a great #2 when Nnamdi was there, and he suffered as a #1. He won't be asked to be a #1 here, he will be the #2 to Flowers. He will be just fine. You'll see how a DB is really coached up.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Romeo Crennel, huge upgrade from whoever you had as a DC with Routt there.

Routt was a great #2 when Nnamdi was there, and he suffered as a #1. He won't be asked to be a #1 here, he will be the #2 to Flowers. He will be just fine. You'll see how a DB is really coached up.
You can polish a turd all you want but its still a turd at the end of the day.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
You can polish a turd all you want but its still a turd at the end of the day.
Hey, they all can't be as good as Chris Houston, but we'll try to make do.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey, they all can't be as good as Chris Houston, but we'll try to make do.
They really can't:

Houston:

45/86 (52.9%), 585 yards, 4 TD, 5 INT, 5 PD, 65.9 rating (2 penalties)

Routt:

48/94 (51.1%), 532 yards, 9 TD, 4 INT, 10 PD, 82.4 rating (17 penalties)

Chris Houston: underrated?!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, give me Routt on a Romeo Crennel coached defense over Chris Houston 100 times out of 100. It doesn't shock me that Routt was awful in Oakland because everyone is awful in Oakland.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I was saying is that you are overestimating the impact of Romeo Crennel.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
RaiderDiehard
Rookie

Routt isn't all that much of a drop-off from Carr. Just sayin'.

Neither is Routt a turd. He's an aggressive corner who suffered mightily last season under the guidance of an incompetent asshole named Chuck Bresnahan.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All I was saying is that you are overestimating the impact of Romeo Crennel.
I don't know, buffets around Kansas City are raising their prices.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDiehard View Post
Routt isn't all that much of a drop-off from Carr. Just sayin'.

Neither is Routt a turd. He's an aggressive corner who suffered mightily last season under the guidance of an incompetent asshole named Chuck Bresnahan.
Didn't you hear? When Carr signed with the Cowboys he became a top 5 CB in the league.

Same with Asante now that he's a Falcon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Routt isn't that bad at all. And when evaluating Carr, I noticed he did get help up top a lot, he's good, but he wasn't asked to sink his hips and cover interior routes all that much, he was put in a lot of Cover 2/3 looks where he defended the sidelines.

Carr is good, but his skill set is exaggerated. He's not the second coming.

Routt on the other hand gets killed more than he deserves. They ran a ton of cover 0 man in Oakland, he was left on an island a lot more than Carr was. And he actually covered pretty well for the majority of the time. He just held way too much, but with 0 coverage, what would you rather have, him hold or him get beat and give up a touchdown?

In KC he won't be on that island nearly as much and will be effective.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Sleeper for the Bengals is whoever ends up as the #2 WR between Armon Binns, Brandon Tate, Mohamed Sanu or Marvin Jones. Teams will be more focused on Green and Gresham.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carr and Routt are both more reliable than D Hall. When he gets to face the QB, Hall is a ballhawk. But when he was to turn his back and run with a WR, he's barely a starting caliber corner.

I think Routt has a career year in KC.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Didn't you hear? When Carr signed with the Cowboys he became a top 5 CB in the league.

Same with Asante now that he's a Falcon.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Brandon Carr, but that made me laugh too. I loved seeing those lists with Carr being top 5.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I somehow found out Branon Carr's email address yesterday because of what I do at work. If he does something good against the Giants I will spam the crap out of him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote