Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-14-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You haven't counted D-Unit's vote, BB.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
When I received news that I was indeed the battlemaster, I stepped outside into the crowd and looked for a fighter. But none stepped forward. As I walked through the camp, I heard conversation, but none of fighting ability. It appeared no one was willing to introduce themselves to the battleground on its first day.

With no one willing to submit their name, I was left with no choice but to consult the Elder Scrolls. They foretold the prophecy of the great tournament, and the prophecy of the Hero of Tamriel, so I looked to see if they offered guidance for the first day of battle. And as I looked into the Elder Scrolls, a number appeared, and the number was 23. But it was just a number, and now we must discover what it means. Is it the number of the Hero of Tamriel, is today the beginning of his journey to ride Tamriel of the power of guilds? Or is the number of a guild member himself, a number that need be erased?
You gotta admit... the way Cig is playing this game is making it fun! Doesn't really tell us why he chose Griz, but I enjoy anytime the theme of the game can be incorporated into people's posts.

Also, I didn't play the Gladiator game... so umm.. I'm already guessing that there are not your typical mafia roles, but are there Serial Killers? How do people die at night? Are there protectors and investigators? Or do we just die in the arena?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried following along on my phone while I was AFK but I just got all caught up now. Here is a list of people I'm suspicious of:

Killxswitch - Either he's dull and hasn't caught on to what I've been saying, BB and IBC gave everyone differently worded win conditions after last game, or he doesn't have a town-aligned win condition. Wooty and Ngata fall into this category as well.

SuperPacker - He was quick to jump on the KILL GONZO thing and was quick to jump on Cigaro as well to the point where he stated this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Don't see why we're all so reluctant to vote for Cigaro. It seems very obvious that he's not on our side.
He may be right but I think its hard to say anything is "obvious" at this point.

Cigaro - 6 votes seems like a lot but I can also see how that post he made would sway people to vote for him.

Shane - Hasn't posted at all (although he hasn't been anywhere on the forums).

Gonzo vs. Flying Elvis has been entertaining. I was seriously just joking around when I voted for Gonzo earlier because I know how easy it is to get him going about early-game dying.

All that being said...

Vote: Cigaro

If I kill the battlemaster, do I get to become battlemaster?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with SP you have to remember is, every game he jumps from person to person. Not defending him or anything, just pointing out that is his MO, and he isnt really playing diff to normal

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I tried following along on my phone while I was AFK but I just got all caught up now. Here is a list of people I'm suspicious of:

Killxswitch - Either he's dull and hasn't caught on to what I've been saying, BB and IBC gave everyone differently worded win conditions after last game, or he doesn't have a town-aligned win condition. Wooty and Ngata fall into this category as well.

SuperPacker - He was quick to jump on the KILL GONZO thing and was quick to jump on Cigaro as well to the point where he stated this:

He may be right but I think its hard to say anything is "obvious" at this point.

Cigaro - 6 votes seems like a lot but I can also see how that post he made would sway people to vote for him.

Gonzo vs. Flying Elvis has been entertaining. I was seriously just joking around when I voted for Gonzo earlier because I know how easy it is to get him going about early-game dying.

All that being said...

No, elections begin again, I believe.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if ATL is here so

Fall on your sword sir!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was pretty obvious that I was joking about Gonzo. Which was why I didn't vote for him...

Also, I love how someone says "Grizz hasn't voted for Cigaro" and then 2 minutes later Grizz is jumping on the bandwagon.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You gotta admit... the way Cig is playing this game is making it fun! Doesn't really tell us why he chose Griz, but I enjoy anytime the theme of the game can be incorporated into people's posts.

Also, I didn't play the Gladiator game... so umm.. I'm already guessing that there are not your typical mafia roles, but are there Serial Killers? How do people die at night? Are there protectors and investigators? Or do we just die in the arena?
I agree. Cigaro was roleplaying in the Gladiator game, as well. It adds nice flavor.

As for roles, anything goes, I'd guess. Glad game had factions with no ability to kill except in the arena. The % of good v. evil players was different, and the slaves had a champion that could recruit, allowing him to have knowledge of who other slaves were if he chose one (kill / recruit, depending on the target's alignment) so it was a pretty solid mindfuck.

Unvote: Cigaro

Simply as a tip of the cap to the flavor you've added. FWIW - that's what made me so damn suspicious in the Batman game. Damn teenage biddy . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corrected? Vote Count:

Cigaro (12) - SP, Woot, UKFan, ngata, Broth, Gonzo, JR, Rufus, killswitch, TH, D-Unit, Grizz

With 26 alive, 14 are needed for majority.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 06-14-2012 at 01:36 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might be too little, too late.

Consider the my sincere hope that we're right and you're a Guild POS.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You removed SP's vote.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-14-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
It was pretty obvious that I was joking about Gonzo. Which was why I didn't vote for him...

Also, I love how someone says "Grizz hasn't voted for Cigaro" and then 2 minutes later Grizz is jumping on the bandwagon.
I didn't even see that until after I posted :-\. I was busy writing up my post

Quote:
No, elections begin again, I believe.
Yea, I figured as much as well. Would be cool though!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You removed SP's vote.
I removed the wrong one. I think it is fixed now.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

All that being said...

The good Dr. is just upset b/c I'm stirring what he perceives to be his pot.

I can assure you, I want Tariel to be free of the tyrant guilds.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I hate that I can't fix my typos.

*Tamriel*

Old 06-14-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Also, can anyone really explain why six votes is a lot? Am I missing something? Like I said early, TH's funny post garnered him four posts, my themed post in crunch time when everyone was pressed to vote gained me just two more. I guess I don't see the excess of six votes out like nineteen.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-14-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did not cast six votes for myself, but it doesn't surprise me that on day one and with time running down, people decided that there was little difference between those who submitted their names, and they simply appreciated my posts. After all, even though I said I couldn't trust you and your funnies, they garnered you the most support up until my post, and likely you were one of the four-vote gainers. So you're funnies gain you four votes, yet it makes no sense that my themed post in crunch time would gain me a total of six?
I'm not sure how many votes I ended up having, but I'm fairly certain me being the most active player in the Skyrim thread was what would have warranted anyone's vote for me. I hope people voted for me because of my knowledge and passion for the game, and the benefits that provides me as a player, and not because of a couple BM jokes. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro
And hey, I played in the Gladiator game too!
But Killswitch is more active in the Skyrim thread than you are!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Also, can anyone really explain why six votes is a lot? Am I missing something? Like I said early, TH's funny post garnered him four posts, my themed post in crunch time when everyone was pressed to vote gained me just two more. I guess I don't see the excess of six votes out like nineteen.
Counted it up, I think there were twenty one votes cast, not nineteen.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To me, it's that you garnered 6 votes so late in the game that made me go against you. You got 6 votes in despite there already being appeals and likely a number of votes already being cast for people like TH with no reason for them to go to you. It reeks of a guild / faction holding and deciding who to rally around.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm not sure how many votes I ended up having, but I'm fairly certain me being the most active player in the Skyrim thread was what would have warranted anyone's vote for me. I hope people voted for me because of my knowledge and passion for the game, and the benefits that provides me as a player, and not because of a couple BM jokes. :D

But Killswitch is more active in the Skyrim thread than you are!
And people seeing from my post that I didn't simply say I knew about the series, but used knowledge was probably warranted anyone's vote for me. I don't really think anyone took the first day's vote serious enough to look through Skyrim Thread posts to make their decision.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-14-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
To me, it's that you garnered 6 votes so late in the game that made me go against you. You got 6 votes in despite there already being appeals and likely a number of votes already being cast for people like TH with no reason for them to go to you. It reeks of a guild / faction holding and deciding who to rally around.
That could be the very reason, that it was late in the day, no? No one other than TH had really made a case, people were probably trying to wait for something, and then I posted in the last two hours, people likely though, why not? Or....

As for that last sentence, I somewhat now agree. Seeing how quickly the selection of Grizz got flipped on me, I think some may have been waiting for someone who could be made to look suspicious to cast their name, and knowing that there was little to choose from by day one posts, immediately try and call that guy out, hope he's factioned and look better because of it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-14-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Well 9 total people received votes, you got 6, two people got 4 (14), one person got 2 (16), and 5 more got 1 (21). Since we're trying to be precise...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
That could be the very reason, that it was late in the day, no? No one other than TH had really made a case, people were probably trying to wait for something, and then I posted in the last two hours, people likely though, why not? Or....

As for that last sentence, I somewhat now agree. Seeing how quickly the selection of Grizz got flipped on me, I think some may have been waiting for someone who could be made to look suspicious to cast their name, and knowing that there was little to choose from by day one posts, immediately try and call that guy out, hope he's factioned and look better because of it.
It could go either way, you're certainly painting an interesting picture and I could have been a tad blinkered, but I do think that a number of people would have already voted prior to a run on votes for you. I need to research.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well 9 total people received votes, you got 6, two people got 4 (14), one person got 2 (16), and 5 more got 1 (21). Since we're trying to be precise...
Yeah.........

Quote:

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-14-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah.........
haha, I clearly can't read. Completely missed the one part of twenty one. *sigh*

sig by BoneKrusher