Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-25-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
If I had sent Killswitch in there instead of sbh, would it have actually made a difference?
maybe... he would have killed Rufus in the arena, then FE and I planned on using your bloodsucking to weaken KS and have Elvis fight him (and hopefully win). it all depends on whether or not Elvis could have beaten a battle and bloodsuck weakened KS
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say that we (Mages Guild) did a good job of boosting the right people early (Cigaro, D) but they still lost. They were still max boosted!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unlucky JR!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You mean Rufus... its possible
Well **** me with a cactus then. I'm dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part is, Elvis and I pretty much had everyone but Woot pegged when we were at 8 or so people. we were really hoping ngata would poison more of you as well
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I will say that we (Mages Guild) did a good job of boosting the right people early (Cigaro, D) but they still lost. They were still max boosted!
Haha kinda... You will see soon
Old 06-25-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

ACTIONS SHEET:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nem8tc2xsN Xc

CHARACTERS/ABILITIES/ROLES:

ROLE PMS:

Neutrals

Umbra - WANTS to be killed in arena. (Balanced good armor/attack, double battle fatigue) (4/2)
Gaenor - Chooses one player right away to “ask for money,” becomes a “lyncher” for that person, wanting to kill them in the arena. (4/4 against that person with ideal luck, 1/0 against anyone else with awful luck)[/spoiler]

Other stuff/Formula:
Guild leaders get +0.25 to “f”

TOWN LEADER = Battle Master (Picks 1 competitor as night action)
2 day terms, 2 term limit

F(X+Y)(A+B) / L

“f” is advantage
“x” is post count in thread
“y” is battle fatigue (starts at 100, subtract 10 for each battle)
“a” is Attack (1-5) (boosted can go higher)
“b” is Armor (1-5) (boosted can go higher)
“l” is luck (1-2, increments of .25, max 2)

Last edited by BeerBaron : 06-25-2012 at 01:18 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You were in a terrible position Jr, going against two thieves and two Mages...it was a no win situation.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Killxswitch

I don't see anything, is the link broken? I think all the + signs might not work as a URL...?

Yeah I think Rufus is the MVP and JR is the goat here. I was so happy when he picked SBH.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
You were in a terrible position Jr, going against two thieves and two Mages...it was a no win situation.
yeah, but at the time he believed Elvis was neutral. given that information, his choice was pretty bad. if he never actually believed FE, then it was really his choice who he let win the game
Old 06-25-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really impressed with the way Rufus stayed under the radar for so long.

i done stole dis sig
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I would really like to see who you stole from. I have a few ideas but don't want to go back and investigate.
We were stealing abilities every night and it roleblocked.

We couldn't steal from the same player 2 nights in a row for balance reasons. But we found Todd -armorer, JR -bloodsucker, Vidae - channeler early in the game and were able to arm our guys / weakend opponents right away. That's how Shane was winning.

So some of you may have thought you were boosting people but weren't. We found Rufus and were stealing him every other night for the last half of the game, too.

I really thought we'd be pressured a little more when every guy SBH and I nominated as BM died in that fight. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad Rufus got to stay under the radar for the most part. His heal was pretty big I think, especially at the end.

jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, and I'm not a great fighter either. But I do like how the formula takes post counts into the equation. At least that is a bit of a punishment to those who are inactive.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

not that it would have made any difference, but did the Spear of Bitter Mercy do a damn thing for me in battle?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Hah I just said the same thing. With Cigaro, D, and CJ dying early the rest of the Mages got to stay under the radar for the most part, which was good. I died of poison but I dunno if I would have been put in the arena. Maybe, maybe not.

btw, whoever poisoned me is a dickfaced dick.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I would also like to know who bought my "I'm neutral and must kill the Dark Brotherhood" speech, and for how long.

i done stole dis sig
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
yeah, but at the time he believed Elvis was neutral. given that information, his choice was pretty bad. if he never actually believed FE, then it was really his choice who he let win the game
I really wasn't too sure about Elvis. I thought he might actually be neutral. But I knew my guild had six members and I didn't think BB and IBC would have unequal number of people in the guilds.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hah I just said the same thing. With Cigaro, D, and CJ dying early the rest of the Mages got to stay under the radar for the most part, which was good. I died of poison but I dunno if I would have been put in the arena. Maybe, maybe not.

btw, whoever poisoned me is a dickfaced dick.
it was ngata... elvis thought he was the killer from about the 6th day, too. didn't believe him until we finally thieved him and found out about his poison dagger
Old 06-25-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I can't see the night actions (google docs is blocked at work for some reason). Why did my guild suck so badly at the night kill?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 06-25-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats kill/mages! I didn't think we stood a chance after me and D died so early.

Also, anyone thinking there would be other townies needs to be facepalming themselves. Once it was established there were four guilds, at six members each, simply doing the math would eliminate that possibility.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
not that it would have made any difference, but did the Spear of Bitter Mercy do a damn thing for me in battle?
**** I forgot that in your battle! Although I just recalculated and you scored a 405... So better but still less than half of Fyr
Old 06-25-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Well **** me with a cactus then. I'm dumb.
You would lose in either scenario. But sbh is right, if you really bought into me as neutral you had to eliminate a mage. My fault really, for taking too long to submit my post calling for you to vote rufus when things went fast at the end.

Quote:
Sort of . . . the Thieves Guild was doing as much as possible to steer people away from any useful abilities. Todd, JR, Rufus were all guys I called as potential 'neutrals' when I made my play for BM. I wanted them to be able to vote for me thinking I was an idiot while also gaining some security that I won't attack them. And, hopefully, keeping them UTR for a bit in the process.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Congrats kill/mages! I didn't think we stood a chance after me and D died so early.

Also, anyone thinking there would be other townies needs to be facepalming themselves. Once it was established there were four guilds, at six members each, simply doing the math would eliminate that possibility.
I think for the longest time people thought there were 5. Maybe everyone was keeping that realization close to the vest though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

damn... knew I should have taken the Wabbajack from BB's offer