Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I can't see the night actions (google docs is blocked at work for some reason). Why did my guild suck so badly at the night kill?
Shane was a shield and stopped it from hitting him and other thieves... Also at one point Ngata tried to poison the BM which obviously failed.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Sort of . . . the Thieves Guild was doing as much as possible to steer people away from any useful abilities. Todd, JR, Rufus were all guys I called as potential 'neutrals' when I made my play for BM. I wanted them to be able to vote for me thinking I was an idiot while also gaining some security that I won't attack them. And, hopefully, keeping them UTR for a bit in the process.
You did a good job when you took control as BM but sbh was following along with whatever you did a little too closely.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
it was ngata... elvis thought he was the killer from about the 6th day, too. didn't believe him until we finally thieved him and found out about his poison dagger
Well Ngata is a jerk then. A big dickfaced jerk, as I stated earlier.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well Ngata is a jerk then. A big dickfaced jerk, as I stated earlier.
A pretty inactive one, too. Though I guess maybe the thieves were stealing his ability? It just seemed like there should've been more night kills.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought I'd have a lot of things to say, but this game went on so long I got burnt out and forget it all now...damn.

Oh, the Daedra stuff.

SBH won the Spear of Bitter Mercy from Sheogorath. (Which we forgot about in his one battle...still would have gotten his ass beat though.)

Bulldogs got Goldbrand from Boethiah, but needed to unseat the Battlemaster (Caddy) at the time to get it's full power. If he did defeat Caddy and then get named BM himself, he would have also gotten the Ebony Mail.

But since Caddy died, Clavicus Vile showed up and offered him the Masque in trade for Goldbrand, which Bulldogs accepted.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Congrats kill/mages! I didn't think we stood a chance after me and D died so early.

Also, anyone thinking there would be other townies needs to be facepalming themselves. Once it was established there were four guilds, at six members each, simply doing the math would eliminate that possibility.
I felt the same as JR (below) on this. I didn't think BB/IBC would just go 4x6. I thought one or two would be off. I thought one guild would have 5 and Ngata's poisoning was SK (neutral) right up until he died.

Quote:
I really wasn't too sure about Elvis. I thought he might actually be neutral. But I knew my guild had six members and I didn't think BB and IBC would have unequal number of people in the guilds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I would also like to know who bought my "I'm neutral and must kill the Dark Brotherhood" speech, and for how long.
For about the rest of that day phase. Then you summoned a weapon. Pretty clear give away.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you were going to mention some things about inactives and people slow to use night actions. I know a few times it took me a while to get my action in but I don't think I was ever the one making us wait. If I did, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did volunteering / killing the Daedra horde do anything positive, or simply weaken me (until I healed w/Rufus?)

Also, was JR's bloodsucking cumulative or just a one night deduction?

Old 06-25-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did volunteering / killing the Daedra horde do anything positive, or simply weaken me (until I healed w/Rufus?)

Also, was JR's bloodsucking cumulative or just a one night deduction?
Just weakened you a bit. But it did seem to clear you in the eyes of the town for a bit, so there's that.

Also, JR's bloodsucking was cumulative. He couldn't push his own fatigue beyond 100 (the max) but he could continue to drain everyone.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I know you were going to mention some things about inactives and people slow to use night actions. I know a few times it took me a while to get my action in but I don't think I was ever the one making us wait. If I did, my apologies.
Well, we really did try to make activity a bonus. Shane was a prime example, winning some fights on post count alone.

After that, Cain and I discussed ways to make activity count, but not post whoring (which is all Shane did.)

We though about tracking "quality" posts or something but everything came out too subjective.

I think if I were to do it again, we'd cap the posting. For instance, You only get the post count total of the person next most to you. So you could post ***** for 100 posts, but if the 2nd most person only had 50, you'd get 50. It'd promote activity without being flat out post whoring.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did hold up the game once. I apoligize for that. Also wasn't overly active but did pick it up a bit towards the end. Got a good group for sure.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Having the most active players killed off early also sucked, but it did give some others (FE, KS obviously, JR, SBH) a chance to step up more when they normally would have been overshadowed.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

If we had day-ended the R4L v. KS fight and healed R4L while bloodsucking KS, would it have made a difference? Or, more to the point, would it have made a big difference (vs. simply weakening him a little while still needing near-perfect conditions and still having only a small chance.)

Old 06-25-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
If we had day-ended the R4L v. KS fight and healed R4L while bloodsucking KS, would it have made a difference? Or, more to the point, would it have made a big difference (vs. simply weakening him a little while still needing near-perfect conditions and still having only a small chance.)
It may have changed things up a bit. Basically, the Thieves would have held half the vote count...not quite majority, but still enough to filibuster the lynch vote. You basically would have needed to get Rufus killed, pit everyone against Killswitch, and hope that at the end, you FE would have been strong enough to beat a severely weakened KS.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I told y'all KS would wipe the floor with me haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Also - the PM sent limited my steal to non-kill abilities but that's not the case in the write up posted. Should I have been able to poison people?

Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It may have changed things up a bit. Basically, the Thieves would have held half the vote count...not quite majority, but still enough to filibuster the lynch vote. You basically would have needed to get Rufus killed, pit everyone against Killswitch, and hope that at the end, you FE would have been strong enough to beat a severely weakened KS.
Ok, thanks. That's what I was thinking. It basically would have taken KS in the arena every time and that would have been tough b/c R4L was the every day target for inactivity & Thieves Guild affiliation (or at the feet of KS the next day, leaving 2 Mages and no real reason to attack Rufus first.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Also - the PM sent limited my steal to non-kill abilities but that's not the case in the write up posted. Should I have been able to poison people?
Yeah, that was a slight mix up on our part. There were originally more kill abilities (Kodlak could go werewolf at night, Babette could poison every night....I think the mages might have had something...) but we wrote up example scenarios and found that too unbalancing.

So we nixed most of them and only had the one DB kill every other night which you couldn't steal.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Having the most active players killed off early also sucked, but it did give some others (FE, KS obviously, JR, SBH) a chance to step up more when they normally would have been overshadowed.
I kind of like being overshadowed. I'm very active in mafia games I play (although not as much in this game due to lack of theme knowledge and some family obligations) but due to not being among the most well known members here, I don't get targeted early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should have just outed me when you guys had the chance, you got greedy with using my healing powers.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Should have just outed me when you guys had the chance, you got greedy with using my healing powers.
Haha, yeah, the Thieves helped doom themselves by keeping you around like they did.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thieves were so close! :D

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Thieves were so close! :D
Mages > Thieves! *poke with stick*

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Indeed. I probably should have looked into the likely candidate for Mage Guild Leader. Was thinking that KS v. Rufus + another battle or two would be enough for me to kill KS head to head.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Mages > Thieves! *poke with stick*
Only the live ones!