Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey shut up! It was a team effort!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Indeed. I probably should have looked into the likely candidate for Mage Guild Leader. Was thinking that KS v. Rufus + another battle or two would be enough for me to kill KS head to head.
You, as a thief, already had ideal luck. I did a sample battle between you two towards the end when deciding whether or not just end the game after Rufus' death and, even if KS got the worst luck possible, he would have just barely beat you.

Two battles plus him getting the worst luck (1 in 5 chance) would have allowed you to win.

But he had Rufus there to keep healing him on nights you guys didn't steal his power, so he suffered no battle fatigue effects.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow after looking at the formula the fighter's guild had no chance.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
You all got a 1.25 bonus, the biggest of the game, equal to what the other Guild leaders got. Kodlak got a 1.5 but got the worst luck in his fight. You guys were just meant to be standard bruisers and were for the most part.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Wait what? You guys had the biggest natural advantage.

Woot would have been a wrecking ball if armored.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the posting thing mentioned earlier, I do agree that there should be some modification to combat the basically spamming Shane and then D did. I knew the post count boosted me, but I tried to avoid just posting anything and everything. When Shane did, I knew the rules never disallowed, but at the same time, I knew that's not how it should be.

I'd suggest some kind of tiered system, where 10 posts equal x, 20 posts equals x, etc., with a capped top amount. And I know it would subjective, but I would personally be fine with the game mods disallowing things that are blatant spamming.

Also, I think my luck of picking Grizz, the one neutral who wanted to die, on the very first day to enter the arena was pretty amazing.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You, as a thief, already had ideal luck. I did a sample battle between you two towards the end when deciding whether or not just end the game after Rufus' death and, even if KS got the worst luck possible, he would have just barely beat you.

Two battles plus him getting the worst luck (1 in 5 chance) would have allowed you to win.

But he had Rufus there to keep healing him on nights you guys didn't steal his power, so he suffered no battle fatigue effects.
Cool. Thanks. Now I can blame JR.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Also, I think my luck of picking Grizz, the one neutral who wanted to die, on the very first day to enter the arena was pretty amazing.
I mentioned that in the Mafia thread, couldn't have been happier about it. Made winning soooo much easier haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On the posting thing mentioned earlier, I do agree that there should be some modification to combat the basically spamming Shane and then D did. I knew the post count boosted me, but I tried to avoid just posting anything and everything. When Shane did, I knew the rules never disallowed, but at the same time, I knew that's not how it should be.

I'd suggest some kind of tiered system, where 10 posts equal x, 20 posts equals x, etc., with a capped top amount. And I know it would subjective, but I would personally be fine with the game mods disallowing things that are blatant spamming.

It wasn't luck... I read the QT :-)
Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
It wasn't luck... I read the QT :-)
Should have worded that differently. Grizz wasn't picked by a random number generator like I claimed, but it was still basically a shot in the dark as to who he actually was or was aligned with, which is what I was referring to.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-25-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Should have worded that differently. Grizz wasn't picked by a random number generator like I claimed, but it was still basically a shot in the dark as to who he actually was or was aligned with, which is what I was referring to.
o0o0o0o, now I'm intrigued. Why did I get picked?!?!?!

It's cause I'm awesome, right? :-P

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I seem to recall it being vidae's minor butthurt over Grizz "costing" him some games in the past or some such thing...hmmmmm.....
Old 06-25-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
o0o0o0o, now I'm intrigued. Why did I get picked?!?!?!

It's cause I'm awesome, right? :-P
Yeah we basically picked you because we wanted to put someone into the arena who we thought was good enough player to be a threat to us, but at the same time wouldn't appear to be a usual day one target like picking someone like Shane would have.

Sig by Matthew Jones
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did the Mages vote you in, Cig? I assume so, since Vidae came out with the "conspiracy vote" idea.

We tried to cast all our votes for Vidae b/c we knew the "town" would immediately find it fishy and crucify the blind-vote BM. We didn't get all 6 votes sent in time, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yep :)

Quote:
vidae
06-13-2012
02:00 PM ET (US)
I'd add CMD and Bulldogs to that list. We'll have to deal with Gonzo eventually, but I don't think he'll be elected Battlemaster. And there have been a lot of games that I've played where Grizz has been the key to me losing, so if he dies early I wouldn't be upset. :D
Funny how that worked out.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I seem to recall it being vidae's minor butthurt over Grizz "costing" him some games in the past or some such thing...hmmmmm.....
about that...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Did the Mages vote you in, Cig? I assume so, since Vidae came out with the "conspiracy vote" idea.

We tried to cast all our votes for Vidae b/c we knew the "town" would immediately find it fishy and crucify the blind-vote BM. We didn't get all 6 votes sent in time, though.
Oh yeah, here was the result of that:

Day 1 Battlemaster Vote:
FlyingElvis (1) - Shane
Woot (1) - ncst8
ATL (2) - Grizz, JR
Gonzo (1) - Gonzo
TH (4) - TH, Caddy, ATL, SP
Broth (1) - Broth
vidae (4) - sbh, bulldogs, R4L, FE
Cigaro (6) - killswitch, CJ, D-Unit, UKFan, Cigaro, vidae
Grizz (1) - Woot
Old 06-25-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah, it wasn't butthurt, it was basically the fact that Grizz usually flies below the radar and he is a good player. I know there have been multiple games where he has just stuck around and at the end turned out to be some powerhouse or had some info. We figured why not get him out of the way early?

Quote:
Yeah we basically picked you because we wanted to put someone into the arena who we thought was good enough player to be a threat to us, but at the same time wouldn't appear to be a usual day one target like picking someone like Shane would have.
Yeah what he said.

Quote:

Hah, that would have worked too, obviously. Nice tactic. In hindsight it was a mistake for us to pump up Cigaro, but apparently one of us was dead either way.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Here's my actual post from QT;

Quote:
If it happens, I'm thinking of someone who's underrated. Casting in someone like Shane first day will raise eyebrows. How respected is Grizz in these games? I know he's pretty good, but isn't a constant first night target from my experience.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-25-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'm also sad Gonzo didn't get into the arena. This would have been his "baseline" score with 50 posts against the person he chose as his "lynchee" (Broth):

(1 * (50 + 100) * (4 + 4)) / 1 = 1200
Old 06-25-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Grizz was chosen because we had respect for him. There was no butthurt involved in that decision.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's right Grizz I voted for you !

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
That's right Grizz I voted for you !
Hahaha, thanks! I would have just sent myself in anyway! And I'm glad the Mage's guild won now, they helped bring upon my own victory!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, we did! You're WELCOME GRIZZ! JEEZ!

Old 06-25-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think the Elder Scrolls game would've been massively epic if not for the false start Gladiator game. As it was it was still fun and only somewhat ruined by the inactives. IMO ncst8 should not be allowed to play anymore.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote