Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady over Rodgers is fine. Tom Brady is an all-time great who gets better with age. That guy is sick. I just take issue with the idea that Brady doesn't have a group of pass-catchers that most QBs would trade a nut for.

Last edited by WCH : 06-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends if we're talking lifetime achievments or right now/ future.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't much of a response on this since Monday. Very weird that the major posters who post in every thread haven't sent anything in for something that takes a few minutes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I haven't much of a response on this since Monday. Very weird that the major posters who post in every thread haven't sent anything in for something that takes a few minutes.
I dont like rankings.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont like rankings.
Ehh it's just for fun and the more people that do it would make it more representative of the group. I do like a tier system better also but there's no way possible to do that with multiple people.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe this has already been answered, but I didn't see it while skimming through, but is it for just 2012 or is it looking longterm, kinda as though we were building a team?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'd suggest trying to PM some of the more prominent posters. I know for when TJ tried to do this, I never received a PM, so I had no idea this thing was even going on. Sometimes people just need a heads up. I'll try to send in a safety list soon.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Maybe this has already been answered, but I didn't see it while skimming through, but is it for just 2012 or is it looking longterm?
Just top 10 according to you using what criteria you want. If you put more emphasis on a younger player with potential and rate him higher than a vert who may only have a few years left then that's up to you. I didn't want to pigeon hole anything so it's more subjective.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'd suggest trying to PM some of the more prominent posters. I know for when TJ tried to do this, I never received a PM, so I had no idea this thing was even going on. Sometimes people just need a heads up. I'll try to send in a safety list soon.
If I don't get some more responses I'll consider doing that tomorrow. We did have a very good early response but just not much since then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont like rankings.
Who's calling you a major poster bro?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
It depends if we're talking lifetime achievments or right now/ future.
I would say that the list is for the right now. I still stand by Brady > Rodgers. In a year or two he will be easily considered the best in the league and will remain there for years. But if I were to pick a QB for this year and this year only. I'd go Brady (assuming they were playing in a system that was made for their abilities of course)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hey everyone QB and S lists are due tomorrow afternoon. I have a work picnic so I'll try and have the results up tomorrow night when I get home.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-21-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I would say that the list is for the right now. I still stand by Brady > Rodgers. In a year or two he will be easily considered the best in the league and will remain there for years. But if I were to pick a QB for this year and this year only. I'd go Brady (assuming they were playing in a system that was made for their abilities of course)
Ah yes, the system argument. This is going to get very interesting, and believe me, it will carry on throughout the season and beyond so long as I'm a poster here. So speak now (send in a list) or forever hold your peace.

I'll send out PMs to a great deal of posters tonight. Ignore it if you've participated already.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Ah yes, the system argument. This is going to get very interesting, and believe me, it will carry on throughout the season and beyond so long as I'm a poster here. So speak now (send in a list) or forever hold your peace.

I'll send out PMs to a great deal of posters tonight. Ignore it if you've participated already.
I didn't make the system argument. I'm saying strait up. Brady in his system > A. Rodgers in his system. But switch it up then it'd be different.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I didn't make the system argument. I'm saying strait up. Brady in his system > A. Rodgers in his system. But switch it up then it'd be different.
I wasn't referring to just Brady vs. Rodgers, so I guess I could have worded it a bit differently. I just meant the system argument in general, which will factor more with literally every other position left.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any idea when we'll get the first batch of lists?
Old 06-22-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sent mine in a week or so ago and it was a DOOZY, let me tell ya.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how many points Tebow can acquire in this thing.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Tebow on my list...AS A SAFETY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I voted for Tebow on my list...AS A SAFETY!
He was #1 on my list at his rightful QB position. Dude has the clutch gene, can't explain that.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
He was #1 on my list at his rightful QB position. Dude has the clutch gene, can't explain that.
His Clutch-O-Meter is a solid 9.7/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Lists will be up tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-22-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow is very clutch. He would have clearly won the Super Bowl if it weren't for the East Coast Bias. Now that he is on the East Coast, there's no stopping his awesome and gritty clutchness!
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ok the first 2 lists are out and I think overall everyone did a pretty good job.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd also like to thank everyone who sent in lists. We did a very good job and hopefully this sparks a lot of debate and we get even more people to send in lists for the next 2 positions. I'm thinking we do CB and WR next week but I'm for suggestions. I'll announce Sunday the next 2 lists.

sig by BoneKrusher