Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the NFL already raised the price to $70.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone gets this let me know what kind of "coach's tape" they actually sell or allow the fan to see.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
If anyone gets this let me know what kind of "coach's tape" they actually sell or allow the fan to see.
Looking at the picture they show it seems to have a endzone view and a top view.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Except for he doesn't actually do that. :/ He just emphasizes 'based off what I've seen on film' because he consciously makes a point of not factoring in things outside of the actual games.

No, Cossell has an agenda to convince the world that the world beater that is Alex Smith actually sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I'd be willing to bet this is not something from the teams. It's probably all NFL Films.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'd be willing to bet this is not something from the teams. It's probably all NFL Films.
That's what I'd bet as well. You're probably getting the stock film that they use for ESPN/NFL Network's analysis shows. Not classic coach's tape. Either way, as long as they have both wide and narrow All-22 shots, I will probably get it. It's still better than the alternative.

Anyone checked it out yet?
Old 06-16-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
And now we all get to see how similar every team's offensive scheme is!
Not really. Unless you have a copy of the playbook, you don't know the offense's play.

I will definitely get this. What I hope will result in a lot of us purchasing this is 2 things:

1. The constant bitching about our offensive coordinators will stop once you see the all 22 film and how the adjustments were more likely made that you asked for during the game, and how more often than not, it wasn't the play call that was bad, but it was awful execution. (For the most part, don't get me wrong I dislike and criticize some guys too, but it's gotten to a point in this forum where it's getting out of hand. Players make plays.)

2. We'll see how similar both offenses and defenses around the league really are. Nobody is really doing anything outside the box anymore. Every team does a little bit of everything. Again, players make plays.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I wonder how pissed Greg Cosell is about this. He can't use his holier-than-thou "But I actually watch all-22 film" as a reason for us to believe his agenda anymore.
Or his "eye in the sky phrase". The only card he'll have left is that he has been looking at that kind of film for years and years.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Nah, the All-22 hasn't. Rewind has.
How dare you question me. All I know is the package I bought last year was pretty much what the story described.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Icelandic_Colt
Rookie

Icelandic_Colt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Pretty sure this has been available internationally for a while
Yup, the international version of Gamepass had the "all-22" shots available for "most" scoring plays last year, but not every single play. I don't buy it in the off-season so I can't be sure, but I seem to recall that it was a wide shot and then also a end-zone view.

I don't think you got a scoreboard shot, but you could easily make out the down and distance along with the time, when you selected the play from the marker. Not sure if rewind in the U.S. uses the same format though?
Icelandic_Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Not really. Unless you have a copy of the playbook, you don't know the offense's play.
You said in your second point what I meant by my statement, fwiw.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You said in your second point what I meant by my statement, fwiw.
True. We will never truly know exactly what is going on when we watch the film bc we don't have the play books, but it will be a nice visual to see how wrong we are as fans when we watch the game from the tv angle with first reactions.

Ive caught myself many times bitching during a game, then when i went back and re-watched it on DVR, I saw all the adjustments I asked for, they just weren't executed.

I learned my lesson. I won't sit here and say that they're always right and we're always wrong, but we're not as right as we think.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I learned my lesson. I won't sit here and say that they're always right and we're always wrong, but we're not as right as we think.
Well, there is a reason they're an OC in the NFL and people here are not.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
with the exception of cam cameron. he just really makes no sense at all.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Pretty much. I get as frustrated with my OC as the next guy, but let's put this in perspective for a bit.

I think we're getting out of hand a little with the criticism. I mean, out of 32 teams, there's literally only 4 or 5 teams in the league that love their OC. Nobody can't tell me the other 27 teams have awful OCs. Can't be. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

To me, the biggest criticism I have with coordinators is some refuse to adjust to their players, and throw their systems in and force the players to adapt to the system, even if it's fitting square pegs in round holes. That's my main issue.

A great coordinator to me is a guy who adjusts to his players, and has a great feel for the game and knows when to call the right plays at the right time. The scheme itself isn't a problem for me though (other than my hatred for Cover 2).
Old 06-17-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
with the exception of cam cameron. he just really makes no sense at all.
Cameron is a great OC when he has the right players. He's the symbol of what I have an issue with though, a guy who refuses to adjust his system to his players. So I understand the hatred.

Let's not forget, the guy was considered a genius when he was in SD. Players make plays. He doesn't have the players to fit his system in Baltimore. Flacco is mediocre, and his WRs are mediocre.

The biggest misconception though is Cameron needs to give the ball to Ray Rice more. That cannot be more wrong. Ray Rice carried the ball 291 times. That's a ton of touches. That's not even including how many passes he caught out of the backfield.

Cameron needs to run the ball more, yes. But he doesn't need to give Ray Rice more touches. Unless you want to run Ray Rice's body into the ground in 2 years.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To me, the biggest criticism I have with coordinators is some refuse to adjust to their players, and throw their systems in and force the players to adapt to the system, even if it's fitting square pegs in round holes. That's my main issue.
That's why I'm kind of excited for Brian Daboll. From everything I've read, he's really good at adjusting to the strengths of the players he has and doesn't try to force them into doing something they're not comfortable with.

On an aside, the NFL really needs an app for the 360/PS3/Wii. I have Game Rewind but sometimes I want to sit my fat ass on my couch and enjoy it there. I could hook up a computer, but that's so much gd work.

If there is an easier way to get it there that I don't know about, hook up with the knowledge.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I could hook up a computer, but that's so much gd work.
two cables... TWO

Old 06-17-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That reminds me...I haven't seen my HDMI cable since football season ended...
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you mean by classic coaches tape?

They are giving you high side view, and each endzone view. The only thing different coaches get is they have someone to break down the plays by formation, down and distance, similar play types.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think i'm going to buy it tomorrow I"ll let you know how it is.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cameron is a great OC when he has the right players. He's the symbol of what I have an issue with though, a guy who refuses to adjust his system to his players. So I understand the hatred.

Let's not forget, the guy was considered a genius when he was in SD. Players make plays. He doesn't have the players to fit his system in Baltimore. Flacco is mediocre, and his WRs are mediocre.

The biggest misconception though is Cameron needs to give the ball to Ray Rice more. That cannot be more wrong. Ray Rice carried the ball 291 times. That's a ton of touches. That's not even including how many passes he caught out of the backfield.

Cameron needs to run the ball more, yes. But he doesn't need to give Ray Rice more touches. Unless you want to run Ray Rice's body into the ground in 2 years.

Lets be real here, who wouldnt look bad w/ that talent they had in SD, perfect weather for at least 8 games out of the year and playing in the afc west.

He is a control freak w/ an ego. When Flacco asked him to change the system to fit his needs he told him no. He doesn't even let Flacco audible. He is as predictable as they come and literally refuses to make adjustments in game. Its just baffling this guy has a job in baltimore.

Cosell even said this is a 1960s offense. Players have said there are minimal week to week adjustments. He really needs to get his head out of his ass.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Lets be real here, who wouldnt look bad w/ that talent they had in SD, perfect weather for at least 8 games out of the year and playing in the afc west.

He is a control freak w/ an ego. When Flacco asked him to change the system to fit his needs he told him no. He doesn't even let Flacco audible. He is as predictable as they come and literally refuses to make adjustments in game. Its just baffling this guy has a job in baltimore.

Cosell even said this is a 1960s offense. Players have said there are minimal week to week adjustments. He really needs to get his head out of his ass.
I hate it when coaches flat-out refuse to let their QBs audible. I can almost understand why they don't allow it, but Holmgren's stance ("If you audible, you had better be right.") is a much better way to go about it. You coach up your QB and I think that you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Brett Favre and the Packers had their most underachieving seasons when Mike Sherman didn't let the man adjust plays at the LOS. For that matter, they had their most underachieving seasons when Mike Sherman was being Mike Sherman. Congrats to the Bucs for not hiring that guy.

Last edited by WCH : 06-18-2012 at 12:36 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
two cables... TWO
Ugh, damn you brent. I don't have a laptop, so it is annoying hooking everything up in the livingroom.

And don't you dare sass me!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ray Rice always needs more touches. Always. There's no such thing as too many carries for him. Run his body into the ground? Have you seen those thighs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
No, Cossell has an agenda to convince the world that the world beater that is Alex Smith actually sucks.

Id guess that part only cuz different stadiums offer different views.when I watched coacbes tape I saw that the Chicago bears tape is terrible. The angle looks like it was filmed at a high school game.

But I am curious in howit is edited and what views we get.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote