Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-26-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I don't see any reason to.
Further down on that page as well. I think CMD Should be priority numero uno. He reveals, or he gets lynched.

That was Sunday night after I went to bed...I scanned through those posts groggily the next morning before work and must have missed Rufus' reveal.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or he reveals AND gets lynched if I don't like what he says.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Rufus could be the SK as well. Survivor is a terrible role claim for anyone and is typically a last ditch effort by someone evil. I must have missed where he claimed Survivor though.

In some order, I think we need to press on killswitch, CMD and Rufus. I'm fine with any of those three being our eventual lynch choice. If any one of them flat out refuses to role claim at this point, that should be our target.
I haven't killed anyone. Hell, I haven't done anything at night. I'll be honest about that.

What about the Commuter role? Lets be honest, if my claim is so desperate why isn't that? Grizz is your SK, but nice try getting attention away from yourself. Who can confirm your role? I've been all in for the town, I was following Bulldogs and Woot's word. I could do no right in this game, do this...looks suspicious, do that....looks suspicious.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
I haven't killed anyone. Hell, I haven't done anything at night. I'll be honest about that.

What about the Commuter role? Lets be honest, if my claim is so desperate why isn't that? Grizz is your SK, but nice try getting attention away from yourself. Who can confirm your role? I've been all in for the town, I was following Bulldogs and Woot's word. I could do no right in this game, do this...looks suspicious, do that....looks suspicious.
Welcome to mafia games.

I'm not completely buying Grizz's story either, but right now, we just need to take down someone anti-town or face losing the numbers battle pretty quickly.

I feel like the best case can be made against CMD at the moment. His outright refusal to reveal and wishy-washy play puts him a cut above the rest.

Grizz is a tricky bastard when 3rd party, I've witnessed that first hand. I just don't feel that I can build as solid of a case against him right now.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As I said yesterday, investigators are hard to come by at this point so nobody can confirm any roles and we just have to go with our guts and hope BB can survive long enough to find our killers. I'm just finding it hard to believe there is a survivor in this game, not sure how it fits into the theme and, like I said in my first post today, I just don't see a 2:1 town:non-town ratio.

But yea, at the end of the day, you are probably the one I feel least confident about, I think CMD and Kill are the two biggest targets right now. It should be noted how anti-CMD woot was and as much as our heads spin when he makes his arguments, he's really been spot on this game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welcome to mafia games.

I'm not completely buying Grizz's story either, but right now, we just need to take down someone anti-town or face losing the numbers battle pretty quickly.

I feel like the best case can be made against CMD at the moment. His outright refusal to reveal and wishy-washy play puts him a cut above the rest.

Grizz is a tricky bastard when 3rd party, I've witnessed that first hand. I just don't feel that I can build as solid of a case against him right now.
Yeah I should be use to mafia games now.

As for Grizz, well you could always investigate him tonight, we do have a protector to prevent anything from happening to you.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Woot has been spot on, agreed. If he were just clearer/less crazy he might have helped more. Reminds me of SuperPacker as the cop in the Zombie game. He was right quite frequently (and got extremely unlucky with the millers) but it took so long for the town to buy in that it was too late.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I should be use to mafia games now.

As for Grizz, well you could always investigate him tonight, we do have a protector to prevent anything from happening to you.
I could, was maybe even planning to, but saying it out loud with a possible framer in the game makes him a prime target.

I have several options for that though, we just have to hope my power is legit and the framer chooses poorly.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could, was maybe even planning to, but saying it out loud with a possible framer in the game makes him a prime target.

I have several options for that though, we just have to hope my power is legit and the framer chooses poorly.
Or, even better, we take out the framer with today's lynch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
That would be very lovely. I'm definitely leaning towards CMD as being the most suspicious...we just need to hope he is the framer then.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

[ooc]I will be leaving for work at 10, and I won't be around. I'll check back on my lunch break. [/ooc]
Old 06-26-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

I'll leave a vote, it seems more likely that we are headed towards lynching CMD today?

If that's the case, I'll go with him
Old 06-26-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Seems likely we're headed towards CMD. I'd like to see him and killswitch role reveal before this day is over though.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

Alright I'll leave that and I am out.

Vote: CMD
Old 06-26-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So look, I enjoyed the Arena-style games but I am pretty new to standard games like this one. And I'm just not very good at them yet, though in this cluster**** of a game I don't think that is entirely my fault. I am a 2 shot vigilante (literal 2 shot, my character uses a gun) and I have been trying to lay low to figure out who is probably bad. But seriously so far it has been almost impossible to tell. BB you seem good at this point but at first you were acting both really suspicious and also kind of stupid which I found very strange. I was close to picking you the 2nd night. I thought Woot was bad for sure but Forenci also seemed suspicious so I didn't move on him. vidae has been acting strange but seems plausibly innocent (as much as a hooker is innocent, I can't say I even understand that "role", what is the point?). I've also suspected D-Unit for reasons simliar to Woot (wrong) and thought for a change that Gonzo was good and was possibly masoned with Cigaro (wrong again).

I have used both of my shots. First was on McGee. I thought I had a bead on him because of some comments he made about my early voting for broth. I technically might not have killed him since either the mafia or the SK (we are still assuming there is one, right?) or both also targeted him.

My 2nd shot was last night, an attempt on broth. The happy-go-lucky schtick with just posting song lyrics seemed odd but not bad. But then when he suddenly stopped because he'd just brothed up the PM, same old lovable bumbling broth. It just didn't sit well with me and when some others previously suggested that he might be the godfather I figured it was worth a shot. If he died, he might be mafia and if not he wasn't being very helpful anyway. And if he didn't then that would probably tell us something.

So at this point I don't have a night action anymore and all I can offer is speculation.

SuperPacker - good
Rufus - ?? learning more, has laid low
Broth223 - may be evil, Godfather?
sbh15 - good
CashMoneyDrew - prob evil.
Vidae - suspicious, maybe good, but WTF is there a hooker? And why would that be a "good" role?
Grizz - what kind of a role is a commuter? Seems kind of weak. SK?
Killxswitch - moi
BeerBaron - good

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

CMD, come out come out wherever you are. Unlike some, I've got no problem with lynching someone before they get to speak. I'd like to have a laugh at whatever excuse for a role you come up with first.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
So look, I enjoyed the Arena-style games but I am pretty new to standard games like this one. And I'm just not very good at them yet, though in this cluster**** of a game I don't think that is entirely my fault. I am a 2 shot vigilante (literal 2 shot, my character uses a gun) and I have been trying to lay low to figure out who is probably bad. But seriously so far it has been almost impossible to tell. BB you seem good at this point but at first you were acting both really suspicious and also kind of stupid which I found very strange. I was close to picking you the 2nd night. I thought Woot was bad for sure but Forenci also seemed suspicious so I didn't move on him. vidae has been acting strange but seems plausibly innocent (as much as a hooker is innocent, I can't say I even understand that "role", what is the point?). I've also suspected D-Unit for reasons simliar to Woot (wrong) and thought for a change that Gonzo was good and was possibly masoned with Cigaro (wrong again).

I have used both of my shots. First was on McGee. I thought I had a bead on him because of some comments he made about my early voting for broth. I technically might not have killed him since either the mafia or the SK (we are still assuming there is one, right?) or both also targeted him.

My 2nd shot was last night, an attempt on broth. The happy-go-lucky schtick with just posting song lyrics seemed odd but not bad. But then when he suddenly stopped because he'd just brothed up the PM, same old lovable bumbling broth. It just didn't sit well with me and when some others previously suggested that he might be the godfather I figured it was worth a shot. If he died, he might be mafia and if not he wasn't being very helpful anyway. And if he didn't then that would probably tell us something.

So at this point I don't have a night action anymore and all I can offer is speculation.

SuperPacker - good
Rufus - ?? learning more, has laid low
Broth223 - may be evil, Godfather?
sbh15 - good
CashMoneyDrew - prob evil.
Vidae - suspicious, maybe good, but WTF is there a hooker? And why would that be a "good" role?
Grizz - what kind of a role is a commuter? Seems kind of weak. SK?
Killxswitch - moi
BeerBaron - good
Whoa there, ANOTHER shotted vigilante? In addition to CJ? I don't know about that.

I think we may have our SK here. SuperMcGee was shot (once through the head) and stabbed, same with Caddy. I think there are only two anti-town killers out there.

You just skyrocketed up my suspicious list. I'll see what comments some others have, but if they feel you are the SK and want to get ourselves limited to only one night kill, we may be lynching you today.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

A commuter is allowed to leave the "game" for the night, making himself untargetable by all night actions.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Whoa there, ANOTHER shotted vigilante? In addition to CJ? I don't know about that.

I think we may have our SK here. SuperMcGee was shot (once through the head) and stabbed, same with Caddy. I think there are only two anti-town killers out there.

You just skyrocketed up my suspicious list. I'll see what comments some others have, but if they feel you are the SK and want to get ourselves limited to only one night kill, we may be lynching you today.
And yea, I don't buy two separate Xshot vigilantes. I know there is only one protector but this one is really hard to buy. SKs do typically claim vigilante...I'd be fine with either but if he has the ability to kill, I think he might be the better choice. I'd still like to hear whatever BS role CMD is going to come up with before making our decision though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

In a game where there almost no vanilla townies and the mafia is still kicking ass, why would this surprise you? My guess is that you would have been suspicious of anything. You are in the clear so you have that luxury. I have no abilities at this point so losing me doesn't handicap you, but it will tip the balance farther into the mafia's favor. That's pretty much the extent of my leverage.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-26-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
In a game where there almost no vanilla townies and the mafia is still kicking ass, why would this surprise you? My guess is that you would have been suspicious of anything. You are in the clear so you have that luxury. I have no abilities at this point so losing me doesn't handicap you, but it will tip the balance farther into the mafia's favor. That's pretty much the extent of my leverage.
Vidae and CMD seem to believe otherwise...

Here's my dilemma with you as the possible SK. If we lynch you, and you are what you say you are, even with no powers remaining, we could very well lose the numbers battle tonight if the mafia and SK take out two more townies.

CMD on the other hand I feel a little more strongly about as being mafia for the reasons I pointed out before. However, that would still leave two kills to go tonight.

It's a tricky situation right now.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just woke up and its nice to see BeerBarron admit he would kill someone without letting them speak. And even though I've been consistent all game, you of all people call me inconsistent. Hilarious.
And since everyone is asking and I actually need to this time, I'll happily admit to my role as a backup that has no night actions.
So if I'm lynched for some dumb reason, be sure to not let BeerBaron off the hook this time for any reason whatsoever. He already started getting cold feet and making excuses to be saved the next day when he knew Vidae was going to be lynched and come back as good.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Just woke up and its nice to see BeerBarron admit he would kill someone without letting them speak. And even though I've been consistent all game, you of all people call me inconsistent. Hilarious.
And since everyone is asking and I actually need to this time, I'll happily admit to my role as a backup that has no night actions.
So if I'm lynched for some dumb reason, be sure to not let BeerBaron off the hook this time for any reason whatsoever. He already started getting cold feet and making excuses to be saved the next day when he knew Vidae was going to be lynched and come back as good.
Does your PM tell you what you are a backup for?

sig by BoneKrusher
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

You would have inherited a power by now as a backup.

Vote: CMD

He and vidae are in cahoots btw. My investigation of vidae wasn't faulty at all...my good friend Cain let his imagination run wild in vidae's defense though I'm afraid.
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Vidae and CMD seem to believe otherwise...

Here's my dilemma with you as the possible SK. If we lynch you, and you are what you say you are, even with no powers remaining, we could very well lose the numbers battle tonight if the mafia and SK take out two more townies.

CMD on the other hand I feel a little more strongly about as being mafia for the reasons I pointed out before. However, that would still leave two kills to go tonight.

It's a tricky situation right now.
Well that would certainly be a good reason to not kill me.

With 9 people left and most likely a SK, are you thinking 5 townie, 3 mafia, and 1 SK? Or 4, 4, and 1?

i done stole dis sig