Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 NFLDC Top 10 QB

1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (237)
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots (231)
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (195)
4. Eli Manning, New York Giants (157)
5. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (153)
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (114)
7. Matt Stafford, Detroit Lions (84)
8. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (74)
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys (38)
10. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears (36)

* Vote Total in Parentheses

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting to see the votes disparity between Stafford/Rivers and Romo/Cutler. Especially since my list goes Cutler (7), Rivers (8), Romo (9) and Stafford (10).

But the tiers seem about right. The top 3 with some separation from the Manning bros, the Manning bros have some separation from Big Ben, and then you get the ringless guys knocking on the doorstep behind him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yaaaay I had all 10 right! Not the right order, mind you, but the right players!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Cam? :/
Old 06-22-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler gets no respect!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Who do you put him over? Rivers and Cutler have a number of big season under their belts and have lead deep playoff runs, Romo has years of putting up big numbers himself, and Stafford's already the "one big year" guy, and his big year was much bigger than Cam's.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 06-22-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think i flipped rivers and stafford but that really seems right
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Cam made a believer out of me, but who do you drop from the top-10 right now?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's Matt Cassel???
Old 06-22-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Where's Matt Cassel???
i actually think vidae murdered him
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am actually interested in comparing the NFLDC top 10 QBs with Jaworski's lol

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the same exact list as this. I think the low point totals for Romo and Cutler come from people leaving them off for Cam and Ryan since they are the only 2 I would consider bumping. This list seems much better than the S one

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Who do you put him over? Rivers and Cutler have a number of big season under their belts and have lead deep playoff runs, Romo has years of putting up big numbers himself, and Stafford's already the "one big year" guy, and his big year was much bigger than Cam's.
He and Stafford are neck and neck after the top 6 (which is a very tough group to crack). I know there was no specific criteria for this bur the way I kinda looked at it was: if I had to pick a QB to take my team to take my team to the championship this year, who would I want. Out of Romo, Cutler and Cam, I would comfortably take Cam over both of them. Rivers is closer but he's coming off probably his worst season in the last four years or so. Nowadays where it seems like everyone is throwing for 4000 and 25+ TD's, stats are, imo, gradually reducing in value as they become easier and easier to obtain and the players' actual ability and limitations (or lack there of) become an even more important piece of the puzzle.

I know people in general are often reluctant to jump all-in on a young guy but how much more do we need to see from him? This is the most gifted QB in the league who took the worst scoring offense in the NFL (a historically bad one) and made them a top 5 scoring offense in his first season. If the concern is that he hasn't proven himself in the playoffs, that's fair but can you really say Rivers, Romo or Cutler have? I just don't see 10 QB's in the NFL being more dominant players this year than Cam Newton? Do you? So if this list is the top 10 QB's we'd want right now in the year 2012 (again, I know there was no clearly defined criteria on purpose), I have a very hard time believing he is notone of them.

*This isn't all directed at you Rosebud, just my thoughts on why Cam very much belongs.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-22-2012 at 09:38 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Cam and Schaub at the end. Cam showed outstanding work ethic and should be able to make adjustments to avoid a slump. I think I left off Cutler and Roethlisberger. Cutler should be way better now that he is back with Bates/Tice and not Martz. Roethlisberger has always struck me as a giant ahole who happens to be bigger than everyone which allows him to wait longer to throw. I would probably put him at #11 or 12. I put Stafford at 4 over the Super Bowl MVP Eli because he's going for 6,000 yards this year.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

List looks about right, was there anybody else close to cracking the top 10?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to argue with that list. I just might bet my bottom dollar that Stafford ranks quite a bit higher next season, though.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
List looks about right, was there anybody else close to cracking the top 10?
Cam was #11 but needed a few more votes to crack the top 10.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It's hard to argue with that list. I just might bet my bottom dollar that Stafford ranks quite a bit higher next season, though.
I actually think he'll be rated lower. Don't expect him to match his numbers from this season and think that'll put a big damper on how much people are falling in love with his potential. I actually have similar feelings about Cam Newton as well.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-23-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems pretty legit, was sure I'd see Cam though.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny how Stafford went from being a bust in many people's mind to near elite after one season.

Also, I think Eli has an argument as #1. He never misses games, is cool under pressure and is as good as anyone when he's on. He has his fair share of bad games, but I think he may be one of those people who gets bored and loses focus at times.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
It's funny how Stafford went from being a bust in many people's mind to near elite after one season.

Also, I think Eli has an argument as #1. He never misses games, is cool under pressure and is as good as anyone when he's on. He has his fair share of bad games, but I think he may be one of those people who gets bored and loses focus at times.
So he has his fair share of bad games, but there's an argument for him to be #1? Sure thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post

Okay. So lets just call that the reason that nobody -- not even Giants fans -- would put him at #1.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i love eli and will defend him to the death and think he's under-rated...but he is not number 1. i just can't put him there
Quote:
Old 06-23-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Eli Manning
5. Peyton Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Matt Stafford
8. Philip Rivers
9. Jay Cutler
10. Cam Newton

Was mine. I was close enough.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Tim Tebow on this list,he should be top ten easy.