Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
And I was gonna kill vidae and gonzo with my powers
So you would have failed at killing Vidae and then killed me. There is a reason you were better off dead.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we would of been better off without you gonzo no doubt

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who was Mischa Barton? haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Explain to me how? I actually thought you may be evil just with how you ignored your investigation of IBC coming back wrong before you investigated me.
Your frenetic posting and accusing make it hard to make any progress. Sometimes it works out but that is just some of the **** you sling at the wall sticking. We have to wade through the rest of it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we would of been better off without you gonzo no doubt
You are entitled to you opinion. Your opinion is wrong though. I took out GOW and went hard after Vidae all game, what did you ever do?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was Marissa Cooper btw. I know nothing about this show but I bet she is whiny and kind of dumb.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She is insanely hot. That is all you need to know.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Your frenetic posting and accusing make it hard to make any progress. Sometimes it works out but that is just some of the **** you sling at the wall sticking. We have to wade through the rest of it.
You understand that the accusing stopped after day 2 and really only happened those days because nobody came out with info. I mean Vidae did say over and over that I was hurting the town and did a good job convincing everyone but you can't really argue with me going after Vidae, GOW, and SBH HARD. I am also amazed how confused people get in these games. To blame me for those really long ******* days is crazy talk. I was consistently posting and trying to get them finished, not my fault that nobody would vote to lynch Vidae until after I was dead.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you were trying to get me killed for 4 days gonzo :/

Old 07-06-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Three of us did have night actions in broth's stalking, my thieving, and the role blocker, plus there's the kill action. I'm guessing any of those would have recruited him.
Quote:
if they targeted him at any time he would of turned
I gotcha. Thanks.

Also, Traitor is 100% an anti-town role. They're put in place when there's a grey area between putting in an additional mafia member or not. The fact that the mafia didn't recruit him doesn't discount him. That's like the town saying you couldn't count Shane because he never got to reveal any investigations cause he died so early. Just because they went unused doesn't mean they weren't in the game, and if the cards unfolded differently, the mafia would have had their 5th member.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I just got back home. Here are some of my thoughts.

First, I want to thank you all for participating in my first attempt at moderating one of these games. I know there were a few bumps in the road but I hope it didn't take away from the game too much. I learned a few things that I can definitely use the next time I run a mafia game.

1. The town was too overpowered.
2. I need to shut up. If people have questions, there i nothing wrong with leaving things to the imagination.
3. Modding one of these is harder than it looks from the outside.

To answer a few of your questions. In order for sbh to become a member of the mafia, the mafia had to target him. Kill, stalk, block, or thief. Unfortunately for the mafia, the one time they targeted him, he was put in detention by Cigaro.

Why did Gonzo not lose his kill? Because he attacked the Godfather. I thought if I told him his kill was lost, he would know he wasn't blocked, thus telling him Vidae was bulletproof. Since there are no good bulletproof roles, I thought that would be unfair.

Forenci was a protector. But what he didn't know was that he was an over-protector. He blocked all kill actions and 50% of all other actions. That is why Shane's investigation of Caddy failed.

Night actions coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I was Marissa Cooper btw. I know nothing about this show but I bet she is whiny and kind of dumb.
Damn, knew I should have went with you over woot on that last night. I was trying to kill Marissa Cooper that night because I know my character tried to rape her in the show and I was hoping it would provide a different write-up than the bullet to the head and throw you guys off.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-06-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I assume I would of kept my kill after targeting vidae as well then?

Old 07-06-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest for me was #2 and I apologize if I came at you a little too harshly, considering it was your first time.

I didn't know if SuperPacker around or not, but I was trying to plant the seed that he was around and was suspicious because he wasn't posting. Adding to the fact that Caddy got replaced but SP didn't, I thought I had a chance at swaying some people, and it looked like I actually did for a second, but then you came out and said he was inactive. It kinda messed up my strategy for that day, but it's all good.

Overall, it was an enjoyable game and I think you did a good job first time modding. I would play another JR game.

edit: And if you kill someone with a 1 shot, and you miss or are blocked, you should lose it. I think that's how most moderators do that. That's how I would have done it.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
you were trying to get me killed for 4 days gonzo :/
To be fair you were shady as ****. REAL shady. You also tried to get me killed and were kind of repeating what was being said about me. I was wrong about you. That said considering your targets were me and Vidae you were lynched at the right time. I could not believe that people thought I was evil. After Snicho backing me up day 2 and then me calling Scotty visiting Snicho before it happened, I just had no idea what the hell the good people accusing me of being evil thought I was.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also to Scotty, you did not kill snicho with your kiss you gave. Here is how that worked:

If you kissed a male character (or the lesbian) they would be protected from kills because they would accept the kiss and go inside with you to have sex.

If you kisses a female character, they would be pissed and be forced to vote for you the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I gotcha. Thanks.

Also, Traitor is 100% an anti-town role. They're put in place when there's a grey area between putting in an additional mafia member or not. The fact that the mafia didn't recruit him doesn't discount him. That's like the town saying you couldn't count Shane because he never got to reveal any investigations cause he died so early. Just because they went unused doesn't mean they weren't in the game, and if the cards unfolded differently, the mafia would have had their 5th member.
I'm sorry, I completely disagree with everything you said here.

It does us no good to have some random "evil" town member out there that we can't communicate with. Your contention is that so what, he was still anti town! but the biggest advantage the Mafia has is the ability to speak.

Would you feel the same way if the Mafia couldn't speak at night, but were all anti-town? No, of course not. It goes the same way here.

There are many anti-town roles that you don't count towards the Mafia. Serial Killer, Scavenger, Survivor, etc. A traitor, who doesn't get "recruited" is in the same vein.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Interesting. Would love to see how all the night actions played out this game, there are quite a few things that were kinda mindfucks to some of us.

I will say this, McGee nailed it when he said we stole the "Dating Advice" and used it to double-kill. I killed Snicho and Gonzo that night haha
I know everything, Grizz.

I was running with that theory for a bit. My role made it so I had a better idea than others that there might not be a SK, and once vidae was revealed I became pretty much sure of it.

Of course, probably not a single person thought I wasn't the SK, so arguing that there was none wasn't going to help me much.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

I was running with that theory for a bit. My role made it so I had a better idea than others that there might not be a SK, and once vidae was revealed I became pretty much sure of it.

Of course, probably not a single person thought I wasn't the SK, so arguing that there was none wasn't going to help me much.
I really was rooting for you after I died. If I hadn't died I would have brought your name up as potentially being evil but your reveal sealed it. No way in my mind to you come forward as being able to kill if you are evil and knowing the show it made sense that Ryan would be vigilante. I was hoping the town would see that but it all worked out anyway.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see anything wrong with the way Gonzo played. He got a lot of **** for claiming JOAT, but that was actually true, so you can't criticize him for that. I really don't see the problem with laying out suspicions of multiple people. The fact is, the most adamant people against him were mafia(vidae, GOW, SBH(he wanted to be mafia)) just acting that way intentionally to divide the town and get him lynched if possible, only to back away and blame Gonzo once he turned up good.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I wonder if I went untargeted

Old 07-06-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

I originally legitimately thought you were the SK and were just playing horribly the first few nights but once things started unfolding in discussions, I actually believed you when you said you were the vigilante which is why I was trying to push for you to die. That being said, wow, the town had a 1xVig, a full-time one, and the potential for fenikz to be a 4xVig too. I like to think that offsets the possibility of a potential 5th mafioso...haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-06-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

no only a 2x vigilante, 1 kill for each daughter

Old 07-06-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
no only a 2x vigilante, 1 kill for each daughter
Ah, I thought you said you had 2 kills per daughter haha, even so, that's a lot of town-kills haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-06-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Still, a 1x kill (that didn't disappear when you missed with it), a Vigilante, and the potential to 2x kill.. pretty ridiculous haha.