Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-06-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I didn't see anything wrong with the way Gonzo played. He got a lot of **** for claiming JOAT, but that was actually true, so you can't criticize him for that. I really don't see the problem with laying out suspicions of multiple people. The fact is, the most adamant people against him were mafia(vidae, GOW, SBH(he wanted to be mafia)) just acting that way intentionally to divide the town and get him lynched if possible, only to back away and blame Gonzo once he turned up good.
That is why I was so sure about them really and why I used the either you are dumb or evil line haha.

I am still curious, did you in fact try to kill me night one mafia?

I think revealing early may not have been the smartest play but I really did not want to go the way of Shane and I was sure the mafia tried to kill me night one. Damn you Forenci!!!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if traitor doesn't count as evil i don't count as good

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Still, a 1x kill (that didn't disappear when you missed with it), a Vigilante, and the potential to 2x kill.. pretty ridiculous haha.
Well as you saw a lot of the time townie vigilante's take out other townies.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That makes absolutely no sense. Fenikz, even your own town members and the person who created the gd game are saying the town was overpowered. Stop arguing this point.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my point is entirely valid you go argue some other point if you don't like it!

btw I like how on this forum listing facts gets construed as having opinions

Old 07-06-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
That makes absolutely no sense. Fenikz, even your own town members and the person who created the gd game are saying the town was overpowered. Stop arguing this point.
Just a tad OP. Just a tad. I was so incredibly frustrated a lot of the game and had so much fun as well. Would play again.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A tad? Okay. Three people who could kill, two who could investigate against 4 mafia, one with no powers.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

how is BP and a murderer not a power?

Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Hey guys, I just got back home. Here are some of my thoughts.

First, I want to thank you all for participating in my first attempt at moderating one of these games. I know there were a few bumps in the road but I hope it didn't take away from the game too much. I learned a few things that I can definitely use the next time I run a mafia game.

1. The town was too overpowered.
2. I need to shut up. If people have questions, there i nothing wrong with leaving things to the imagination.
3. Modding one of these is harder than it looks from the outside.

To answer a few of your questions. In order for sbh to become a member of the mafia, the mafia had to target him. Kill, stalk, block, or thief. Unfortunately for the mafia, the one time they targeted him, he was put in detention by Cigaro.

Why did Gonzo not lose his kill? Because he attacked the Godfather. I thought if I told him his kill was lost, he would know he wasn't blocked, thus telling him Vidae was bulletproof. Since there are no good bulletproof roles, I thought that would be unfair.

Forenci was a protector. But what he didn't know was that he was an over-protector. He blocked all kill actions and 50% of all other actions. That is why Shane's investigation of Caddy failed.

Night actions coming soon.
you cant just give him his kill back if he uses it on someone unless he is blocked.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am still curious, did you in fact try to kill me night one mafia?
Yes. I wanted to kill Cigaro but Caddy and vidae were very much about killing you haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
if traitor doesn't count as evil i don't count as good
For the record I do think this game SBH and yourself were honorary mafia.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't get why you keep claiming I was some sort of BP Serial Killer. Was I BP? Ya, but every Mafia has the ability to kill each night. Every single one. It's not like the Mafia got two kills a night, we got the standard one kill.

Stop claiming it's a power. It isn't. It's a standard thing in every single game.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really was rooting for you after I died. If I hadn't died I would have brought your name up as potentially being evil but your reveal sealed it. No way in my mind to you come forward as being able to kill if you are evil and knowing the show it made sense that Ryan would be vigilante. I was hoping the town would see that but it all worked out anyway.
I think we did pretty well. We both tried to kill vidae, I nabbed broth and you got Renji. I would have won if people joined me in voting Grizz a day earlier. Surprised Rufus didn't do so after suggesting it. I guess RufusMcGee was not to be. Oh well. At least nobody hurt Autumn Reeser.

Forenci was a misstep, I suppose, but there was a 90% chance he wasn't going to be around and he was a mystery at that point. May as well have everybody out in the open at that point.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Yes. I wanted to kill Cigaro but Caddy and vidae were very much about killing you haha
Hold up, hold up. I said I didn't want to kill Gonzo in case he was telling the truth about not being able to die at night.. Caddy said he was lying.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
******* knew it. Suck my balls Vidae and Caddy! I nearly took Caddy out night 2 but went Vidae. The damn town seems to have a hard on for Vidae every game though so I was called a crazy person when I said Vidae was bulletproof. At least I got my kill back and took out Caddy/GOW which for me was so incredibly satisfying. I could not help but laugh when people called me selfish for commuting night one.
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was 50/50 on whether McGee was telling the truth. Like I had said in the thread, McGee seemed smarter than to just come out like that as a SK, pretty much would ruin any chance of victory. At the same time, I just wondered if that's exactly what he was thinking. But I knew he was going to target Forenci, who I suspected as being evil, so I jailkept sbh, who was using the same go after Gonzo tactic that vidae and GOW were using.

Also, watching some of the arguments at the end of the game after I died were painful. Most of the town players seemed clueless about what had happened earlier in the game half the time.

The town may have been OP, but at least in this game it didn't really take affect. The power roles really didn't reveal useful information all game, while townies like me led lynches against good guys. Really surprised to see no SK at all.

Will we be seeing roles/night actions?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

youre so very wrong

SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I originally legitimately thought you were the SK and were just playing horribly the first few nights but once things started unfolding in discussions, I actually believed you when you said you were the vigilante which is why I was trying to push for you to die. That being said, wow, the town had a 1xVig, a full-time one, and the potential for fenikz to be a 4xVig too. I like to think that offsets the possibility of a potential 5th mafioso...haha
I so would have killed you if one of Rufus or Deep was lynched instead of me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did gonzo send in his kill faster than us that night that i died? The mafia decided my moves although i didnt confirm. I think in the future, even if we are mafia, if im the roleblocker, i should still be able to choose for myself. Just saying. I wouldve blocked gonzo just to save myself.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
******* knew it. Suck my balls Vidae and Caddy! I nearly took Caddy out night 2 but went Vidae. The damn town seems to have a hard on for Vidae every game though so I was called a crazy person when I said Vidae was bulletproof. At least I got my kill back and took out Caddy/GOW which for me was so incredibly satisfying. I could not help but laugh when people called me selfish for commuting night one.
You are seriously a dumbshit. Read what I said. I didn't want to kill you, Caddy did.

And I am going to kill you every single game I play with you from here on out for the rest of time. If you die the first night you'll know it was me. Every. single. time.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I should have never dropped my thief=rolecop theory. Turns out it was spot on.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I was 50/50 on whether McGee was telling the truth. Like I had said in the thread, McGee seemed smarter than to just come out like that as a SK, pretty much would ruin any chance of victory. At the same time, I just wondered if that's exactly what he was thinking. But I knew he was going to target Forenci, who I suspected as being evil, so I jailkept sbh, who was using the same go after Gonzo tactic that vidae and GOW were using.

Also, watching some of the arguments at the end of the game after I died were painful. Most of the town players seemed clueless about what had happened earlier in the game half the time.

The town may have been OP, but at least in this game it didn't really take affect. The power roles really didn't reveal useful information all game, while townies like me led lynches against good guys. Really surprised to see no SK at all.

Will we be seeing roles/night actions?
i mean you did get to kill half the mafia with your powers.

Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I so would have killed you if one of Rufus or Deep was lynched instead of me.
I know, that's why I had to get you lynched :-) haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I think we did pretty well. We both tried to kill vidae, I nabbed broth and you got Renji. I would have won if people joined me in voting Grizz a day earlier. Surprised Rufus didn't do so after suggesting it. I guess RufusMcGee was not to be. Oh well. At least nobody hurt Autumn Reeser.

Forenci was a misstep, I suppose, but there was a 90% chance he wasn't going to be around and he was a mystery at that point. May as well have everybody out in the open at that point.
I didn't really have a problem with that kill. I thought you nailed it earlier when you said that at the point of the game you were at there was maybe only one non bullet proof evil yet so you had a very high chance of killing someone good. Losing Forenci wasn't much of a lose really. Without Broth and GOW being killed at night the mafia has a good chance of winning so go us! SBH getting himself modkilled ended up really helping the town.
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Also I should have never dropped my thief=rolecop theory. Turns out it was spot on.
Nah, I didn't really have investigative powers. My thieving ability really only allowed me to take items if they had them. I made up all the investigative stuff.

sig by BoneKrusher