Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-06-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And once again, you didn't know ANYTHING. You didn't KNOW I was Bulletproof, you SUSPECTED I was Bulletproof.

Like I said, and JR can confirm, I did correctly guess the song and it did give me a 1x Commute.

You didn't know **** but you're still here claiming you're the greatest. I'm so sick of your crap.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Did gonzo send in his kill faster than us that night that i died? The mafia decided my moves although i didnt confirm. I think in the future, even if we are mafia, if im the roleblocker, i should still be able to choose for myself. Just saying. I wouldve blocked gonzo just to save myself.
I sent my kill in before the day ended. Right when that day ended I sent a PM saying I was still killing you. Like I said, I was 99 percent sure you were evil at the point just with the way you had played. I had been saying all that day I was going to investigate or track because I figured I would not be protected again (damn you Forenci!) and would likely die but not be roleblocked so I needed to kill someone evil.

Who did you roleblock? Would you have really killed and roleblocked me?
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
SBH getting himself modkilled ended up really helping the town.
Yes it did. I was trying to get McGee lynched there and then I probably would have stole from SBH again and recruited him while killing someone else.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And once again, you didn't know ANYTHING. You didn't KNOW I was Bulletproof, you SUSPECTED I was Bulletproof.

Like I said, and JR can confirm, I did correctly guess the song and it did give me a 1x Commute.

You didn't know **** but you're still here claiming you're the greatest. I'm so sick of your crap.
I realized later in the game that it was perfectly possible that you won the song but didn't use it. I know you said you used it in other places, but when you were saying that at the end of the game we could ask JR to confirm, you were saying only that we ask him to confirm that you won, not that you used it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hold up. Of course I didn't know. If I wrote that I mispoke. I heavily suspected. In my mind I was either blocked or you were bulletproof. I did not believe you commuted though. Turns out you actually did win that but I did not believe it.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I sent my kill in before the day ended. Right when that day ended I sent a PM saying I was still killing you. Like I said, I was 99 percent sure you were evil at the point just with the way you had played. I had been saying all that day I was going to investigate or track because I figured I would not be protected again (damn you Forenci!) and would likely die but not be roleblocked so I needed to kill someone evil.

Who did you roleblock? Would you have really killed and roleblocked me?
Yes i would have. I was 100% sure you wouldve attacked me, but i was out for dinner and vidae decided to let me block woot so that we can clear videa from being a Roleblocker. I didnt get a word in and vidae decided it. JR shouldve waited for my approval. it was my power afterall.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I realized later in the game that it was perfectly possible that you won the song but didn't use it. I know you said you used it in other places, but when you were saying that at the end of the game we could ask JR to confirm, you were saying only that we ask him to confirm that you won, not that you used it.
Yes, because he can't (or shouldn't have) confirmed anything like roles or abilities used. I was saying he would confirm it at the end of the game, not during.

TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I completely disagree with everything you said here.

It does us no good to have some random "evil" town member out there that we can't communicate with. Your contention is that so what, he was still anti town! but the biggest advantage the Mafia has is the ability to speak.

Would you feel the same way if the Mafia couldn't speak at night, but were all anti-town? No, of course not. It goes the same way here.

There are many anti-town roles that you don't count towards the Mafia. Serial Killer, Scavenger, Survivor, etc. A traitor, who doesn't get "recruited" is in the same vein.
IBC saying a Traitor is basically a Townie because he was never found is ludicrous, though. Lets settle on his true status, which is neutral. He can't be lined up as mafia since he's conditional, but since he could become mafia, he can't be completely dismissed. But ultimately, it's a role that benefits the mafia more than the town, and the fact that he went unused or couldn't communicate with the main faction doesn't take that away for me.

I'll agree that the town was more powerful, but I think I played one of my best games ever, so I'm pleased with myself!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
You are seriously a dumbshit. Read what I said. I didn't want to kill you, Caddy did.

And I am going to kill you every single game I play with you from here on out for the rest of time. If you die the first night you'll know it was me. Every. single. time.
Someone is angry. I wrote this before you said it was all Caddy. Settle down. At least I was right about you playing classic Vidae when evil :)
Old 07-06-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
IBC saying a Traitor is basically a Townie because he was never found is ludicrous, though. Lets settle on his true status, which is neutral. He can't be lined up as mafia since he's conditional, but since he could become mafia, he can't be completely dismissed. But ultimately, it's a role that benefits the mafia more than the town, and the fact that he went unused or couldn't communicate with the main faction doesn't take that away for me.

I'll agree that the town was more powerful, but I think I played one of my best games ever, so I'm pleased with myself!
i mean at best he wastes one of our abilities for a night. Its not exactly helping us.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I considered targeting you on the night I killed broth, but decided against it and ended up lucky to do so as Cigaro had jailkept you.

Then I tried the next night and of course I was the one jailkept. Bah. Was really hoping I could prove your bulletproof-ness.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts

JR did a great job modding the game considering it was your first mod. The design was slightly flawed but you admitted to that.

I think if I'm with the town I'm going to have to kill Grizz on spec day 1 I was in awe of how he worked this game.

I was sure vidae and Caddy were in trouble several times and they escaped with their lives well done by the two of them.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Someone is angry. I wrote this before you said it was all Caddy. Settle down. At least I was right about you playing classic Vidae when evil :)
Like I was evil in the SS game? Oh wait. :)

Old 07-06-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Like I was evil in the SS game? Oh wait. :)
That was actually awesome because I knew you weren't evil. I was right there with you going after Woot and loving every second. This game you and Caddy went after me just like we went after Woot last game which did not compute because let's be real, I don't withhold info like Woot and I am not as ******* insane as him haha.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

you are worse than him

Old 07-06-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i mean at best he wastes one of our abilities for a night. Its not exactly helping us.
This is something I was thinking too. I had the same thing happen in the HP game when I was mafia. There were a couple guys that we could have recruited to make us a lot more powerful but at the same time, when there are soooo many power roles within the town, you have to use all of your resources blocking/framing/killing all the power roles that unless you randomly hit correctly on recruiting the player night one, those recruit triggers probably aren't happening.

Something to think about for first time mods, you can't allow triggers to be the thing that will balance the mafia/town ratio. It's actually better to set-up the game so that you think the mafia might be slightly over-powered. If that is the case, then you typically get a really good, close game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

When creating a game, the Mafia should always SEEM more overpowered at the start. There are less of them (by a good margin usually).

Old 07-06-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shouldn't the mafia gladly exchange a wasted ability for adding a member, even if it's a wasted kill? Normally, you'd have the kill him in order to recruit him. JR had it setup where you could just Thief him, and you'd recruit him, and all the while you could kill someone. Sounds like a good thing to me, and had ya'll done that, it's a big boost.

Say I was the Traitor and SBH was the vanilla townie. I would have turned the Gonzo lynch, been investigated as good (or mistakenly evil) by Killswitch, and then become evil when you guys targeted to kill me. When JR created the game, he had no idea who would get which role and how events would unfold.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Night actions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FbE1xWjJYT mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

So I ******* died because Forenci didn't sent in his night action day 4? God dammit. Well good work until then sir.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would of been nice if Gonzo died night 1

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You would target me, broth. How do my fists taste, *****!?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

not when he claims townie.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was feeling good about finding good guy role after good guy role. Just to find out that everyone had a good guy role.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Shouldn't the mafia gladly exchange a wasted ability for adding a member, even if it's a wasted kill? Normally, you'd have the kill him in order to recruit him. JR had it setup where you could just Thief him, and you'd recruit him, and all the while you could kill someone. Sounds like a good thing to me, and had ya'll done that, it's a big boost.

Say I was the Traitor and SBH was the vanilla townie. I would have turned the Gonzo lynch, been investigated as good (or mistakenly evil) by Killswitch, and then become evil when you guys targeted to kill me. When JR created the game, he had no idea who would get which role and how events would unfold.
Say I was an Investigator and you were the Thief. And Fenikz was x, and Cigaro was y.

Playing that game doesn't actually do anything. :p