Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-06-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I was feeling good about finding good guy role after good guy role. Just to find out that everyone had a good guy role.
Yeah, Stalker wasn't all that useful for us to be honest. We did find out that Shane targeted Caddy, but Shane was going to die anyway.

Not having a rolecop kind of sucked.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Why did my first investigation fail?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

forenci over protection

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Why did my first investigation fail?
Forenci apparently had a 50% chance to block any other action in addition to protecting the player from death.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Forenci apparently had a 50% chance to block any other action in addition to protecting the player from death.
That is poop :(

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now that this game is done, how long until Draftopia Daily News starts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The town had an advantage, for sure. But there were quite a few negative roles for them. Two millers and two fathers aren't helping the town.

I thought the mother was the same thing, at first. Fenikz revealing that he had vig powers outside of the thread didn't help me any.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So now that this game is done, how long until Draftopia Daily News starts?
Monday. Broth's game will have to fill the void for now. If that ends quickly, BB and I were both discussing 10-15 person quick games this weekend if we're bored haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
The town had an advantage, for sure. But there were quite a few negative roles for them. Two millers and two fathers aren't helping the town.

I thought the mother was the same thing, at first. Fenikz revealing that he had vig powers outside of the thread didn't help me any.
Ya kind of a dick move on Fenikz' part there. Damn you Fenikz!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Say I was an Investigator and you were the Thief. And Fenikz was x, and Cigaro was y.

Playing that game doesn't actually do anything. :p
People are refusing to see the game layout and the possibilities it provided, and instead focus on what happened to lead them to their opinion. As long as they do that, they'll come to a skewed conclusion. Obviously, the town will seem more powerful since the town won. If it turned out the mafia won, we'd be having a different argument. In the past, I've seen you argue against the exact same points you're making in regard to this game. It's just that in the past one, you were part of the town who had won and I was the mafia who had lost and felt the town was OP.

It's all perspective, and until people decide to see what could have been rather than what was, opinions will come out skewed.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Ya kind of a dick move on Fenikz' part there. Damn you Fenikz!!!
jrd revealed Father in the thread don't see why it's a problem

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
jrd revealed Father in the thread don't see why it's a problem

Well I think that may be part of what he referred to when he said he needs to keep his mouth shut.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
People are refusing to see the game layout and the possibilities it provided, and instead focus on what happened to lead them to their opinion. As long as they do that, they'll come to a skewed conclusion. Obviously, the town will seem more powerful since the town won. If it turned out the mafia won, we'd be having a different argument. In the past, I've seen you argue against the exact same points you're making in regard to this game. It's just that in the past one, you were part of the town who had won and I was the mafia who had lost and felt the town was OP.

It's all perspective, and until people decide to see what could have been rather than what was, opinions will come out skewed.
Is that really what is happening when the guy who created the game and other members of the town are also saying the town was overpowered?

Old 07-06-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is that really what is happening when the guy who created the game and other members of the town are also saying the town was overpowered?
The town really wasn't that overpowered though. Like I said, just a tad
Old 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

All things considered, you really can't factor in triggers. Without SBH, the town was definitely OP. With SBH, the mafia may have had a better chance, sure, but I think the balance of power would still have been in the town's favor slightly. Either way, it was still an enjoyable game and I wish I would have chosen to pick someone else to kill that last night. I knew I had zero chance after wooty survived, hence the falling on my own sword thing. If I had gotten a kill that night, I was going to go after Rufus or Deep and say that I stole a gun from them. I still don't think I would have won but I was going to do my best to make it interesting haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-06-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry mcgee for lynching you, I really wanted to go with grizz, but it didn't seem like anyone else wanted to go that direction.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well then i was a townie since you can't factor in triggers

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, at least my team won.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
well then i was a townie since you can't factor in triggers
Honestly, you never got to use your ability so I really wasn't factoring it in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-06-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Well I think that may be part of what he referred to when he said he needs to keep his mouth shut.
That's exactly what I meant by that. I created a few new roles and when asked, I should have kept my mouth shut. Next time, I'll do that.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 07-06-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much cause I'm talking about the thought process.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or defend the town. Honestly. I just think it's funny how the Traitor counts as a Townie because the mafia never triggered him, and how the town was apparently given two investigators by the mod because the town, through their actions, were able to figure out Killswitch was an incompetant cop and otherwise avoid a big landmine for the town. No one wants to state that the mafia recruiting the Traitor would have been a big boost or that Killswitch's role caused him to push for Gonzo's lynching, and they don't say it because it would make their side seem better off. Some of it was just luck, and you can't go blaming the mod for bad luck.

Like I said, perhaps the town was more powerful. That's not what's interesting to me. What's interesting is how people are presenting things for their side, and I just think if people thought about how things could have gone differently, then it'll open their eyes. But no one will do that since it risks their side seeming less disadvantaged.

All of which is silly, since we all should be reaching the same conclusion, but people refuse to reach a more accurate one due to spiteful or petty desires to make their plight more sympathetic. This happens every game, and you see it in the post game comments. I'm certainly guilty of it too. Personally, I blame Gonzo.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I don't like disagreeing with Vidae. :(

Vidaes are meant to love TH! LOVE TH!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Scapegoat for everything bad that happens in mafia games. Always. Fact is I played a great game and proved that deduction is king. I am always baffled by how reliant people are on getting information from actions. I may not have always been right but for the most part I was :)

Also note how I never get butthurt and complain like all you fools.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much cause I'm talking about the thought process.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or defend the town. Honestly. I just think it's funny how the Traitor counts as a Townie because the mafia never triggered him, and how the town was apparently given two investigators by the mod because the town, through their actions, were able to figure out Killswitch was an incompetant cop and otherwise avoid a big landmine for the town. No one wants to state that the mafia recruiting the Traitor would have been a big boost or that Killswitch's role caused him to push for Gonzo's lynching, and they don't say it because it would make their side seem better off. Some of it was just luck, and you can't go blaming the mod for bad luck.

Like I said, perhaps the town was more powerful. That's not what's interesting to me. What's interesting is how people are presenting things for their side, and I just think if people thought about how things could have gone differently, then it'll open their eyes. But no one will do that since it risks their side seeming less disadvantaged.

All of which is silly, since we all should be reaching the same conclusion, but people refuse to reach a more accurate one due to spiteful or petty desires to make their plight more sympathetic. This happens every game, and you see it in the post game comments. I'm certainly guilty of it too. Personally, I blame Gonzo.
Quote:
I don't like disagreeing with Vidae. :(

Vidaes are meant to love TH! LOVE TH!
That post resonated a bit more with me than the first one, so I do get what you're saying. I understand, I just don't COMPLETELY agree is all. I can absolutely see where you're coming from, and there is nothing but love on this side of the table.

But yeah, everyone blame Gonzo and call it a day!

Old 07-06-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

The person I was most impressed with was McGee. He didn't kill the first two night. Then the first two guys he chooses to kill are mafia members. I don't know if it was deduction or pure luck but it was still impressive.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: