Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah, that really threw me off. I would have taken out McGee first thing that day if I had known it could actually be done. He ended up going anyway so it really didn't matter.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You were on my original rant before it accidentally got deleted.

Play the whole damn game like we know you can. You are a smart dude and just coasted for the first few days. The town really could have used a voice of reason with Gonzo screaming incoherent babble.
I actually think Bulldogs was one of the only townies who actually contributed. His vote idea was the only thing that redeemed what I will argue to the death is an OP power, in closing the day early for the mafia.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go ahead and explain myself.

The lateness was never intended. I was obviously around. But I had spent points to recruit a mason, I felt it would be a waste to just ignore him and submit night actions with out talking to him. Alas, he isn't really around on the weekends, and even so, our weekend conversations didn't really change what I was going to do so. So I probably should have just gone ahead and pulled the trigger, and I know it sucked for everyone else and I apologize for that aspect, but I'm not going to lie, I don't feel that badly about prolonging the game under the circumstances. Today was a little different, but I was honestly surprised at the backlash.

As for vigilante kills, eh, the not getting the information until the next day pretty much ended that for me. Investigating someone would come up into the paper right away, a kill would require a full day of waiting, plus there's no certainty. I could have killed McGee, but I also could have killed Caddy.

Some may not like the fact that I protected kill those last two nights, but kill was the only person I could trust 100%. His death would have doubled my points, but I would rather keep him around. At that point in the game, I didn't feel anyone else would have been that much more helpful to achieving a victory for the town.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Play the whole damn game like we know you can. You are a smart dude and just coasted for the first few days. The town really could have used a voice of reason with Gonzo screaming incoherent babble.
That, and BD, you're one of the guys we know half asses it when you don't have a power role. In those cases, you should really be playing even more balls to the wall since you don't have nearly as much to lose if you get yourself killed.

ATL is another who puts in about half effort if he doesn't have a power role. It's disappointing when you guys do that because either of you is capable of swinging the balance if you're really into it.
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Threw me for a loop. That was why I killed Caddy, figured he wouldn't be watched and didn't matter that I sent McGee. Was my mistake and dumb decision.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a funny writeup for it, like Caddy was recording himself doing an audition tape for Australian Idol or Survivor or something, and the killer didn't see the camera, but I wasn't sure what we were going to do so it never made it in.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I had a funny writeup for it, like Caddy was recording himself doing an audition tape for Australian Idol or Survivor or something, and the killer didn't see the camera, but I wasn't sure what we were going to do so it never made it in.
I told you to make it creepy!

Snicho
Veteran

Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I quite enjoyed the game whilst I was alive. I liked the fact that the info wasnt given to just the one person, but to everyone in the thread, if we had only used it a bit better....
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I actually think Bulldogs was one of the only townies who actually contributed. His vote idea was the only thing that redeemed what I will argue to the death is an OP power, in closing the day early for the mafia.
I don't think it was OPed after reading the Avenger's role and realizing that everything the Avenger did was unblockable. They balanced each other out.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah I kinda coasted on purpose. Starting Day Three (I think it was) I went pretty insane. I had like four posts the first two days. I just didn't want to die early, it wasn't as if I wasn't reading. I honestly thought I was doing a good job, really didn't expect the coroner report to be false. Wish I had thought of that.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Snicho
Veteran

Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also kudos for Bulldogs for working out from the write up that i was a protector, but then when you went on your rant about the vote thing I lost a little bit of faith in you.
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No side was overpowered. We made it as balanced as possible. The town really screwed themselves by a) following the op-ed pieces as gospel, b) D-Unit getting himself modkilled, and c) not questioning Shane more about a power that was very clearly a lie.

Oh well, whatever. I really hope you guys enjoyed yourselves. It was an out there idea but we had fun making and modding it for the most part.

SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was in stitches reading BB's piece on Gonzo!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I told you to make it creepy!
That's my fault...I don't know how to do creepy I guess...haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't think it was OPed after reading the Avenger's role and realizing that everything the Avenger did was unblockable. They balanced each other out.
I think it takes away from the fundamental element of mafia games, the day. It is basically a free kill for the mafia, who can already kill...

Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought someone would figure out the coroner reports were false. Between the pictures and how it took a whole day to get roles.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I think it takes away from the fundamental element of mafia games, the day. It is basically a free kill for the mafia, who can already kill...
It isn't a free kill for the Mafia at all. It was because of the way the town was playing in this game, but it isn't a guaranteed kill.

killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's time to sit out a few games.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
No side was overpowered. We made it as balanced as possible. The town really screwed themselves by a) following the op-ed pieces as gospel, b) D-Unit getting himself modkilled, and c) not questioning Shane more about a power that was very clearly a lie.

Oh well, whatever. I really hope you guys enjoyed yourselves. It was an out there idea but we had fun making and modding it for the most part.
I did... Several times. :(

Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to discredit myself. I was wrong about Deep, the Aussie and German stuff I thought was clear ******** and wanted to see who ran with it. I was wrong about Deep, that one is on me. Knew Shane was evil and I feel good about my late sbh and broth suspicions. Not sure what else I was to do with an editorial screech besides throw out accusations and see who followed.
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people shouldve known once JRD come out with his role.

At least gonzo got hammered.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was supposed to be a superhero type of character...since this game revolved around a newspaper, we were jokingly calling him "Spiderman" early on.

Hence him being very good.

I also want to know why the mafia thought their Shield (a newspaper editor) could stop Vigilante kills? He could stop articles from making it into the paper...a kill is a bit outside of his jurisdiction.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I would like to apologize to Caddy/Snicho. I had a feeling somebody was lying about the votes because I was almost positive ATL voted Killswitch. With Shane also voting Kill, there couldn't have been two groups with two votes. I chose the wrong group.
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
It isn't a free kill for the Mafia at all. It was because of the way the town was playing in this game, but it isn't a guaranteed kill.
At that point they had what? 5 members. That was more than the second player got in votes. IE free kill. No point arguing as we clearly disagree.

Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Right, these aren't really "Mafia" games anymore. I think we can all safely say they have evolved into soemthing else, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!