Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-16-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I did... Several times. :(
You were the only one who suspected Shane early on, or at least voiced your opinion. Everyone else ate it up that he was an Investigator and that his investigations somehow didn't make it into the paper.. the very thing this entire game was based on..

It was a good catch by you but I already told you that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I thought someone would figure out the coroner reports were false. Between the pictures and how it took a whole day to get roles.
I didn't realize the picture thing until I had done it a few times already. I had pictures of each ready to go...but not for fake ones.

No one questioned it though. Even after 4 mafia members were dead, including the Undertaker, but only 2 had pictures...
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, these aren't really "Mafia" games anymore. I think we can all safely say they have evolved into soemthing else, lol.
This is true. I'm probably going to sit them out from now on, unless a certain theme gains my interest.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we wanted to try something new. Some things worked and some clearly didn't, but I'd call this a pretty successful game overall.

I hope you guys had fun at least.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It also didn't help that Forenci and Deep put in zero god damn effort. Forenci never even told us who he voted, and Deep pratically gave up. Come on.

This game really screwed me because what I'm good at is looking at who people side with and whatnot. Shane going hard after Deep and Forenci who I believed to be mafia messed with my head. It was the same with SBH. I didn't like the way either was playing and was suspicious, but couldn't get how they'd go after their own guys. McGee had a ridiculous power.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing that disappointed me was the mafia talking late about leaving certain people alive because they could be manipulated more easily.

That's where the "follower" issue comes in. Some people are just followers who follow whatever the big personalities are doing. And as you can see with Shane in this game, the town-aligned "followers" didn't question him enough and it led to their demise.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not like i told you that you shouldnt believe the editorial.

I told you so.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Threw me for a loop. That was why I killed Caddy, figured he wouldn't be watched and didn't matter that I sent McGee. Was my mistake and dumb decision.
Sending McGee was reckless, man. The town not knowing we could alter coroner results was part of the key to your investigator strategy. I thought once they saw his powers, they'd turn on you in a heart beat.

Also, McGee and me finally won together! Go us!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Essentially we had:

Forenci: Didn't talk for like a day and a half straight. Got killed, believed to be mafia.

D-Unit: Tracker who gets himself mod-killed. This is a fairly important power.

Deep: Pretty much gave up.

Gonzo: Went for the right people late in the game but his write-ups were pretty horrid.

Hard to win with all that going on.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

What was the deal with me being the Avenger's gf? I had no idea.
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Sending McGee was reckless, man. The town not knowing we could alter coroner results was part of the key to your investigator strategy. I thought once they saw his powers, they'd turn on you in a heart beat.

Also, McGee and me finally won together! Go us!
They already knew he was bad via Cigaro the night before. I don't think it ultimately changed much.

Heck, had I NOT sent McGee, we probably would have lost.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

killx, cig, gonzo and cj all went for me hard for no reason.

Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now for the game more generally;

Can not say I am really a fan of McGee's role. Just so much of this game is based upon alignment details, that when that is thrown for a loop its hard to figure out what to go on. Maybe I'm just bitter that it mindfucked me, but it seems overpowered IMO.

I feel extremely dumb now that I never posted my theory on Shane/Forenci. I had a theory that Forenci had been framed/altered so it would appear that we trust Shane, but I for some reason or another just never voiced it. Makes me a sad panda.

On the editorial, I really don't think it is that obvious that it would be unreliable. It was after Brody, but at first I thought it was a guy who was an investigator and using the column to air what he found.

As for the picture thing, I noticed it but took the wrong interpretation. I saw TH's picture and it simply did not seem evil, so I thought maybe he was the one altered and it was some clue.

The mafia did a good job in this IMO. I should have acted upon my sbh suspicion at that last minute. I had considered switching to vote for him. But then I got dumb and cast that third vote(my biggest mistake of the game). Shane was pretty bold, but that worked at least for me. I have no problems admitting that I was completely fooled, I thought that he wouldn't go out and make up an investigative role if it weren't true. The whole 'rogue reporter' thing was sketchy, but I didn't know how this game was setup. Broth didn't broth up as much as he normally does in these games, but I never really pressed him on that enough.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm assuming my fact-checks could have gone a long way in letting the town know Gonzo's accusations were ********?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
What was the deal with me being the Avenger's gf? I had no idea.
I didn't either. Up until the end I was assuming you were linked with another so far unaccounted for player, possible masons.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Dude. WE ARE PLAYING AGAINST A CORRUPT NEWSPAPER. How is it not obvious that something in the newspaper could be unreliable...

BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Also, the day Deep was lynched...it was:

A.) Take Shane's word (which you should have been questioning) that Deep was bad. No other concrete evidence.

B.) Lynch McGee who lives in a haunted house in a cemetery, sleeps in a coffin, and has dead cats and body parts lying around.

You chose option A....

Old 07-16-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to have fun with my role and really did not think the town would take an editorial as gospel. I tried to draw out mafia with my claims bit they did a good job not taking the bait. Lets be real here though, Shane was obviously evil and I called out his strategy. I called out Broth many times as well. Nobody listens to be so all of you who say I played a bad game can suck my balls. At least I am not a follower.
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played like **** and I'll be the first to admit it! this was my first time as full on mafia and I had no idea how to handle myself during the open thread. Shane played brilliantly though and he and Broth pretty much pushed the mafia to victory.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So I'm assuming my fact-checks could have gone a long way in letting the town know Gonzo's accusations were ********?
Well it became obvious day two with Brody. Although it would have cleared up Deep Throat earlier, most likely.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

I like how gonzo is not biased at all but just basically went against the three people that voted for him. On day 1.

Spectacular game.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I tried to have fun with my role and really did not think the town would take an editorial as gospel. I tried to draw out mafia with my claims bit they did a good job not taking the bait. Lets be real here though, Shane was obviously evil and I called out his strategy. I called out Broth many times as well. Nobody listens to be so all of you who say I played a bad game can suck my balls. At least I am not a follower.
you called out no one. NOT ONE. Evil person in your editorials.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Dude. WE ARE PLAYING AGAINST A CORRUPT NEWSPAPER. How is it not obvious that something in the newspaper could be unreliable...
It was an editorial, it could just have easily have been the one bastion for truth.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
It was an editorial, it could just have easily have been the one bastion for truth.
it was still unreliable cause it was based on nothing.

Seriously though you guys really thought, after the people in the first editorial were mentioned and everyone voted gonzo, that it actually held some truth?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Also, the day Deep was lynched...it was:

A.) Take Shane's word (which you should have been questioning) that Deep was bad. No other concrete evidence.

B.) Lynch McGee who lives in a haunted house in a cemetery, sleeps in a coffin, and has dead cats and body parts lying around.

You chose option A....

I didn't trust The Avenger to be honest. I thought he could have been apart of the mafia. At that point to me it made a ton of sense, I'm the one who made the connection between him, TH, and Forenci. With TH and Forenci already appearing bad it looked like a slam dunk at the time. Hell, a day later it still looked like a slam dunk. Again, it doesn't help they put in no effort.