Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
What was the deal with me being the Avenger's gf? I had no idea.
I wanted to tell you, but they talked me out of it. He would have gotten 5 points to spend the night you died, the most any character could have given him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So I'm assuming my fact-checks could have gone a long way in letting the town know Gonzo's accusations were ********?
Not Gonzo's because his were, as all EDITORIALS are, OPINIONS. A 5 second Google search would have told you that.

Like Grizz said in his comments, our generation just knows nothing of newspapers anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Dude. WE ARE PLAYING AGAINST A CORRUPT NEWSPAPER. How is it not obvious that something in the newspaper could be unreliable...
We all figures some of the smarter players would figure out that something might be up with the Coroner's Report but no one ever did.

Also, I'm a little surprised Renji's bitching is on the side of the mods for once. It's appreciated. He seems to have grasped what was going on here.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

once McGee's role was public, by the way, I thought we were screwed. when Cigaro started talking about his batshit insane theory I thought he was on to McGee changing deaths to make Shane look trustworthy
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why you guys thought Deep Throat was bad. Deep Throat during Watergate was a source who outed the scandal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I wanted to tell you, but they talked me out of it. He would have gotten 5 points to spend the night you died, the most any character could have given him.

Not Gonzo's because his were, as all EDITORIALS are, OPINIONS. A 5 second Google search would have told you that.

Like Grizz said in his comments, our generation just knows nothing of newspapers anymore.

We all figures some of the smarter players would figure out that something might be up with the Coroner's Report but no one ever did.

Also, I'm a little surprised Renji's bitching is on the side of the mods for once. It's appreciated. He seems to have grasped what was going on here.
I liked the setup. I bitched a lot in this game about the incompetence but what are you going to do.

I did feel the coroner was a little bit overpowered, but then i saw the picture thing. Still, i think two is still way to OP.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I tried to have fun with my role and really did not think the town would take an editorial as gospel. I tried to draw out mafia with my claims bit they did a good job not taking the bait. Lets be real here though, Shane was obviously evil and I called out his strategy. I called out Broth many times as well. Nobody listens to be so all of you who say I played a bad game can suck my balls. At least I am not a follower.
You didn't really dissuade the town when they followed your editorial info though. I'm as happy as anyone that you called out NO mafia members in there ever, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know why you guys thought Deep Throat was bad. Deep Throat during Watergate was a source who outed the scandal.
At first we didn't.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I liked the setup. I bitched a lot in this game about the incompetence but what are you going to do.

I did feel the coroner was a little bit overpowered, but then i saw the picture thing. Still, i think two is still way to OP.
Yeah, but also remember all the Avenger's actions were unblockable. Heck, he could have just killed the whole mafia other than me himself if he wanted to and we couldn't stop it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Okay, following the game, I thought I could have fact-checked everything, even editorials. I guess not.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
At first we didn't.
Yup, then Gonzo's next editorial said he was bad. I'm not sure Gonzo knew exactly what he meant by Deep Throat, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I think I was insulted by Shane in the quicktopic thread, but I can't quite tell.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly thought I was going to be killed day 1 when I did something I've done in every mafia game ever. I was thinking WTF? ATL is going to get me lynched like Caddy did in the FF game. Honestly I thought the editorial was a false seer type role. But I do have to say that I'm happy we followed Shane's plan instead of mine I don't think it would have worked. Also I would like to say that I LOL'd when Gonzo said that I was the GF because the mafia was brothing up so much.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, following the game, I thought I could have fact-checked everything, even editorials. I guess not.
You could have for anything other than the editorial. Night 2, you could have checked the Headline article and then the next day, there would have been a "Correction" saying that Broth actually STOLE money from charity, not donated.
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it was still unreliable cause it was based on nothing.

Seriously though you guys really thought, after the people in the first editorial were mentioned and everyone voted gonzo, that it actually held some truth?
I actually thought that would have given it away but apparently not. To be fair in my last unpublished article I wrote that I had proof Shane was an evil child molester.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually thought that would have given it away but apparently not. To be fair in my last unpublished article I wrote that I had proof Shane was an evil child molester.
i seriously cant believe you are defending your play.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deep Throat was "feeding" Gonzo with bad information.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I think I was insulted by Shane in the quicktopic thread, but I can't quite tell.
If I did, I apologize! Trust me, we killed you because we thought you were lowkey enough (i.e. not a Caddy/Renji/Gonzo,) to get watched but a good enough player that we wanted to get rid of you, haha.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what happens when you lynch me
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so did Gonzo just completely make up Deep Throat?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Yup, then Gonzo's next editorial said he was bad. I'm not sure Gonzo knew exactly what he meant by Deep Throat, lol.
I did think Deep was evil and I had fun making my articles as crazy as possible. I should have done more to discredit the articles early. Ah well, can't do it all myself :)
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I did think Deep was evil and I had fun making my articles as crazy as possible. I should have done more to discredit the articles early. Ah well, can't do it all myself :)
Nope, but we appreciate you helping us win

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Wait, so did Gonzo just completely make up Deep Throat?
I made everything up. The pm said have fun with it. I did.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
This is what happens when you lynch me
Sorry :(

But vote for suspicious guys next time! Should have listened to kill about you, you two have some strange connection.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
If I did, I apologize! Trust me, we killed you because we thought you were lowkey enough (i.e. not a Caddy/Renji/Gonzo,) to get watched but a good enough player that we wanted to get rid of you, haha.
You said "I think JR isn't quite there enough." I just wasn't sure what that meant. If that was an insult, I don't care one bit. If you are going to ***** and moan every time you are insulted during these games, you don't need to be playing.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-16-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You said "I think JR isn't quite there enough." I just wasn't sure what that meant. If that was an insult, I don't care one bit. If you are going to ***** and moan every time you are insulted during these games, you don't need to be playing.
He went after you after reading how valuable you were in your pm :)
Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He went after you after reading how valuable you were in your pm :)
Will you cut it out with this ****? It's such garbage that you keep bringing it up. Stop accusing someone of cheating after every god damn game. Sack up and act like an adult. ffs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote