Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-16-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, the only thing I think that really ****** us was the Coroner report. I think without it we'd have a shot.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You said "I think JR isn't quite there enough." I just wasn't sure what that meant. If that was an insult, I don't care one bit. If you are going to ***** and moan every time you are insulted during these games, you don't need to be playing.
Yeah, I have no clue, lol, sorry. I'm pretty sure it wasn't though. I was trying to get someone under the radar.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Will you cut it out with this ****? It's such garbage that you keep bringing it up. Stop accusing someone of cheating after every god damn game. Sack up and act like an adult. ffs.
Yes because I am being so serious? Why are all you mods so butthurt?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
He went after you after reading how valuable you were in your pm :)
It is pretty offensive that you suggest this every time. I think my teammates and mods can atest that this did not happen.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Again, the only thing I think that really ****** us was the Coroner report. I think without it we'd have a shot.
And this is further evidence against the OP'd arguments.

Even with the anonymous lynch, the Undertaker, the Hacker's Computer Virus, the majority of the town playing like ****...the mafia still JUST BARELY won.

The 4 of us mods at least wanted to make sure they had a chance. I mean, we've even see a number of 3rd party players and two full blown serial killers win, but true mafia wins are few and far between.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You said "I think JR isn't quite there enough." I just wasn't sure what that meant. If that was an insult, I don't care one bit. If you are going to ***** and moan every time you are insulted during these games, you don't need to be playing.
It was in response to this

Bort: I think we should target someone on the fringes someone who won't be considered for investigation.
Bort: That strategy worked real well in the OC game. If it weren't for McGee we could have possibly won that game in spite of the town being OP

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we also got pretty lucky with killing JRD the same night that Broth came back good
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
They already knew he was bad via Cigaro the night before. I don't think it ultimately changed much.

Heck, had I NOT sent McGee, we probably would have lost.
I guess so, and we were in a good spot there regardless. All we needed was one wrong lynch by the town.

McGee still got a rant PM from me when he died, though! :D

I think what may make the mafia seem more powerful is how the game unfolded.

Shane nailed JR on the first night. He told us he thought JR acted as if he knew something, so we trusted him. So N1, the town loses the Editor-in-Chief.

Thanks to D-Unit and the conversation that transcribed due to his belligerence, we figured out Brody was a Protector. So N2, the town loses a Protector. As a bonus, D-Unit is mod-killed, and the town loses their Tracker and the mafia learns the info roles are article writers due to D-Unit basically saying so. So that same night, I'm able to put together how ATL called out Broth during D1, and Broth was investigated by the Headline Reporter, so I investigate ATL. I find out he's the Headline Writer (after PM'ing the mods to get my results the next day! /spite). Thanks to SBH, we learn Shane was protected and investigated during N2, and thanks to Caddy watching Shane, we learned Snicho and ATL targeted Shane, so since we knew ATL was the investigator, we also learned about the town's final Protector in Snicho.

I never got my PM for Bulldogs the next day either /spite, but that turned out to be inconsequential. The mafia assumed his role was unimportant, or else they assumed I would have hinted it during my inevitable lynch, so thankfully Bulldogs ended up being a Townie. And despite me efforts to get the mods to tell the mafia BD's role and a list of his 5 favorite hobbies due to me not receiving my PM, or at least told that I was never sent it, I believe my noble efforts came up empty. Nevermore...

That's the Editor-in-Chief, Tracker, Protector, and Investigator all dead, and had their final Protector exposed all by N3. That's rough.

Looking back, I was very apprehensive of killing ATL, but in hindsight, it was the right move by Shane. It was worth me dying to take out the final credible info outlet for the town. From there, Shane planned he could "reveal investigator," and the town, tending to side with information rather than deduction, would likely go along with him in killing off townies, and McGee's role would make it appear that he's killing off mafia.

The Deep and Forenci connections to myself was unintentional, but was very fortunate since the town didn't even give them the chance to defend themselves before they lynched them.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
It is pretty offensive that you suggest this every time. I think my teammates and mods can atest that this did not happen.
I'm pretty sure I picked out one or two of the people with abilities myself before they were mentioned by anyone.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I do have to credit TH for investigating ATL. I didn't really want to and didn't think he was the headline reporter.

Follow Me on Twitter!
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You were the only one who suspected Shane early on, or at least voiced your opinion. Everyone else ate it up that he was an Investigator and that his investigations somehow didn't make it into the paper.. the very thing this entire game was based on..

It was a good catch by you but I already told you that.
I sent a prediction to the mods where in I predicted Renji, Shane and broth as mafia. 2 out of 3 on day 1 is pretty good.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I'm not sure there's ever been a more abusive GF/Goon relationship than mine and JBond's. He put me in the Russian Roulette lynch, and then sent me on the suicide mission to kill ATL. All the while beating me mercilessly and making me call him "Boss man."

The physical scars will eventually fade...but the emotional scars. The emotional scars will always be there.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I sent a prediction to the mods where in I predicted Renji, Shane and broth as mafia. 2 out of 3 on day 1 is pretty good.
I have no idea how anyone could actually believe im mafia.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Also, I'm not sure there's ever been a more abusive GF/Goon relationship than mine and JBond's. He put me in the Russian Roulette lynch, and then sent me on the suicide mission to kill ATL. All the while beating me mercilessly and making me call him "Boss man."

The physical scars will eventually fade...but the emotional scars. The emotional scars will always be there.
You know you loved every minute of it! Now call me Big Papa!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was how you and Shane were going back and forth said, but it just hit me h early on. I just knew you guys were together. I can't remember what broth said to clue me in, it was a post that just hit me funny.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was how you and Shane were going back and forth said, but it just hit me h early on. I just knew you guys were together. I can't remember what broth said to clue me in,[b][ it was a post that just hit me funny./B]
It wouldn't be his very first one basically spewing the town's win condition would it?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It wouldn't be his very first one basically spewing the town's win condition would it?
Holy tits, completely forgot about that. I even commented saying that was the very thing mafia do.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was how you and Shane were going back and forth said, but it just hit me h early on. I just knew you guys were together. I can't remember what broth said to clue me in, it was a post that just hit me funny.
i never defended jbond.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Holy tits, completely forgot about that. I even commented saying that was the very thing mafia do.
You can't afford to "forget" in these games.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
OK so here's what I gathered from the first seven pages.

1. Gonzo being gonzo again. Throwing **** around seeing what sticks.
2. On the no-lynch / lynch debate it isn't a game changing move one way or another. The reason why more veteran players go against the no-lynch is because back in the day it was automatic. No conversation no anything just quick no-lynch and that would be completely useless. Getting people to talk then no lynch is a viable strategy but as of right now I'm not going to vote for it.
3. Post counting this early in the game isn't telling of anything IMO. Its still day 1 sometimes people have **** to do. Post counts at this point aren't as telling as they are later.
It was that. When I read it, it came across as "It's a great idea, but it may screw me, so I won't support it." It's not that big of a clue, if you could even call it that, but it struck me the wrong, or should I say, the right way.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I have no idea how anyone could actually believe im mafia.
I didn't. I believed you from the very beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
You can't afford to "forget" in these games.
Yeah trust me, I feel dumb for that.

Do people take notes for this game? With my own brothup, I feel I should now consider it. I have been simply relying on my memory/search in the past.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i never defended jbond.
Not defending, but your pattern of interaction.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Yeah trust me, I feel dumb for that.

Do people take notes for this game? With my own brothup, I feel I should now consider it. I have been simply relying on my memory/search in the past.
I do in a word document when I'm good.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I take notes on each game separately, but end up throwing them away after every game. I do take pretty good mental notes though.