Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-18-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Some Friends are visiting Chicago

Hey bears fans, I live in chicago and am having some friends come into town to visit for the first time so I'm gathering recommendations of where I should go with them. My friend's a smart girl, a little artsy, intellectual and hipstery, but in general just a very relaxed and easy going chick. I've got some ideas but never hurts to gather more..

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 12-18-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In that case, you can't go wrong with the Art Institute or the Museum of Science and Industry. I'm not as big a fan of the Shedd Aquarium, and I'm not sure how the Brookfield Zoo operates during the winter.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
In that case, you can't go wrong with the Art Institute or the Museum of Science and Industry. I'm not as big a fan of the Shedd Aquarium, and I'm not sure how the Brookfield Zoo operates during the winter.
Yeah, I love the art institute and it's one of my go to's, but I'm trying to think of what we can do that's a little more atypical, she's visited before and I showed her the big sights and while her friend's never been I'm trying to think of something cool to do in some of the more hipster parts of the city, neighborhoods like Logan Square, Wicker Park n Wrigleyville.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Yeah, I love the art institute and it's one of my go to's, but I'm trying to think of what we can do that's a little more atypical, she's visited before and I showed her the big sights and while her friend's never been I'm trying to think of something cool to do in some of the more hipster parts of the city, neighborhoods like Logan Square, Wicker Park n Wrigleyville.
I would avoid Wrigleyville, I would never call it "hipster".

Are they beer people? I always enjoy The Map Room and nearby is Revolution Brewery which is nice. People always tell me to go to Skylark at Cermak and Halsted. It's in the South Loop/University Village area.

The Hungry Brain is a pretty cool dive in Roscoe Village, it's like belmont and western I think (google confirms), they have live music some nights and sporadic improv or open mics.

Empty Bottle has shows almost every night, it's in Ukrainian Village, I think I saw they were having a Mayan End of the World show on Friday.

My roommates favorite bar is the Gold Star. It's a nice dive.

Also what's your budget like? Butcher & the Burger is fantastic and I prefer it to DMK and there is no crazy wait like Kuma's. Kuma's is a cool little place but people are now snubbing it because its become popular. Still a good burger, still a cool place, and I find all the waitresses attractive. Big & Little's is pretty good but I find it over hyped. That's in River North so not exactly super cultured.

I didn't give you any great spots that don't involve drinking or eating, but my brain isn't functioning at a high level.

Okay, Let me just link to the r/chicago guide.
http://www.reddit.com/r/chicago/comm..._part_iii_812/

I recommend Too Much Light, iO and Second City.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Last edited by dabears10 : 12-18-2012 at 02:43 PM.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I guess I've just always assumed that wrigleyville was hipster since only my very hipster friends live near there. I'm not sure how well the beer things are going to fly cause my friend's a stoner who rarely drinks while her friend is the opposite.

So far I've got the art institute, because I take every first timer there, adler after dark, and I'm thinking second city. But what I really need would be some day time city stuff, I usually only head into the city with a place to be so I don't really know exactly what it is I'm looking for. I've got food pretty well covered, although she might still be eating vegan, which would throw a wrench in things.

As for budget, I've got some cash to burn on this so that's not a big concern.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always could go to WaterTower area during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikaphillips View Post
Most things in life often no so perfect. In child, I have not this feeling, don't want to believe it could even be so, but with age, approves of this statement, that remark it is true. May be due to the physical condition is much worse than before, it may be due to increased experience.
HUH??.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
HUH??.....
what you didn't understand that? As a child it's tough to understand that not only is the world not perfect, but it's what you make of it. Ironic then that children, who often spend their days creating fantasy worlds, often do not recognize that they have the same potential to alter the reality they share with the rest of us. The few who do, it's truly beautiful and certainly makes them standard bearers for the boundless limits of human potential.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote