Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 01-07-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some quick PFF notes:

-The Bears defense graded out at -186.4 on the season, worst in the NFL. For reference, the second worst was at -94.4.

-The run defense graded out at -132.2, worst in the NFL. Second worst was -66.8.

-Only one of our original defensive starters had a positive grade on the season...Tim Jennings.

-Josh McCown was the 5th-highest graded QB in 2014.

-Brandon Marshall was the highest-graded WR in the entire NFL. What put him over other #1 WRs was his stellar blocking, which was best in the league by quite a bit.

-Jordan Mills had the 3rd-lowest grade among offensive tackles.

-Our highest-graded O lineman was Matt Slauson.

-Shea McClellin was the 2nd worst-graded 4-3 DE overall, and also the #1 worst in run defense. He did not grade positively in any aspect of the game.

-Michael Bennett, Martellus' brother and a frequent-mentioned player in Bears free agency rumors, graded as the 4th-best overall 4-3 DE.

-James Anderson had the 3rd-worst overall grade among all 4-3 OLBs, and the worst in run defense.

-Jon Bostic was the 5th-lowest-graded of all MLB/ILBs in the NFL, regardless of scheme.

-Major Wright had the worst grade of all NFL safeties, and the 2nd-worst against the run.

-Chris Conte had the 4th-worst grade for a safety...and the worst run grade in the NFL.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How often did Trestman spread it out w/ 3+ WR sets? A Ravens website talked about how he would do that w/ Cutler.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
How often did Trestman spread it out w/ 3+ WR sets? A Ravens website talked about how he would do that w/ Cutler.
I think someone worded something poorly there.

On the occasions that he put a third receiver on the field, the third receiver usually DID line up wide, but the #1 receiver lined up on the inside by the linemen and worked the middle of the field. He did have three receivers spread out wide once in a while as all teams do, but it was definitely less than average.

We always had a TE on the field. We played two TE sets sometimes. Sometimes our 6th lineman was on the field as an H-back. Our running back and tight end were #1 and #2 on the team in receptions despite Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery being here.

He didn't spread the field horizontally (or vertically) at all. This year, the offense was very much about short plays in the middle of the field. We were almost the exact opposite of a spread.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:04 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey gents, I am doing the forum mock for you guys and just want to know if the defense is 3-4 or 4-3... ESPN has 4-3 but I know you guys have a new DC...
Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:46 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Hey gents, I am doing the forum mock for you guys and just want to know if the defense is 3-4 or 4-3... ESPN has 4-3 but I know you guys have a new DC...
It's going to be a 3-4 defense.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:58 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
It's going to be a 3-4 defense.
Ok thank you sir.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:35 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Offense

QB - Jay Cutler - Jimmy Clausen - David Fales
RB - Matt Forte - Quizz - Kadeem Carey
WR - Alshon - Josh Bellamy
WR - Marquess Wilson - Eddie Royal - Josh Morgan
TE - Martellus - Dante Rosario - Zach Miller - Blake Annen
LT - Jermon Bushrod - Charles Leno
LG - Eben Britton - Michael Ola - Vladimir Ducasse
C - Will Montgomery
RG - Kyle Long - Michael Ola
RT - Jordan Mills - Leno - Britton

3-4 Defense

LDE - Lamarr Houston - Trevor Scott - Austen Lane
NT - Jeremiah Ratliff? - Jarvis Jenkins - Ego Ferguson - Will Sutton - Brandon Dunn
RDE - Jared Allen - Ray McDonald - Cornelius Washington
WLB - Pernell McPhee - Khaseem Greene - DeDe Lattimore
MLB - Jon Bostic
MLB - Mason Foster
SLB - Shea Mcclellin - Willie Young - Christian Jones - Sam Acho
CB - Tim Jennings - Alan Ball - Al Louis-Jean
CB - Kyle Fuller - Sherrick McManis - Demontre Hurst
FS - Antrel Rolle - Brock Vereen
SS - Ryan Mundy - Danny McCray - Adrian Wilson

Any GLARING/MASSIVE problems?

Old 04-18-2015, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Offense

QB - Jay Cutler - Jimmy Clausen - David Fales
RB - Matt Forte - Quizz - Kadeem Carey
WR - Alshon - Josh Bellamy
WR - Marquess Wilson - Eddie Royal - Josh Morgan
TE - Martellus - Dante Rosario - Zach Miller - Blake Annen
LT - Jermon Bushrod - Charles Leno
LG - Eben Britton - Michael Ola - Vladimir Ducasse
C - Will Montgomery
RG - Kyle Long - Michael Ola
RT - Jordan Mills - Leno - Britton

3-4 Defense

LDE - Lamarr Houston - Trevor Scott - Austen Lane
NT - Jeremiah Ratliff? - Jarvis Jenkins - Ego Ferguson - Will Sutton - Brandon Dunn
RDE - Jared Allen - Ray McDonald - Cornelius Washington
WLB - Pernell McPhee - Khaseem Greene - DeDe Lattimore
MLB - Jon Bostic
MLB - Mason Foster
SLB - Shea Mcclellin - Willie Young - Christian Jones - Sam Acho
CB - Tim Jennings - Alan Ball - Al Louis-Jean
CB - Kyle Fuller - Sherrick McManis - Demontre Hurst
FS - Antrel Rolle - Brock Vereen
SS - Ryan Mundy - Danny McCray - Adrian Wilson

Any GLARING/MASSIVE problems?
Both of the guys you have as starting DEs have been said by coaches to the media to be playing OLB. Khaseem Greene wouldn't be playing OLB, but ILB as he has no pass rush ability. Cornelius Washington says coaches told him he's playing OLB. John Fox said McLellin is being tried at ILB. Kyle Long is reportedly being moved to tackle. Our starting LG, Matt Slauson, is nowhere on there.

And you've got a number of guys deeper on the position lists who aren't actually under contract with the Bears...

Last edited by Monomach : 04-18-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:44 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Both of the guys you have as starting DEs have been said by coaches to the media to be playing OLB. Khaseem Greene wouldn't be playing OLB, but ILB as he has no pass rush ability. Cornelius Washington says coaches told him he's playing OLB. John Fox said McLellin is being tried at ILB. Kyle Long is reportedly being moved to tackle. Our starting LG, Matt Slauson, is nowhere on there.

And you've got a number of guys deeper on the position lists who aren't actually under contract with the Bears...
Lamarr Houston at 300 lbs at OLB? He is a freak but ok Jared Allen I guess makes sense as he isn't big enough to be a 3-4 DE right? Kyle Long to RT? and who do I have on the depth chart not under contract?

Old 04-18-2015, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Lamarr Houston at 300 lbs at OLB? He is a freak but ok Jared Allen I guess makes sense as he isn't big enough to be a 3-4 DE right? Kyle Long to RT? and who do I have on the depth chart not under contract?
LaMarr Houston's weight coming out of college was 300+. He was 275 in 2013 when the Raiders started using him at OLB on some snaps. He played last season at 268 as a DE for us. The NFL.com listings for weight are wrong for almost everyone. I think they're never updated after their rookie preseason.

Josh Morgan, Eben Britton, Trevor Scott, Danny McCray, and Adrian Wilson are all UDFAs.

Now I see David Bass is missing from the OLBs, too.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:03 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
LaMarr Houston's weight coming out of college was 300+. He was 275 in 2013 when the Raiders started using him at OLB on some snaps. He played last season at 268 as a DE for us. The NFL.com listings for weight are wrong for almost everyone. I think they're never updated after their rookie preseason.

Josh Morgan, Eben Britton, Trevor Scott, Danny McCray, and Adrian Wilson are all UDFAs.

Now I see David Bass is missing from the OLBs, too.
Alright thanks champ... I fixed it I think.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:31 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Interested to see what you guys think about how I have done in the forum mock so far... haven't done as much as scouting as I should of but I have been busy.. I think I got the positions right though the Bears have a number of "holes"

Moved back from 7 to 13 and got Landon Collins which also included the 31st pick in which I addressed the line and scooped Cameron Irving out of FSU and then with the 39th pick I went with PJ Williams CB from FSU...