Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-18-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote Count:

Todd (4)- sbh, FE, njx9, Shane
No Lynch (4)- jrdrylie, CMD, CJ, fenikz
Gonzo (2)- Caddy, Renji
SP (2)- ATL, Bulldogs
jrdrylie (1)- TACKLE

With 22 alive, 12 are needed for a majority.

The clock began when the thread opened. The day will end at 9PM if no decision is made before then.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
yea thats gonna work now that you spelled it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'm sure that will work great so long as none of the mafia scum know it's the plan.
That's the thing though, by keeping total anonymity in the beginning, evil doesn't know if they are watched or not nor does it require anyone with a power to risk anything.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
That's the thing though, by keeping total anonymity in the beginning, evil doesn't know if they are watched or not nor does it require anyone with a power to risk anything.
but if they are killed we get nothing from their deaths.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think this is a terrible idea... and one you would not usually offer.
Usually no, and if we were to lynch Todd and he came back as evil, it would be the biggest back-fire I would have ever been part of.

In all honesty, I did some serious thinking about Renji's plan from last game and started thinking up a "trap" move. The only way it would work is to have total anonymity from the "cage", but the "bait" has to be out in the open. The "trigger" then has to risk going after the bait without knowing who the cage is or if it even active.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of using anonymity and subtlety for most of the game, but the plan you laid out is oddly concocted and honestly didn't even really make sense to me.

People kill townies that aren't likely to be watched, true. But they don't so much kill people that are currently the most popular lynch target.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
why would the mafia waste time on a player who isn't actually playing? the irrelevant check-in player would be my favorite player right now.
The mafia wouldn't, but a Serial Killer might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that plan basically wastes the use of the watcher, though. no non-killing role is going to visit an inactive so in the event the watcher looks at that person the mafia/serial killer has an open door to kill a more active player.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I admit I'm not that great at this game, but that definitely sounds like a waste of resources and I'm not quite what that woukd accomplish. Now If you are with Todd CJ, it sounds like a good plan to keep him alive.

Vote: Todd

Now with McGee and CJ's defense if he is lynched and is mafia we would get a ton of information.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I like the idea of using anonymity and subtlety for most of the game, but the plan you laid out is oddly concocted and honestly didn't even really make sense to me.

People kill townies that aren't likely to be watched, true. But they don't so much kill people that are currently the most popular lynch target.
When you fish, do you cast your line out then pull it in immediately? No, you leave it out there and be patient and watch.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote Count:

Todd (5)- sbh, FE, njx9, Shane, ngata
Gonzo (2)- Caddy, Renji
SP (2)- ATL, Bulldogs
jrdrylie (1)- TACKLE

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-18-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unlynch gonzo
lynch CJ

Old 07-18-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
that plan basically wastes the use of the watcher, though. no non-killing role is going to visit an inactive so in the event the watcher looks at that person the mafia/serial killer has an open door to kill a more active player.
I wouldn't say nobody else would visit them. Inactivity can make people curious and investigators/role cops could check up on them. I still wouldn't watch them. I do think it is too early to suspect prolonged inactivity, but I will go for anything over RR (unless it's me being killed)
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Vote Count:

Todd (5)- sbh, FE, njx9, Shane, ngata
SP (2)- ATL, Bulldogs
Gonzo (1)- Caddy
jrdrylie (1)- TACKLE
CJ (1)- Renji

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I wouldn't say nobody else would visit them. Inactivity can make people curious and investigators/role cops could check up on them. I still wouldn't watch them. I do think it is too early to suspect prolonged inactivity, but I will go for anything over RR (unless it's me being killed)
I think they would be more likely to target someone who has been around but laying low rather than someone who has been almost non-existant.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
sure, but he'd have to be illiterate to do so now. i don't see how that was a plan with any real chance of success, unless the plan was solely to waste a watcher to free up a 'better' kill.
No, it wouldn't work now. For this to work, the watcher would have to watch Todd without telling anyone. CJ could then try to bait the serial killer to take out an inactive Todd and then the watcher would see who killed Todd and we'd have an easly lynch the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, voting Todd probably makes the most sense right now, inactivity is the worst and this can't go too RR, so a decision has to be made eventually. I'm not really sure what CJ is doing, but I don't think he would come out with that if he was evil.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
When you fish, do you cast your line out then pull it in immediately? No, you leave it out there and be patient and watch.
I don't like this idea. And I rarely fish. And I start sentences with "and" too often.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
No, it wouldn't work now. For this to work, the watcher would have to watch Todd without telling anyone. CJ could then try to bait the serial killer to take out an inactive Todd and then the watcher would see who killed Todd and we'd have an easly lynch the next day.
No one has told anyone anything yet other than laying out the plan. Evil now has to decide is it safe or not.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
No one has told anyone anything yet other than laying out the plan. Evil now has to decide is it safe or not.
Todd is no danger at all. No need for them to kill him at all

Old 07-18-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Todd is no danger at all. No need for them to kill him at all
I think he was suggesting not that they needed to kill him, but that it would be an easy kill to get away with. he'd probably be a more likely target for the serial killer, since he has no agenda besides keeping himself alive
Old 07-18-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

yea but i mean, say you put him out there. Why would they kill Todd? There is absolutely no reason too. Thats why I said we need an investigative roles. We need to have bait. Todd is no bait.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way that they'll target Todd now though. Saying the plan outloud to everyone who can read this thread made it all a moot point: they won't kill Todd. It makes no sense now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
There is no way that they'll target Todd now though. Saying the plan outloud to everyone who can read this thread made it all a moot point: they won't kill Todd. It makes no sense now.
UNLESS they now think we are so sure they won't kill Todd that they know nobody will watch him and thusly they will be able to kill him!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if the SK and the mafia won't, we should.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I think he was suggesting not that they needed to kill him, but that it would be an easy kill to get away with. he'd probably be a more likely target for the serial killer, since he has no agenda besides keeping himself alive
Quote:
yea but i mean, say you put him out there. Why would they kill Todd? There is absolutely no reason too. Thats why I said we need an investigative roles. We need to have bait. Todd is no bait.
You seem sure of Todd's status, which makes me a bit suspicous. Are you masoned? Are you protecting a fellow mafioso? (Would you even know he's mafia already?)

His inactivity could be "laying low" due to a power role, mafia ties, or simply joining and not playing. How are you so sure he's no threat and there's no reason to target him?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote